The Adventures of Chuck and Friends
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010)|
|The Adventures of Chuck and Friends|
|Written by||Adam Beechen|
|Voices of||Stacey DePass
|Country of origin||United States
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||39 (Episodes)
78 (Segments) (List of episodes)
|Running time||22 minutes
(2 11 minute segments)
|Production company(s)||Hasbro Studios|
|Original channel||The Hub
|Original run||October 15, 2010 – December 26, 2011|
The Adventures of Chuck and Friends is a television series which airs on The Hub's daily block "HubBub", in the United States. On HubBub it first aired on October 15, 2010. The show is being produced in collaboration by Toronto based studios Nelvana, Pipeline Studios Inc. and Hasbro Studios. The Adventures of Chuck and Friends airs on Cartoonito in the United Kingdom and on Treehouse TV in Canada.
- Chuck - Chuck is the main character of the series. He is a dump truck. Chuck seems to be a little truck with big dreams. He aspires to be a race truck. His parents are Haulie and Porter. His older brother is Rally. He seems to have various friends. Chuck tries to be the best friend he can be, though he can sometimes be selfish. For example, in "Lights, Camera, Trucks", he repeatedly stops a film production in order to get it perfect. Also, in "Fender Bender", when he accidentally gets injured by Boomer, he takes advantage of Boomer in order to get out of cleaning his room. It is revealed in one episode that he is great at racing on paved roads. He often uses the phrase "Red-hot turbo chargers!" He, along with his friends, chant the phrase "Friends for the long haul."
- Rowdy - Rowdy is a garbage truck. He is one of Chuck's friends. Like his type of truck indicates, he enjoys getting filthy, usually to the chagrin of his friends. In one episode, it is revealed that he is great at finding things.
- Handy - Handy is a tow truck. He is one of Chuck's friends. As his name indicates, he has various objects, usually tools, in the bed of his truck. He also has a hook. He is often seen with Soku.
- Digger - Digger is a backhoe. He is a friend of Chuck. As his name indicates, he enjoys digging. He has a Spanish accent. He refers to his friends as "amigos". In one episode, it is revealed that he can race best on a track with obstacles.
- Biggs - Biggs is a monster truck. He is one of Chuck's friends. As his name indicates, he is a big truck (though he seems to be shorter than Digger). He has a Southern accent. He refers to his friends as "buddies". In one episode, it is revealed that he can race best on a dirt track. He often uses the phrase "Wa-hoo!"
- Boomer - Boomer is a fire truck. He is one of Chuck's friends. Boomer seems to have a gut feeling that a plan might not work. This is seen whenever he voices his opinion that he is not sure about something. He also seems to be the most loyal to Chuck. This is seen in "Fender Bender", when, although Chuck had a minor injury, he tended to Chuck.
- Flip - Flip is a new friend of Chuck. As his name indicates, he is a stunt truck that flips. He has two sides: one that allows him to speed, and one that allows him to manuveur around obstacles. He was introduced in "The Big Air Dare." Although he is competitive with Chuck, he turns out to be a caring friend who hates to see Chuck endangered. He is probably part of the regular cast of characters since he also appears in a Season 2 episode. While he still retains his competitive attitude. He is one of the three main characters that lost his first voice actor.
- Haulie - Haulie is Chuck's mom. As her name indicates, she is a forklift. She runs a repair center.
- Porter - Porter is Chuck's father. As his name indicates, he is a big rig. He runs a retail store. He is one of the three characters that lost his first voice actor.
- Soku - Soku is a souped-up vehicle. He is one of Chuck's friends. As his name indicates, he is of Japanese origin. This is shown in "Soku-Kun", when his cousin from Japan visits. He is often seen with Handy. He is one of the three characters that lost his first voice actor.
- Rally - Rally is Chuck's brother. As his name indicates, he is a racing truck. He seems to be quite successful. Unlike most sibling pairs, Chuck enjoys his brother, even though he is famous. Chuck seems to look up to his older brother and, instead of get jealous, aspire to be a racing truck like him. Rally's motto is "Over, around, and through, trucks go and see and do." This is sometimes repeated by Chuck to his friend, like in episodes such as "The Pothole".
- Stacey DePass - Boomer
- Fabrizio Fillipo - Digger
- Darren Frost - Rowdy
- Gabriel Giammaria - Chuck
- Gabriel Giuliani - Handy
- Lauren Holly - Haulie
- Lyon Smith - Rally
- Joanne Vannicola - Biggs
- Dale Yim - Soku
- "The Adventures of Chuck & Friends". bcdb.com, March 23, 2011
- The Adventures of Chuck and Friends at Hasbro Studios
- Official website at The Hub
- The Adventures of Chuck and Friends at the Internet Movie Database