From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from The Academy)
|Look up academy in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An academy is an institution of higher learning, research, or honorary membership.
Academy may also refer to:
- Platonic Academy, the original Academy founded by the philosopher Plato in ancient Greece circa 385 BCE
- Academy (English school), formerly known as city academy, type of publicly financed but independently run school
- A French regional academy overseeing education
National Language Regulators
- Accademia della Crusca, the Italian institution seeking to maintain the "purity" of the original Italian language
- Académie française, the French Academy, pre-eminent French learned body on matters pertaining to the French language, officially established in 1635
- Real Academia Española, Spanish Royal Academy, the institution responsible for regulating the Spanish language
- Svenska Akademien, the Swedish Academy founded to further the "purity, strength, and sublimity of the Swedish language
See List of language regulators for complete list.
- The Academy (music venue), located in Dublin, Ireland
- The Academy Drum and Bugle Corps, Tempe, Arizona
- The Academy, previous name for alternative rock band Elliot Minor
- Academy Sports and Outdoors, sporting goods store
- Academy Plastic Model Co., Korean scale model manufacturer
- Academy Bus, bus company based in New Jersey
- Academy Music Group, owner-operator of British music venues (Carling academy)
- The Academy (Hotel), a London hotel located in the district of Bloomsbury
- Academi, previously known as Xe Services LLC, Blackwater USA and Blackwater Worldwide
Film and television
- Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS), an American organization responsible for the Academy Awards (Oscars)
- Academy (film), a 2007 Japanese film
- The Academy (2005 TV series), a Hong Kong drama series
- The Academy (TV series), an American reality television series
- "The Academy", a fifth season episode of the fantasy television series, Hercules: The Legendary Journeys
- "Academy", an episode of the Max Headroom TV series
- Academy, St. Louis, Missouri, USA
- Academy Bay, Galapagos islands
- Academy Glacier, Antarctica
- Academy, Alberta Canada
- Academy (automobile), 1906–1908 British automobile
- Academy (video game), a 1987 ZX Spectrum video game
- The Academy (periodical), a London periodical, 1869–1902, published as The Academy and Literature, 1902–1916
- The Academy Shopping Centre, a shopping centre in Aberdeen, Scotland
- Youth academy, a youth development system attached to a sports club
- Academia, sometimes collectively called the academy
- National Academy, includes links to several such organisations
- Royal Academy (disambiguation) for many institutions of this name
- List of Wikipedia articles starting with "Academy"
- List of Wikipedia articles starting with "The Academy"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.