|Past members||Nick Rogers
The Advantage is an American rock band from Sacramento, California that formed in 1998 and specializes in doing covers of music from old NES games. They have covered songs from numerous videogames, including Mega Man, Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Castlevania and Metroid. As of 2011 they have released two albums on the record label 5RC.
The band consists of Robby Moncrieff (guitar), Ben Milner (guitar), Carson McWhirter (bass) and Spencer Seim (drums) of Hella. Nick Rogers and Forrest Harding, former Nevada Union High School students, are the two original members who started the band. Cassie Stewart was featured on bass for a while as well. Seim, who attended high school with Rogers and Harding, asked if he could play drums for them and was accepted. At the time the band was called Generic.
- as "Generic": Gay Nerd (date unknown) Self Released
- as "Generic": Rad Dude (date unknown) Self Released
- The Advantage (April 6, 2004) 5 Rue Christine Records
- 2004 West Coast Tour CD (February, 2004) Self Released
- 2004 US Tour CD (October, 2004) Self Released
- Elf Titled (January 24, 2006) 5 Rue Christine Records
- "Underwear: So Big!" 2006 Tour CD-R (August 2006) Self Released
- B-Sides Anthology (September 7, 2010) Obstructive Vibrations
|This article on a United States indie rock band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|