The Amazing Adventures of the Living Corpse
|The Amazing Adventures of the Living Corpse|
|Directed by||Justin Paul Ritter|
|Produced by||Justin Paul Ritter
|Written by||Ryan Plato
Justin Paul Ritter
|Based on||The Living Corpse Exhumed
by Ken Haeser
|Music by||Daniel Iannantuono|
|Edited by||Justin Paul Ritter|
|Distributed by||Anchor Bay Entertainment|
|Running time||84 minutes|
The Amazing Adventures of the Living Corpse is a 2012 American animated 3D horror film directed by Justin Paul Ritter, written by Ritter and Ryan Plato, and starring Michael Villar as an intelligent zombie who seeks to protect his son. It is based on The Living Corpse Exhumed, a comic book by Ken Haeser and Buz Hasson.
As a zombie apocalypse begins, a group of zombies attack the residents in a house. When the family recognizes one of the zombies as a family member, the zombie is shocked back to his senses and decides to protect his family.
- Michael Villar as the Living Corpse
The Amazing Adventures of the Living Corpse premiered at the 2012 San Diego Comic Con. Four days later, it was picked up for distribution by Anchor Bay Entertainment. Director Ritter delayed the release of the film several times so that he could fix issues with it. It was released on home video on June 18, 2013.
Gordon Sullivan of DVD Verdict said, "For most viewers the story isn't coherent enough to justify the low-tech animation." Ryan Keefer of DVD Talk rated the film 2/5 stars and said, "The corpse's adventures are less amazing and more mundane." Todd Dugan of The Digital Bits rated it D- and said that he would not recommend it to either horror or animation fans.
- Moore, Debi (2012-07-05). "San Diego Comic-Con 2012: Watch the Premiere of The Amazing Adventures of the Living Corpse". Dread Central. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- McNary, Dave (2012-07-18). "Film unit acquires rights to toon after Comic-Con premiere". Variety. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- Volmers, Eric (2012-09-23). "Calgary International Film Festival: A living corpse helps spark the 3D revolution". Calgary Herald. Retrieved 2014-03-25.
- Barton, Steve (2013-04-25). "See The Amazing Adventures of the Living Corpse This June!". Dread Central. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- Sullivan, Gordon (2013-06-24). "The Amazing Adventures of the Living Corpse (Blu-ray)". DVD Verdict.
- Keefer, Ryan (2013-06-18). "Amazing Adventures of the Living Corpse (Blu-ray)". DVD Talk. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- Dugan, Todd (2013-06-18). "Amazing Adventures of the Living Corpse, The". The Digital Bits. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
|This article about a 2010s horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|