The Amazing Race Vietnam 2012
|The Amazing Race Vietnam
Cuộc đua kỳ thú 2012
|Season run||18 May 2012
– 10 August 2012
|Filming dates||6 April 2012
– 5 May 2012
|No. of episodes||13|
|Winning team||Saetti Baggio & Thành Phúc Nguyễn|
|Distance traveled||1,316.69 miles (2,119.01 km)|
|No. of legs||12|
|Chronology ► Season 2: Celebrity Edition|
The first season was directed and hosted by Dustin Nguyen. He also served as an executive producer.
Friends and actors Saettie Baggio & Thành Phúc were the winners of the first season of The Amazing Race Vietnam.
- 1 Production
- 2 Results
- 3 Prizes
- 4 Race summary
- 4.1 Leg 1 (Hanoi)
- 4.2 Leg 2 (Hanoi → Hòa Bình)
- 4.3 Leg 3 (Hòa Bình→ Ninh Bình)
- 4.4 Leg 4 (Ninh Bình)
- 4.5 Leg 5 (Ninh Bình → Da Nang)
- 4.6 Leg 6 (Da Nang → Quang Nam)
- 4.7 Leg 7 (Quảng Nam → Thừa Thiên–Huế)
- 4.8 Leg 8 (Thừa Thiên–Huế → Khánh Hòa)
- 4.9 Leg 9 (Khánh Hòa → Lâm Đồng)
- 4.10 Leg 10 (Lâm Đồng → Bình Thuận)
- 4.11 Leg 11 (Bình Thuận → Kiên Giang→ Ho Chi Minh City)
- 4.12 Leg 12 (Ho Chi Minh City → Đồng Nai → Binh Duong → Ho Chi Minh City)
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Development and filming
Filming was from 6 April 2012 to 5 May 2012.
Ten teams of two with pre-existing were chosen to join the race of about one month. Thirteen episodes were ordered with seven pit stops to eliminate teams. It was also reportedly announced that itf would be the first-time ever in Vietnamese television history a TV series would be broadcast in high definition.
Route Markers were coloured orange and light green, whereas in the original the colour scheme is yellow and red.
The show is sponsored by Sting Energy Drink.
The following teams participated in the Race, with their relationships at the time of filming. Note that this table is not necessarily reflective of all content broadcast on television due to inclusion or exclusion of some data. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Team||Relationship||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks|
|Baggio & Thành Phúc||Friends||6th||2nd||1st||3rd||1stƒ||6th||5th||3rd||1st||3rd8||3rd||1st||1st||Baggio 6, Thành Phúc 8|
|Minh Hoàng & Phương Thảo||Dating||7th||8th||6th||6th||3rd||4th||6th||1st||5th||4th8,9||1st||3rd||2nd||Minh Hoàng 8, Phương Thảo 7|
|Thành Chung & Thanh Bằng||Brothers||9th||7th||5th||5th||2nd||1st⊃||2nd||5th||3rd||2nd8||4th||2nd||3rd||Thành Chung 8, Thanh Bằng 7|
|Chí Bình & Hồng Long||Best Friends||2nd||4th||3rd||2nd||5th||3rd||4th||2nd6||4th||1st⊃||2nd||4th11||Chí Bình 6, Hồng Long 7|
|Tuấn Anh & Xuân Sơn||Cousins||4th||1st||9th||7th||7th5||7th⊂||1st||4th||2nd||5th⊂||Tuấn Anh 6, Xuân Sơn 5|
|Minh Châu & Trần Châu||Best Friends||5th||6th||4th||1st||4th||5th||3rd||6th||Minh Châu 4, Trần Châu 4|
|Gia Bình & Bảo Châu||Co-Workers||10th||9th2||7th||8th||6th||2nd||7th||Gia Bình 2, Bảo Châu 5|
|Thanh Tuấn & Mỹ Trâm||Married||3rd||3rd||2nd||4th||8th||Thanh Tuấn 2, Mỹ Trâm 3|
|Richie & Mimi||Dating||8th||10th||8th3||9th||Richie 2, Mimi 2|
|Thanh Thủy & Minh Thoa||Best Friends||1st||5th1||10thε||Thanh Thủy 1, Minh Thoa 14|
- A red team placement indicates that the team was eliminated.
- A blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg of the race and was "Marked for Elimination"; if the team did not finish 1st on the next leg, they would receive a 30-minute penalty.
- An italicized blue team placement indicates that the team was the last to arrive at a pit stop in a non-elimination leg of the race. If they did not arrive first on the next leg, they were then forced to relinquish all of their money. In addition, they would not be allotted any money for the following leg and were not allowed to collect money until the leg started for them.
- A purple ε indicates that the team decided to use the Express Pass on that Leg.
- A green ƒ indicates that the team won a Fast Forward clue.
- A brown ⊃ indicates that the team chose to use the U-Turn; ⊂ indicates the team who received it.
- Italicized results indicate the position of the team at the midpoint of a two-episode leg.
- ^ Thanh Thủy & Minh Thoa initially arrived 3rd, but were issued a 15-minute penalty for taking motorbikes instead of a taxi. During their penalty, 2 teams checked in, dropping them to 5th.
- ^ Gia Bình & Bảo Châu initially arrived 9th, but were issued a 30-minute penalty for being "marked for elimination" and not arriving 1st. This did not affect their placement.
- ^ Richie & Mimi were subject to various changes on the third leg of the race:
- They initially arrived 5th, but were issued a 30-minute penalty because Mimi took off her life vest before the boat landed, creating a safety hazard. During their penalty, three teams checked in, dropping them to 8th place.
- They were forced to give up all of their money because they did not arrive first on this leg. They also received no money on the following leg.
- ^ Thanh Thủy & Minh Thoa used the Express Pass to bypass the roadblock in leg 3. Neither of them were shown choosing to perform the Roadblock, so it is not counted towards their Roadblock count.
- ^ Tuấn Anh & Xuân Sơn initially arrived 6th, but were issued a 30-minute penalty for not paying the taxi fare. During their penalty, Gia Bình & Bảo Châu checked in, dropping them to 7th.
- ^ Chí Bình & Hồng Long initially arrived 1st, but were issued a 45-minute penalty for pulling up the net at Anh Tin Fish Raft. During their penalty, Phương Thảo & Minh Hoàng checked in, dropping them to 2nd.
- ^ Leg 9 and 12 had two Roadblocks and no Detour. The team member who sat out the first Roadblock was required to perform the second one.
- ^ Thành Chung & Thanh Bằng, Baggio & Thành Phúc, and Phương Thảo & Minh Hoàng arrived 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, respectively, but were issued a 30-minute penalty for not going in the correct direction in the Roadblock. This did not affect their placement.
- ^ Phương Thảo & Minh Hoàng initially arrived 4th, but were issued a 30-minute penalty for being "marked for elimination" and not arriving 1st. This did not affect their placement.
- ^ Leg 11 was double-length, with two Detours and two Roadblocks, shown over two episodes. The placements listed in the first column reflect the order teams arrived at the leg's halfway point.
- ^ Chí Bình & Hồng Long initially arrived 3rd, but were issued a 90-minute penalty for quitting the first task in Ho Chi Minh City. During their penalty, Phương Thảo & Minh Hoàng checked in, dropping them to last and eliminating them.
The prize for each leg is awarded to the first place team for that leg.
- Leg 1 - The Express Pass (Thẻ Ưu Tiên) - an item that can be used on the race to skip any one task of the team's choosing up until the 8th leg.
- Leg 5 - Two nights at Fusion Maia Resort, Đà Nẵng.
- Leg 8 - Two nights at Vinpearl Resort, Nha Trang.
- Leg 9 - Two nights at Saigon - Dalat Hotel, Đà Lạt.
- Leg 10 - Two nights at Novotel Hotel, Phan Thiết.
- Leg 11 - Two nights at Vinpearl Resort, Nha Trang.
- Leg 12 - 300,000,000₫
|Destinations||Air travel Rail travel Water travel Bus travel|
|Route Markers||Lựa chọn kép (Detour) Vượt rào (Roadblock) Nhảy cóc (Fast Forward) Rào cản (U-Turn) Về đích (Pit Stop)|
Leg 1 (Hanoi)
Airdate: 18 May 2012
- Hanoi, Vietnam (Mỹ Đình National Stadium) (Starting Line)
- Hanoi (Thanh Nien Street)
- Hanoi (Đồng Xuân Market and Old Quarter or Temple of Literature)
- Hanoi (National Museum of Vietnamese History)
In this Leg's Roadblock, one team member had to climb the steps to the roof of the My Dinh National Stadium and abseil down where they would receive their next clue. In this Leg's Detour, teams had to choose between Maze of Streets (Phố Giăng Mắc Cửi) or Beautiful Words (Bút Hoa Lưu Truyền). In Crowded Streets, teams had to travel to the Dong Xuan Market where they received a list of six daily objects: 2 reed mats, 2 masks, 1 pipe & 1 feather duster. After, teams needed to walk and locate three marked shops in the nearby Old Quarter that sold these objects with each shop selling different goods. After collecting all of the needed objects and delivering them back to the starting point, teams would receive their next clues. In Beautiful Words, teams had to travel to the Temple of Literature and engage in a traditional Vietnamese literal examination. Here, one team member had to listen to a poet reciting a poem with 4 sentences. Then, that team member would go back and tell his/her teammate the poem. This teammate would then write down the poem and show it to a calligraphist. If their poem was correct, the calligraphist would hand them their next clue. If their poem was wrong, team must wait until one incense had burnt out, which lasted about 5 minutes, to be able to re-do the task.
- Additional tasks
- At the starting line, teams had to search through 10 000 seats on the B stand of My Dinh National Stadium for their very first clues.
- After completing the Roadblock, teams had to search for the clue box placed somewhere on Thanh Nien Street.
Leg 2 (Hanoi → Hòa Bình)
Airdate: 25 May 2012
- Hanoi (My Dinh Bus Station) to Kim Bôi District, Hòa Bình City, Hòa Bình Province (Kim Bôi Bus Station)
- Vinh Dong (Dong Thech Ancient Cemetery)
- Hòa Bình City (Hòa Bình Dam)
- Binh Thanh (Giang Mo Village)
In this Leg's Roadblock, teams had to search the ground of Doch Thech Ancient Cemetery for 4 hidden numbers: 1, 2, 5, 8. Then, they had to use these numbers to form a combination to open a 4 combination lock. Each team had a different set of combination. In this Leg's Detour, teams had to choose between two type of activities that are familiar with Muong people: Farm Play (Nông Nhàn) or Farm Work (Nông Vụ). Both tasks had teams travel to Giang Mo Village. Here, whoever picked Farm Play would need to finish a stilt-walking course. Both of the team members needed to reach the finish line in order to receive their next clue. If any team members fell from the stilts, that person must walk the course again, from the beginning. For Farm Work, each team member had to plough, fertilize and plant one furrow of sugarcane and couldn't help each other. Upon satisfying a farmer, teams would receive their next clues.
- Additional tasks
- At Hòa Bình Hydroelectric Dam, teams were asked to obtain water by throwing a bucket down into Da River (or also known as Black River). After that, they needed to carry the water to the top of the dam. Whoever filled up 10 liters of water would be given the next clues.
Leg 3 (Hòa Bình→ Ninh Bình)
Airdate: 1 June 2012
- Hòa Bình (Kim Bôi Bus Station) to Ninh Bình City, Ninh Bình Province (Ninh Bình Bus Station)
- Ninh Bình (Qilin Mountain)
- Ninh Bình (Anh Luc's Goat Ranch or Grand Restaurant)
- Hoa Lư (Old Dock to Cây Bàng Marina)
- Hoa Lu (Thái Vi Temple)
In this Leg's Detour, teams engaged in two activities related to Ninh Binh's most famous products: goat for Play (Chơi) or cơm cháy for Eat (Ăn). In Play, teams traveled to Anh Luc's Goat Ranch. Here, one team member was blindfolded and had to follow verbal directions from the other team member to catch a goat in a mud enclosure. Each teams must catch only the goat wearing the same color as their blindfolded cloth. After successfully finishing the capture, teams could take off their blindfolds and herd the animal back to its pen. In Eat, teams traveled to Grand Restaurant in Tràng An Marina and had to eat 20 plates of cơm cháy each. In this Leg's Roadblock, one team member had to climb the stairs of Tam Quan Gate (at Cây Bàng Marina) and find a young monk, who would tell them to count the stairs' steps. During the counting, teams were also distracted by a loudspeaker introducing Trần Dynasty's history. If they came up with the correct answer (214), they would receive their next clues.
- Additional tasks
- At the Old Dock, teams had to paddle across the water to retrieve their next clues at Cây Bàng Marina.
Leg 4 (Ninh Bình)
Airdate: 8 June 2012
- Ninh Bình (Bái Đính Temple) to Cúc Phương National Park
- Cúc Phương National Park (Động Người Xưa / Cave of Prehistoric Man)
- Cúc Phương National Park
- Cúc Phương National Park (Central Resting Point)
In this Leg's Detour, teams had to choose between Thick Jungle (Rừng Rậm) or Thin Jungle (Rừng Thưa). In Thick Jungle, teams had to make their way to a marked jungle area. Here, they had to search through the density to find clues hidden among leaves, branches and vines. In Thin Jungle, one leg of each team members would be tied together. In this situation, they had to pass through a rope system without ringing any bells hanging on these strings. If a bell was rang, teams must re-do this task from the beginning. In this Leg's Roadblock, one team member had to crawl into a snake cage and retrieve a clue put under a python.
- Additional tasks
- Teams had to find a walking photographer keeping their clues within the entrance zone of Bái Đính Temple.
- Both team members had to ride a bicycle from Bái Đính Temple to Cave of Prehistoric Man, Cúc Phương National Park. The trip was approximately 57 km (35.4 miles) in length.
- Additional notes
- Teams traveled by bicycle from Bái Đính Temple to Cúc Phương National Park.
Leg 5 (Ninh Bình → Da Nang)
Airdate: 15 June 2012
- Ninh Bình (Ninh Bình Train Station) to Da Nang (Da Nang Train Station)
- Da Nang (Bà Nà Hills)
- Da Nang (Nguyen Hung Stone or Sandy Beach Resort)
- Da Nang (Da Nang Golf Club)
- Da Nang (Quan Thuong Be Thui)
- Da Nang (Fusion Maia Resort)
In the first fast forward of the series, teams were required to travel to My Khe Beach and convince any people they could find on the beach to have his/her head shaved. In this Leg's Detour teams had to choose between Fingerprint (Hoa Tay) or Palm (Lòng Tay). In Finger, Teams had to travel to Nguyen Hung Stone and attempt to make a living statue. One team member had to take off his/her clothes and pretend to be a stone figure while the other team member painted his/her partner's body with white paint, in which team could only use one finger to do so. In Palm, teams had to travel to Sandy Beach Resort. There, they had to dig in a marked sand area on the beach for a clue buried somewhere 1 metre below the sand, with only their bare hands. In this Leg's Roadblock, one team member had to carry a tray of Sting bottles to Quan Thuong Be Thui. Upon reaching this place, they needed to serve random customers with this soft drink in order to exchange for the Race's sticker. Then, they could trade it for their clues. If any teams ran out of Sting, they had to get back to the starting point and refill.
- Additional tasks
- Upon arriving at the Da Nang Train Station, teams were required to search for the clue at the train sculpture in front of the station.
- At Da Nang Golf Club, each team members picked a golf ball to randomly determine their roles as a golfer and a caddy. They could not change their roles during this challenge. The golfer had to successfully hit a ball into hole no. 16 within two strokes to receive the next clue. While the golfer playing, the caddy had to always carry a heavy golf bag. If, by any reasons, the golf bag was put onto the ground, the golfer had to pause from playing until the caddy pick it up again.
Leg 6 (Da Nang → Quang Nam)
Airdate: 22 June 2012
- Hội An, Quảng Nam Province (Thanh Hà pottery village)
- Hội An (Hội An Heritage Preserving Centre)
- Hội An (Yaly Sew Factory)
- Hội An (Streets)
- Hội An (Hội An Museum of Cultural History)
- Hội An (Old wooden boat on Hoai River)
In this Leg's Roadblock, team had to travel to the Yaly Sew Factory where each team member had to successfully sew a cushion's cover to a chief tailor's satisfaction. In this Leg's Detour, teams had to choose between Make a living (Trang Trải) or Solemn (Trang Trọng). In Make a living, teams had to use a movable bánh tiêu (a local snack food) vendor to sell these snack and earn 400,000 VND. In Awe-inspiring, teams had to figure out by themselves how to create the symbol of Hội An: a cloth lantern. If teams could impress a lantern-maker with their products, they would receive the next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At Thanh Hà pottery village, teams had to shape a medium-sized clay bowl by using a potter's kick wheel. Once a potter is happy with teams' attempts, they would be given the next clues.
- From Thanh Hà Pottery Park, teams had to transfer one bicycle and a big coracle to Hoi An's Heritage Preserving Centre. During this challenge, teams weren't allowed to ask for assistance from any bystanders or use any sorts of transportation excluding the bicycle they were provided.
Leg 7 (Quảng Nam → Thừa Thiên–Huế)
Airdate: 29 June 2012
- Da Nang (Da Nang Bus Station) to Huế, Thừa Thiên–Huế (Huế Bus Station)
- Huế (Thanh Toàn Tiled Bridge)
- Huế (Dạ Lê Thượng Shrine or Hương Thủy)
- Huế (Khải Định Tomb)
- Huế (Minh Mạng Tomb)
- Huế (Quoc Hoc Stone Tablet)
- Huế (Imperial City, Huế)
In the Detour, teams had to choose between The Beauty (Thân Ngọc Mình Ngà) and The Bold (Lưng Dài Vai Rộng). In The Beauty, teams had to make 400 sticks of incense at Dạ Lê Thượng Shrine. In The Bold, teams had to travel to Hương Thủy village, where they would have to run through a muddy course without being forced out of the boundary by six professional wrestlers. Teams were allowed to tackle the wrestlers but not to injure them by any means. Only one team could attempt this task at a time. If a team member were forced out of the boundary, both of them had to redo from the beginning. In the Roadblock at Minh Mạng Tomb, one team member had to memorize both of the reign times and the faces of seven kings from the Nguyễn Dynasty. Then they needed to pick up 20 wooden tablets indicating four different time durations: 1, 2, 5 and 10 years. After that, they had to bring these tablets to the inner area of the temple and placed the times correspondingly to each of the seven kings. If the calculation was correct, teams would receive their next clues. If not, they had to travel back to the front of the temple and collect a new set of wooden tablets.
- Upon arriving at Huế City, teams needed to travel to Thanh Toàn Tiled Bridge and find Madame Trần Thị Dìu, a famous fortune teller, and ask for their clues.
- At Tomb of Khải Định, teams had to complete a sliding puzzle.
- After finishing the sliding puzzle task, teams were required to wear a traditional costume and continue to wear it for the remainder of the leg. They also received a hint saying, "Result is Destination". It is up to teams to discover that their next destination was actually the image on their puzzle sets.
- At Quoc Hoc Stone Tablet, teams had to pick a cyclo and ride to the Imperial City.
Leg 8 (Thừa Thiên–Huế → Khánh Hòa)
Airdate: 6 July 2012
- Huế (Huế Bus Station) to Nha Trang, Khánh Hòa (Nha Trang Bus Station)
- Nha Trang (City Cultural House)
- Nha Trang (Sheraton Hotel)
- Vũng Ngán (Anh Tín Fish Raft)
- Nha Trang (Cầu khỉ)
- Nha Trang (Po Nagar)
For this leg's Detour, teams needed to walk on foot to Sheraton Hotel and engaged in either Soft (Mềm) or Tough (Dai) here. In Soft, teams were requested to make a bed accordingly to Sheraton's standard. Teams were given only one bed to examine as a sample. In Tough, teams needed to make 16 bowls of noodle from dough. If their noodles could satisfy a chef, he would handle them their next clues. For this leg's Roadblock, one team member must walk on a cầu khỉ (monkey bridge) to reach a hanging clue at the other end.
- The clue at the City Cultural House said that both Detours would be taken place in a hotel that has the highest bar in town. Teams needed to find out that location is the Sheraton Hotel.
- After the Detour, teams took a speed boat to Anh Tín Fish Raft. Here, they must only use a provided net to catch 3 fishes. Then, teams needed to transfer these fishes in a spongy box to a nearby shore while swimming. After this, teams rode a kayak to a marked area. Subsequently, they needed to dive into the water to untie a clue hidden in a coral reef.
Leg 9 (Khánh Hòa → Lâm Đồng)
Airdate: 13 July 2012
- Nha Trang (Nha Trang Bus Station) to Da Lat, Lâm Đồng Province (Phuong Trang Bus Station)
- Da Lat (Bao Dai 3rd Palace)
- Da Lat (Datanla Falls)
- Da Lat (Xuan Huong Lake)
- Da Lat (Mount Langbiang)
- Da Lat (Da Lat Marketplace)
- Da Lat (Lâm Đồng Sponsoring Centre)
- Da Lat (Da Lat Cable Car Station)
In this leg's first Roadblock, a team member needed to slide down a stream, abseil down a water fall and retrieve a clue hanging in the middle of the place, jump down a rock cliff, then found his way back to his teammate. In the leg's second Roadblock, the other team member had to dress up as K'Ho people and ride a horse to a pole holding a bag of arrows. After that, he/she needed to ride the horse to an archer's yard and use a crossbow to shoot one arrow into a bull's eye. If missed, that team member must ride the horse back to take more arrows.
- The first clue required teams to travel to the Summer Palace. It's up to teams to find out that the Summer Palace is another name of Bao Dai 3rd Palace in Da Lat.
- At Bao Dai 3rd Palace, teams must arrange a flower vase as close to the sample that was given to them. Teams also must collect different types of flowers from several girls scattered around the Palace. The number of flowers must be the same with teams' samples.
- At Da Lat Marketplace, teams were given 500,000 VND ($25) to buy some items with a correct quantity. The given money was less than the real price, so teams had to hustle their bargain talent. After buying all of the necessary goods, teams must deliver all of them to Lam Dong Sponsoring Centre on a tandem bicycle.
Leg 10 (Lâm Đồng → Bình Thuận)
Airdate: 20 July 2012
- Phan Thiết, Bình Thuận (Yen Gia Restaurant)
- Phu Hai, Phan Thiết (Fish sauce of Phan Thiết JSC)
- Ham Tien, Phan Thiết (VidoTour Travel Company)
- Mũi Né, Phan Thiết (Trước Beach Fishing Village)
- Mũi Né, Phan Thiết (Mui Ne Beach or Home of Dia)
- Mũi Né, Phan Thiết (White Lake)
- La Gi (Lở Ravine)
In the Detour, teams had to choose between Blue Sea (Biển Xanh) and Red Stream (Suối Đỏ). In Blue Sea, teams travelled to Mui Ne Beach and had to paddle out to sea in round basket boats and retrieve one of five keys hidden inside 500 ml of bottles of Sting. In Red Stream, teams travelled to the house of Dia and had to load 100 coconuts onto a cattle-drawn carriage and deliver them to the Fairy Stream (Suối Tiên) without dropping any to receive their next clue. In the Roadblock, one team member must ride a dune buggy across the nearby sand dunes and follow a marked course, searching for their next clue in one of twenty pots in the sand.
- Additional tasks
- The clue teams received at the Fish sauce of Phan Thiet JSC was written entirely in Russian.
- At VidoTour Travel Company's branch officce, teams had to look for someone named Chi. She would give them their next clue, instructing them to remove all four tires on a jeep and inflate them before being driven to their next location.
- At Trước Beach, teams had to search for their next clue, hidden in a basket on a boat.
Leg 11 (Bình Thuận → Kiên Giang→ Ho Chi Minh City)
Airdate: 27 July 2012 and 3 August 2012
- Phan Thiết (Phan Thiết Bus Station) to Ho Chi Minh City (Mien Dong Bus Station)
- Ho Chi Minh City (Tan Son Nhat International Airport) to Phú Quốc, Kiên Giang (Phu Quoc International Airport)
- Phú Quốc (Lien Au Restaurant)
- Phú Quốc (Phú Quốc Pearl Oyster Farm)
- Phú Quốc (Pepper farm or Phú Quốc Ice Factory)
- Phú Quốc (Phu Quoc Prison)
- Phú Quốc (Phú Quốc Beach)
- Phú Quốc (Chez Carole Resort)
- Phú Quốc (Phú Quốc ferry terminal) to Rạch Giá (Rạch Giá ferry terminal)
- Rạch Giá (Rạch Giá Bus Station) to Ho Chi Minh City (Mien Tay Bus Station)
- Ho Chi Minh City (District 4 Sports and Gymnastics Center)
- Ho Chi Minh City (Martial Arts Training Center or Ho Chi Minh University of Film and Theater)
- Ho Chi Minh City (23/9 Park Circus)
- Ho Chi Minh City, Phú Mỹ Hưng (Starlight Bridge)
In the leg's first Detour, teams had to choose between Hot (Nóng) or Cold (Lạnh). In Hot, teams had to travel to a pepper farm, where they had to separate all of the fresh pepper seeds from a pile of dried pepper seeds. In Cold, teams traveled to an Ice Factory (Phân Xưởng Nước Đá) where they would find their next clue frozen in a block of ice. They had to use only an ice cream scoop to hack away at the ice to get their clue. In the first Roadblock, one team member had to guide a key through a rope maze. After extracting the key, they had to pull on a rope to pull a heavy wooden crate out of the sea and use the key to unlock it. Inside, they would find three photographs. They would finally have to search the beach for three parts of a map, which identified the location of the Chez Carole Resort.
In the second Detour, teams had to choose between Eyes (Mát Mắt) and Ears (Mát Tai). In Eyes, teams traveled to the Martial Arts Training Center, where they had to learn a series of Martial Arts moves. They then had to perform these moves to the satisfaction of a master to receive their clue. In Ears, teams traveled to the University of Film and Theater where they had to learn and perform the Cải lương play Lan and Diep. If they could perform their lines correctly, they would receive their next clue. In the Roadblock, one team member had to perform three circus acts including balancing on a balancing board for three minutes, spinning three hula hoops without dropping any for another three minutes and successfully performing a flying trapeze to receive their next clue. These tasks could be completed in any order.
- Additional tasks
- At Lien Au Restaurant, teams must chase and catch a wild boar piglet with a bandana around its neck, which they could exchange for their next clue.
- At the Oyster Pearl Farm, teams must use tools to implant 10 pearls into 10 oysters. If they insert their tools into the oyster improperly or kill an oyster, they will receive a 5 minutes penalty for each error before getting their next clue.
- At the Phú Quốc Prison, one team member had to answer a quiz with 10 questions. The other team member then had to enter the prison and search for these 10 questions hidden around the prison, also answering them and trying to match their partner's answers. Every time the second team member answered a question wrong, a large coconut would be added to the baskets the first team member was carrying. That team member had to withstand the weight of these coconuts and carry them through a thin path surrounded by barbed wire until their partner answered all questions correctly. A 2-hour penalty would be applied if teams couldn't bear the weight any more. After the penalty, they would have to continue with the task, but could start again with empty baskets.
- At the Sports and Gymnastics Center, teams traveled to the swimming pool, where one team member entered an underwater cage with little breathing space. The other team member then needed to solve five extremely complex math problems without using paper or a calculator. They would then have to swim 50m across the pool and use the five answers they came up with to unlock the cage's padlock. Finally, both team members then had to place 11 flags on a large map of Vietnam, representing the 11 locations they visited.
Leg 12 (Ho Chi Minh City → Đồng Nai → Binh Duong → Ho Chi Minh City)
Airdate: 10 August 2012
- Ho Chi Minh City (Canh Vien Park)
- Biên Hòa, Đồng Nai (AMATA Industrial Zone, PepsiCo Factory)
- Dĩ An, Bình Dương (Hung Dao Container Area)
- Ho Chi Minh City (Ong Cay Bridge)
In the first Roadblock of this leg, one team member had to climb up to the top of a stack of large shipping container and then balance across a thin metal beam to the top of another stack to get their next clue. In the second Roadblock, the remaining team member had to perform a two-minute action hero stunt perfectly. They had to outrun two men on motorcycles and use a stunt trampoline to climb over a shipping container. They then had to climb a rope ladder to a container suspended above the ground, where they would have to engage in a stunt fight. Finally, they would have to jump through a fake wall and fall onto a cushion to complete the challenge.
- Additional tasks
- At Canh Vien Park, teams had to learn perform a series of breakdance moves.
- At the PepsiCo Factory, teams had to arrange 286 boxes of Sting Energy Drink into a 6-layer pyramid to receive their next clue.
- "Dustin Nguyễn làm MC 'Cuộc đua Kỳ thú': Tin, Video clip, Hình ảnh Ngôi Sao". Ngoisao.net. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- "“Cuộc đua kỳ thú 2012” diễn ra tại Phan Thiết - Tin Du Lịch". Tindulich.vn. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- "Amazing Race - Điều lệ". Cuocduakythu.vtv.vn. 2012-03-23. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- "Tối nay, 10 ca sĩ được đề cử giải HTV Awards “lộ diện” - và các bài viết liên quan". Tinmoi.vn. 2012-03-23. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- "Lộ diện 10 đội chơi "The Amazing Race Vietnam - Cuộc đua kỳ thú 2012" - 5/10/2012 - VTV". Baomoi.com. 2012-02-22. Retrieved 2012-10-08.