The Amazing Race Vietnam
|The Amazing Race Vietnam
Cuộc đua kỳ thú
|Created by||Elise Doganieri
Bertram van Munster
|Presented by||Dustin Nguyen (2012)
Huy Khanh (2013)
|Theme music composer||John M. Keane|
|Country of origin||Vietnam|
|Original channel||VTV3, VTV6|
|Original run||May 18, 2012 – present|
|Related shows||International versions|
The Amazing Race Vietnam: Cuộc đua kỳ thú is a Vietnamese reality game show based on the American TV series, The Amazing Race. It features teams of two in a race around Vietnam. The show premiered on May 18, 2012 and was aired regularly every Friday primetime on VTV3. For the first season, Dustin Nguyen hosted, executive-produced and directed the show. The second season was announced to be a "celebrity season" with Huy Khanh chosen to replace Dustin Nguyen.
The Amazing Race Vietnam is a reality television competition between teams of two in a race around Vietnam. The race is divided into a number of legs wherein teams travel and complete various tasks to obtain clues to help them progress to a Pit Stop where they are given a chance to rest and recover before starting the next leg. The first team to arrive at a Pit Stop is often awarded a prize while the last team is normally eliminated from the race (except in non-elimination legs). The final leg of each race is run by the last three remaining teams, and the first to arrive at the final destination wins VND 300,000,000.
Each team is composed of two individuals who have some type of relationship to each other.
Route Markers are orange and light green flags that mark the places where teams must go. Most Route Markers are attached to the boxes that contain clue envelopes, but some may mark the place where the teams must go in order to complete tasks, or may be used to line a course that the teams must follow.
Clues are found throughout the race in sealed envelopes, normally inside clue boxes. They give teams the information they need and tasks they need to do in order for them to progress through the race.
- Lộ trình (Route Info): A general clue that may include a task to be completed by the team before they can receive their next clue.
- Lựa chọn kép (Detour): A choice of two tasks. Teams are free to choose either task or swap tasks if they find one option too difficult.
- Vượt rào (Roadblock): A task only one team member can complete. Teams must choose which member will complete the task based on a brief clue about the task before fully revealing the details of the task.
- Nhảy cóc (Fast Forward): A task that only one team may complete, allowing that team to skip all remaining tasks and head directly for the next Pit Stop. Teams may only claim one Fast Forward during the entire race.
Teams may encounter the following that may affect their position during the race:
- Rào cản (U-Turn): It is where a team can force another trailing team to complete the other option of the Detour they did not select. Teams may only use their ability to u-turn another team once throughout the race.
At the beginning of each leg, teams receive an allowance of cash to cover expenses during the race.
Teams then have to follow clues and Route Markers that will lead them to the various destinations and tasks they will face. Modes of travel between these destinations include commercial and chartered airplanes, boats, trains, taxis, buses, and rented vehicles provided by the show, or the teams may simply travel by foot. Each leg ends with a twelve hour Pit Stop (Về đích) where teams are able to rest and where teams that arrive last are progressively eliminated from the race until only three remain.
- Thẻ Ưu Tiên (The Express Pass) was awarded to the winners of the first leg of the first season which allows that team to skip any task they want during the race.
A non-elimination leg is when the last team to arrive at the Pit Stop is not eliminated and is allowed to continue on the race. In the first season, two penalties were in use. In the first leg, teams were "Marked for Elimination"; if the team did not finish 1st on the next leg, they would receive a 30-minute penalty. In subsequent legs, teams received a penalty similar to being "marked for elimination". If they did not arrive first on the next leg, they were then forced to relinquish all of their money. In addition, they would not be allotted any money for the following leg and were not allowed to collect money until the leg started for them.
Rules and penalties
Most of the rules and penalties are adopted from the American edition.
|1||May 18 - August 10, 2012||13||Saettie Baggio
& Thành Phúc
|2||July 26 - October 18, 2013||12||Trần Thị Thu Hiền
& Diệp Lâm Anh
|9||Huy Khánh||Celebrity Edition
Introduce first international leg of Singapore
|3||June 21 - August 31, 2014||22||Hương Giang
& Criss Lai
- Bùi Tuyết (2013-04-18). "Khởi động Cuộc đua kỳ thú 2013 phiên bản người nổi tiếng | ANTĐ - Báo điện tử An Ninh Thủ Đô". Anninhthudo.vn. Retrieved 2013-06-06.
- "Huy Khánh dẫn dắt dàn sao Việt tham gia "Cuộc đua kỳ thú" | Thanh Niên Online". Thanhnien.com.vn. 2003-09-25. Retrieved 2013-06-06.