The Alex Jones Show
|Running time||Mon-Fri, 11am - 2pm CST
Sun, 4pm - 6pm CST
|Home station||Genesis Communications Network|
|Producer(s)||Robert "Rob" Dew
|Recording studio||Austin, Texas, US|
The Alex Jones Show (known in some markets as Infowars with Alex Jones) is an American talk radio show hosted by political commentator, author and filmmaker, Alex Jones, on the Genesis Communications Network. The program is a syndicated radio show broadcast nationally on AM and FM radio stations in the United States, WWCR Radio shortwave, on XM Radio Channel 244, online on YouTube, via audio podcast, and on the official sites Infowars.com and PrisonPlanet.tv.
According to Jones himself, the radio show has over 15 million listeners a week, which would be 2.5 million per day.
The Alex Jones Show or Infowars has a format which has remained unchanged since the program began in 2001. The program airs live and primarily consists of interviews with guests on topics relating to politics, business, economics, war, health, liberty, privacy, technology, and constitutional law. Interviews are normally conducted by phone or Skype and occasionally with the guest in the studio. Interviews are anywhere between 10 minutes and two hours in length. Jones also conducts reports with his in-house writers and journalists who travel around Texas and the United States compiling reports. The remaining segments of the show are filled with Jones's monologues based on current events and listener calls. These monologues have a tendency to run into heated rants while listener calls tend to be fleeting and brief. The show is interspersed by advertisements, which often feature Jones as the voice-over. Most of the products advertised relate in some way to self-sufficiency, food, health or product available from Jones's Infowars store.
Supplementing the audio broadcast is a video stream, which focuses on the host and occasionally switches to a 'document cam' to show documents the host is reading. When a guest is speaking, a transition is made to either photos or a video feed of the guest. The video broadcast is available live from prisonplanet.tv, Roku and Boxee. Several hours later, various video segments are uploaded to Jones's official YouTube channel, TheAlexJonesChannel, which is largely free of advertisements. As of February 2014, the channel has 360 million views and over 750,000 subscribers, making around 5 or 6 million views a month. Jones actively encourages his listeners to freely distribute his radio shows, films and other materials, which contribute further listeners to the show from unofficial YouTube channels that upload the entire broadcast.
At the beginning of 2011, Alex Jones himself had hired reporters to cover the news for him. This formed a brand-new YouTube news show called Infowars Nightly News With Alex Jones to distinguish it from The Alex Jones Radio Show which usually features Jones himself.
The weekday show is usually host to one or two guests, but occasionally none, and is also a platform for the show's associated in-house writers. Guests come from a wide variety of political and ideological backgrounds, but are often characterized as being 'political atheists' or dissatisfied with both the Republican Party and Democratic Party.
Some notable guests have included the following:
- Bob Barr, former Republican congressman from Georgia
- Roseanne Barr, actor, comedian, author
- Richard Belzer, actor, comedian, author
- Nick Begich, Jr., author, lecturer, and self-proclaimed HAARP expert
- Matt Bellamy, musician and founder of Muse
- Russell Brand, actor, comedian, author
- Andreas von Bülow, former German minister
- Alan Colmes, broadcaster
- Milton William Cooper, conspiracy theorist radio host
- Billy Corgan, musician and founder of The Smashing Pumpkins
- Noam Chomsky, author
- John DeCamp, former Republican member of the Nebraska Legislature and author of the book The Franklin Cover-up: Child Abuse, Satanism, and Murder in Nebraska
- Lou Dobbs, broadcaster
- Christine Ebersole, actress and singer
- Neil Fallon, musician and founder of Clutch
- Professor Griff, rapper and member of Public Enemy
- Mike Gravel, former Democratic senator from Alaska
- Dick Gregory, comedian & civil rights activist
- Charlton Heston, actor
- Immortal Technique, rapper
- Al Jourgensen, musician and founder of Ministry
- Mike Judge, animator and filmmaker
- KRS-One, rapper
- Dennis Kucinich, Democratic congressman from Ohio
- David Lynch, film director
- David Mayer de Rothschild, banking heir
- Ralph Nader, activist & author
- Willie Nelson, musician
- Chuck Norris, actor
- Patrice O'Neal, actor & comedian
- Rand Paul, Republican Senator from Kentucky
- Nomi Prins, author & whistle-blower
- Prodigy, rapper
- Doug Stanhope, actor & comedian
- Henry Rollins, musician, actor, author, spoken word artist & former member of Black Flag and founder of Rollins Band
- Michael Savage, radio host & author
- Charlie Sheen, actor
- Sean Stone, film director
- Fritz Springmeier, conspiracy theorist author
- Gore Vidal, author
- Christopher Walken, actor
- Nicolas Winding Refn, film director
Recurring guests appearing on the program have included the following:
- Ed Asner, former President of the Screen Actors Guild
- Chuck Baldwin, pastor
- Gerald Celente, trends forecaster
- Nigel Farage, British MEP and Leader of the UK Independence Party (UKIP)
- Joseph Farah, founder of WorldNetDaily
- Catherine Austin Fitts, former Assistant Secretary of Housing and Federal Housing
- Hamid Gul, former Director-General of Inter-Services Intelligence
- David Icke, conspiracy theorist author
- Gary Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico
- Max Keiser, broadcaster and former stockbroker
- Adam Kokesh, activist and radio host
- Jim Marrs, conspiracy theorist author
- Mancow Muller, broadcaster and radio host
- Greg Palast, investigative journalist
- Ron Paul, Republican congressman from Texas
- Russell Means, actor and activist
- Dave Mustaine, founder of Megadeth
- Ted Nugent, musician and Second Amendment activist
- Mark Dice, conservative activist, conspiracy theorist author
- John Perkins, author
- Steve Pieczenik, former State Department official
- James Wesley Rawles, best-selling novelist and Editor of SurvivalBlog
- Paul Craig Roberts, former U.S. Assistant Secretary of Treasury
- Lew Rockwell, economic commentator
- Stefan Molyneux, Canadian philosopher
- Joe Rogan, comedian, sports-commentator and host of Fear Factor
- Peter Schiff, economist and radio host
- Anthony Shaffer, whistle-blower
- Webster Tarpley, historian
- Jesse Ventura, former Governor of Minnesota, host of Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura
- Wayne Madsen, conspiracy theorist, blogger/journalist, former NSA contractor
The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) has written about the show, calling it anti-government and a platform for conspiracy theories. They have further characterized the show's host as harboring anti-Israel positions, though he has not been labeled as anti-Semitic. Conversely, the show has been targeted by anti-Semitic websites and radio shows that claim the show is part of a Jewish conspiracy citing the Jewish heritage of the host's wife and some of the show's sponsors.
- Alex Jones Live
- "Alex Jones is the phenomenon that just keeps growing". Gcnlive.com. Retrieved 2013-01-19.
- "America's Talk: Compelling Talk Show Hosts". Siriusxm.com. Retrieved 2013-01-19.
- "About Alex Jones". Infowars.com. Retrieved 2013-01-19.
- "PrisonPlanet.tv". PrisonPlanet.tv. Retrieved 2013-01-19.
- "The Alex Jones Channel". YouTube. Retrieved 2013-01-19.
- "Infowars Viewer Count". January 18, 2013. Event occurs at 4:08. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- "Anger on the Fringes: Alex Jones, the Conspiracy King". Adl.org. Retrieved 2013-01-19.
- "New Blood Libel: Jews Accused of Harvesting Organs". Adl.org. Retrieved 2013-01-19.
- "The Joe Blow Conspiracy Show". YouTube. Retrieved 2013-01-19.
- Eric Hufschmid. "Alex Jones Summary". Erichufschmid.net. Retrieved 2013-01-19.
- anonymous. "Who is Violet Jones?". Erichufschmid.net. Retrieved 2013-01-19.
- "Is Alex Jones Linked To Zionist-Jew Bronfman?". Realzionistnews.com. 2009-07-16. Retrieved 2013-01-19.