|Created by||Chris Carter|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||1|
|Running time||54 mins|
|Original run||February 6, 2014– present|
The After is an American science fiction drama series created by Chris Carter for Amazon Studios. Along with Bosch, the premiere episode was one of two drama pilots Amazon streamed online in early 2014. Viewers were allowed to offer their opinions about the pilot before the studio decided whether or not to place a series order.
The pilot was ordered in August 2013 and made available for free online viewing beginning on February 6, 2014. On March 12, Amazon ordered The After to series. The first season will consist of eight episodes and will be released in four two-hour installments in early 2015.
Although story elements are being kept mostly under wraps, Amazon describes the series as a post-apocalyptic drama centered on eight strangers who must work together in order to survive in a violent, unpredictable new world.
- Aldis Hodge as Dee
- Andrew Howard as McCormack
- Arielle Kebbel as Tammy
- Jamie Kennedy as Dave
- Sharon Lawrence as Francis
- Sam Littlefield as Dark Shadow
- Louise Monot as Gigi
- Jaina Lee Ortiz as Marly Gonzalez
- Adrian Pasdar as Wade
The After was first announced in August 2013, breaking creator Chris Carter's 11-year absence from television after the conclusion of The X-Files. The pilot was originally made available on Amazon on February 6, 2014 and viewers were able to assess the final product and offer feedback before the studio made a final decision about a series pick-up. The After subsequently received an eight episode order for the first season, which will premiere in 2015.
Carter has stated that he hopes the series will run for a total of 99 episodes, and that he has used Dante Alighieri's epic poem The Divine Comedy (which features exactly 99 cantos) as his model for the show.
- Porter, Rick (October 31, 2013). "Amazon orders Michael Connelly pilot 'Bosch,' details 'X-Files' creator's 'The After'". Zap2It. Retrieved December 4, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (August 26, 2013). "Chris Carter's Drama 'The After' Gets Pilot Order At Amazon". Deadline. Retrieved December 4, 2013.
- Hibberd, James (February 6, 2014). "Amazon's new pilots released: Judge for yourself". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved February 7, 2014.
- Andreeva, Nellie (March 12, 2014). "Four Amazon Pilots Go To Series, 1 On Hold". Deadline. Retrieved March 13, 2014.
- Ng, Philiana (July 12, 2014). "Chris Carter Modeling Amazon's 'The After' With 99-Episode Goal". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 14, 2014.
- Willmore, Alison (October 31, 2013). "Amazon Makes It Official: 'Bosch' and Chris Carter's 'The After' Will Be Its First Two Drama Pilots to Be Tested Online". Indie Wire. Retrieved December 4, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (October 3, 2013). "Chris Carter's Amazon Pilot 'The After' Nabs Jamie Kennedy, Adrian Pasdar, Aldis Hodge". Deadline. Retrieved December 4, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (October 7, 2013). "Quartet Join Amazon Drama Pilot 'The After', 'Bosch' Casts One". Deadline. Retrieved December 4, 2013.
- "Shows A–Z – after, the on amazon". The Futon Critic. Retrieved December 4, 2013.