The Adventure of Little Ralph
|The Adventure of Little Ralph|
The game's protagonist, Ralph, starts out as a grown man, but is turned into a child by the game's villain. For most of the game, Ralph stays a child, except for every boss fight after the midboss, in which the gameplay changes to that of a fighting game.
The game's most unique factor is its graphics, as the game is one of the few 2D platformers released in the fifth generation of video games consoles. Most developers stressed the 3D capabilities of the 5th-gen consoles, so 2D was shunned, for the most part, until the sixth generation of video game consoles, when "retro" gaming started to rise in popularity. In fact, The Adventure of Little Ralph could be the first "Retraux" video game, given that it was designed as a 16-bit platformer but was released during a time when 16-bit was seen as obsolete. The game was never localized for international markets, and it languished in obscurity, known only by niche retro gaming sites, until very recently, when major game journalism sites played and reviewed the game.
- 1397350800. "Adventure of Little Ralph (Game)". Giant Bomb. Retrieved 2014-04-11.
- "Chippoke Ralph no Daibōken: The Adventure of Little Ralph for PlayStation (1999) Forums". MobyGames. 1999-06-03. Retrieved 2014-04-11.
- "CLASSIC GAME REVIEW - The Adventure Of Little Ralph (Playstation)". Retro Spirit Games. 2012-10-30. Retrieved 2014-04-11.
- "Adventure of Little Ralph for PlayStation". GameFAQs. 1999-06-03. Retrieved 2014-04-11.
- "The Adventure Of Little Ralph - Playstation". illusionware.it. Retrieved 2014-04-11.
- "Adventures of Little Ralph - PlayStation - IGN". Ca.ign.com. 1999-06-03. Retrieved 2014-04-11.
- "ちっぽけラルフの大冒険" (in Japanese). Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "It Came From Japan! The Adventures of Little Ralph". Destructoid. 13 September 2012. Retrieved 2014-04-11.
- "「EGG MUSIC」，「ちっぽけラルフの大冒険」のサントラをリリース" (Press release) (in Japanese). 1 December 2009. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "ちっぽけラルフの大冒険 [PS] / ファミ通.com". Famitsu (in Japanese). Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- Peeples, Jeremy (12 June 2012). "Graveyard: The Adventure of Little Ralph ‹ Hardcore Gamer". Hardcoregamer.com. Retrieved 2014-04-11.