The Album of the Soundtrack of the Trailer of the Film of Monty Python and the Holy Grail
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011)|
|The Album of the Soundtrack of the Trailer of the Film of Monty Python and the Holy Grail|
|Soundtrack album by Monty Python|
|Recorded||1974 and 1975|
|Label||Charisma / Arista|
|Monty Python chronology|
The Album of the Soundtrack of the Trailer of the Film of Monty Python and the Holy Grail is an album released by Monty Python in 1975. It is a recording of some bits from Monty Python and the Holy Grail as well as some new material. It is billed as the "Executive Version" as a joke on popular "special editions" of albums that contained extra tracks unavailable on earlier versions. Naturally, no other version of this album existed in the original release. On the A side of the album [CAS.1103] the engraved text around the label reads:"An executive porky prime cut". On the B side it reads:"This is the small detailed writing on the record of the album of the trailer of the film of Monty Python and the Holy Grail - This writing is not [underscored] on the executive version of the album of the trailer of the film of Monty Python and the Holy Grail". So, probably, there have never been executive versions.
The sketch "A Foul-Tempered Rabbit", edited on the LP and 8-track, was included in its entirety on the cassette and CD.
Early versions of the CD contain only two tracks, corresponding to the two sides of the vinyl edition. Subsequent CD reissues have the sketches indexed into separate tracks.
A CD reissue in 1997 contains extended versions of two sketches, "You're Using Coconuts" and "The Castle of Louis de Lombard: 'A Strange Person'". This CD reissue also contains "The Bridge of Death". These additions are not available on any other version of the album.
In 2006, The Special Edition of the Executive Version of the Album of the Soundtrack of the Trailer of the Film of Monty Python and the Holy Grail was released, containing three extra tracks. This version of the CD does not contain "The Bridge of Death" or the two extended sketches.
Also in 2006, yet another CD reissue of The Album of the Soundtrack of the Trailer of the Film of Monty Python and the Holy Grail was included in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail: The Extraordinarily Deluxe DVD Edition". The bonus features disc had instructions on how to play the record. This CD does not contain "The Bridge of Death", the bonus tracks, or the two extended versions.
- Introduction To The Executive Version
- Tour Of The Classic Silbury Hill Theatre
- Live Broadcast From London: Premiere Of The Film
- Narration From The Silbury Hill Gentlemen's Room / You're Using Coconuts (extended version on 1997 CD)
- Bring Out Your Dead
- King Arthur And The Old Woman: A Lesson In Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune Living
- A Witch?
- A Lesson In Logic
- Knights of the Round Table
- The Quest For The Holy Grail
- Live From The Parking Lot At The Silbury Hill Theatre
- The Castle Of Louis De Lombard: A Strange Person (extended version on 1997 CD)
- Bomb Scare
- This Is Side Two!
- Executive Version Announcement - Apology
- The Story Of The Film So Far
- The Tale Of Sir Robin
- The Knights Who Say Ni!
- Interview with Filmmaker Carl French
- The Tale Of Sir Lancelot: At Swamp Castle
- Tim the Enchanter / A Shakespearean Critique
- A Foul-Tempered Rabbit
- The Bridge of Death (1997 CD version only)
- Executive Version Addendum
- The Castle Aaargh / The End
Exclusive to the 2006 CD remaster.
- Arthur's Song
- Documentary - Terry Jones And Michael Palin
- Run Away Song