The Adventures of Chuck and Friends
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010)|
|The Adventures of Chuck and Friends|
|Written by||Adam Beechen|
|Voices of||Stacey DePass
|Country of origin||United States
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||39 (Episodes)
78 (Segments) (List of episodes)
|Running time||22 minutes
(2 11 minute segments)
|Production company(s)||Hasbro Studios
|Original channel||Hub Network
The CW (Vortexx)
|Original run||October 15, 2010– April 21, 2013|
|Related shows||Bob the Builder|
The Adventures of Chuck and Friends is a computer animation television series which aired in the U.S. on The Hub's defunct HubBub block, as well as Saturday mornings on The CW as part of the Vortexx block and in the U.K. on Milkshake! on Channel 5, Tiny Pop Nick Jr. and Cartoonito. It re-ran on Hub Network until December 27, 2013.
The show was produced in collaboration by Toronto based studios Nelvana, Pipeline Studios Inc. and Hasbro Studios. The Adventures of Chuck and Friends airs on Tiny Pop, Nick Jr, Cartoonito and Milkshake! in the United Kingdom and on Treehouse TV in Canada.
- Chuck - Chuck, the main character of the series, is a dump truck. Chuck aspires to be a race truck. His parents are Haulie and Porter, and he has an older brother named Rally. He has various friends, and tries to be the best friend he can be, though he can sometimes be selfish. For example, in "Lights, Camera, Trucks", he repeatedly stops a film production in order to get it perfect. Also, in "Fender Bender", when he accidentally gets injured by Boomer, he takes advantage of Boomer in order to get out of cleaning his room. It is revealed in one episode that he is great at racing on paved roads. He often uses the phrase "Red-hot turbo chargers!" He, along with his friends, chant the phrase "Friends for the long haul."
- Rowdy - a garbage truck. He is one of Chuck's friends. Like his type of truck indicates, he enjoys getting filthy, usually to the chagrin of his friends. In one episode, it is revealed that he is great at finding things, although ironically he loses the horn his Grandfather gave him in the episode "Mystery, He Rode".
- Handy - a tow truck. He is one of Chuck's friends. As his name indicates, he has various objects, usually tools, in the bed of his truck. He also has a hook. He is often seen with Soku. In the episode "Charlie the Screwdriver, it is revealed he has a younger brother named Clutch who is also a tow truck and is missing a front tooth to indicate his young age.
- Digger - a backhoe. He is a friend of Chuck. As his name indicates, he enjoys digging. He has a Spanish accent. He refers to his friends as "amigos". In one episode, it is revealed that he can race best on a track with obstacles.
- Biggs - a monster truck. He is one of Chuck's friends. As his name indicates, he is a big truck (though he seems to be shorter than Digger). He has a Texas accent which is evidenced by the horns on his and his Father's cab roofs. He refers to his friends as "buddies". In one episode, it is revealed that he can race best on a dirt track. He often uses the phrase "Wa-hoo!"
- Boomer - a fire truck. He is one of Chuck's friends. Boomer seems to have a gut feeling that a plan might not work. This is seen whenever he voices his opinion that he is not sure about something. He also seems to be the most loyal to Chuck. This is seen in "Fender Bender", when, although Chuck had a minor injury, he tended to Chuck.
- Flip - a new friend of Chuck's. As his name indicates, he is a stunt truck/bounce-back racer that flips. He has two sides: one that allows him to speed, and one that allows him to manuveur around obstacles. He was introduced in "The Big Air Dare." Although he is competitive with Chuck, he turns out to be a caring friend who hates to see Chuck endangered. He is probably part of the regular cast of characters since he also appears in a Season 2 episode. While he still retains his competitive attitude. He is one of the three main characters that lost his first voice actor.
- Haulie - is Chuck's mom. As her name indicates, she is a forklift. She runs a repair center.
- Porter - is Chuck's father. As his name indicates, he is a big rig. He runs a retail store. He is one of the three characters that lost his first voice actor.
- Soku - a souped-up cruiser car. He is one of Chuck's friends. As his name indicates, he is of Japanese origin. This is shown in "Soku-Kun", when his cousin from Japan visits. He is often seen with Handy. He is one of the three characters that lost his first voice actor.
- Rally - is Chuck's brother. As his name indicates, he is a racing truck. He seems to be quite successful. Unlike most sibling pairs, Chuck enjoys his brother, even though he is famous. Chuck seems to look up to his older brother and, instead of get jealous, aspire to be a racing truck like him. Rally's motto is "Over, around, and through, trucks go and see and do!" This is sometimes repeated by Chuck to his friend, like in episodes such as "The Pothole" as well as in the main title theme song. He has a racing truck friend named "Flash" who mumbles and only Rally can understand him, saying in the episode "Race to the Race" where Flash was also introduced. He is referenced again in the episode "Charlie the Screwdriver".
- Stacey DePass - Boomer and Handy
- Fabrizio Fillipo - Digger
- Darren Frost - Rowdy
- Gabriel Giammaria - Chuck
- Gabriel Giuliani - Handy
- Lauren Holly - Haulie
- Lyon Smith - Rally
- Joanne Vannicola - Biggs
- Dale Yim - Soku
- Blair Williams - Porter
- "The Adventures of Chuck & Friends". bcdb.com, March 23, 2011
- The Adventures of Chuck and Friends at Hasbro Studios
- Official website at The Hub
- The Adventures of Chuck and Friends at the Internet Movie Database