The Amazing Spiez!
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2008)|
|The Amazing Spiez|
|Created by||David Michel
|Written by||Stephaine Berry|
|Directed by||Stephaine Berry|
|Voices of||Andrew Sebastion(Lee)
Adrian Truss(Jerry Lewis)
|Country of origin|| France
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||52 (List of episodes)|
|Running time||About 22 minutes|
Marathon Media Group
|Original run||March 15, 2009 – May 25, 2012|
|Related shows||Totally Spies|
The Amazing Spiez! (French: SpieZ! Nouvelle Génération) is an French/Canadian animated television series produced by the French company Marathon. It is a spinoff of Totally Spies!. The show was first broadcast on Disney Channel Asia on March 15, 2009. The series premiered on Cartoon Network in the USA on April 26, 2010 at 8:30am(ET). After running 10 episodes the series moved to 5:00pm(ET). For season 2 premieres were moved to 8:30am(ET). It was broadcast originally on Teletoon in Canada Since September 2010.
This series employs a comic style, different from its predecessor, Totally Spies!, which uses American "anime" style. However, it still uses over-expressive faces and scenes like Totally Spies!. The style of 'WOOHPING' the spiez is no different than in Totally Spies. The location of the Clark house is not specified.
- Lee Clark: Lee is the oldest at 13 and considered the strongest one. He is very athletic and the most powerful spy in the group. While his two brothers share funny and immature traits, Lee is part big brother/part father figure. Nothing is more important than his siblings that he would do anything to protect them. His spy suit and his MPCom are red. He is also the jet pilot and has claustrophobia. In addition, he has a habit of going crazy over girls, which is similar to Clover's boy craziness. In his normal appearance, Lee has auburn colored hair that seems to be in the style of a flat top. He has pale blue (sometimes grey) eyes, wears a red short sleeved shirt with a white "W" on it, burgundy colored pants, red shoes, and a red and white wrist band. He is currently working at Siber Smoothie. Lee is in the 8th grade. He is voiced by Andrew Sabiston.
- Marc Clark: Marc is the smartest one in the group at 12 - and WOOHP, as proven in episode WOOCSI-, much like Sam, His intelligence is sometimes considered freaky by his siblings. He calls himself the 'Family Geek'. He has the knowledge of every single subject known to man, but -like most geeks- cannot get a date. He likes to fiddle around with the gadgets and change their functions. His spy suit and his MPCom are blue. Sometimes he switches places with Lee or Megan as the jet pilot. It is revealed he has sea sickness and that he had a fear of heights and clowns. He and Megan get along very well. In most episodes they are seen with an arm or an elbow around each other. In his normal appearance, Marc has short light brown hair in the normal style that a 12 year old boy would have. He has hazel eyes and wears a blue hoodie with white sleeves, cargo pants, and blue shoes. He and Lee are the only two siblings that look like their mom - with the hair and skin tone. Marc is voiced by Peter Cugno.
- Megan Clark: Megan is an optimistic and high energy 12 year old girl. She always hangs out with her brothers. She usually cracks up at jokes that are not funny at all. She often puns but always notes that her puns are not intended. She is often reminded by her brothers that she is 'just a girl', but this pushes her to be even more competitive. Her spy suit and MPCom are pink. She sometimes switches places with Lee as the jet pilot. Megan is almost the spitting image of Alex from the original series, Totally Spies! .She is in the seventh grade like Marc. Growing up with 3 brothers made her more of a tomboy. In her normal appearance, Megan has black hair that's swept up in the backside (almost like Alex's). She has green eyes and wears a pink hoodie that comes down to the middle of her stomach, a pink skirt with white leggings, and pink shoes with fuchsia pink pom-poms on them. Her dark skin is probably from her aunt Trudy who is seen with a dark complexion and hair color from her father. On TV, she wears pink, and on the Internet (such as YouTube) she wears purple. Megan is the second oldest, She is voiced by Alyson Court.
- Tony Clark: Tony is the youngest sibling of the Clark family at 11. Tony is a nonsense go-getter and very hyperactive boy. He is impatient and relies too much on intuition, and he doesn't like 'thinking', which sometimes leads the spies into deep trouble. His spy suit and MPCom are yellow and the Freezdiscs seem to be his favorite gadget. He shares a room with Marc. In his normal appearance, Tony, like Megan, has black hair that is swept up one way and down the other and also has green eyes. He wears a yellow long sleeve shirt under a blue jacket, blue pants, yellow shoes, and a grey belt. He and Megan are the only ones to look like Alex from Totally Spies! and to look like their dad - skin tone and hair style. He is in the 6th grade. He is voiced by Julie Lemieux.
- Jerry Lewis: Jerry is the founder and administrator of W.O.O.H.P., the World Organization Of Human Protection. He is a middle-aged, and very serious British gentleman. He briefs the Spiez on their missions, distributes their gadgets, and provides mission support with information or direct involvement. He is often the butt of jokes when it comes to his absence of a full head of hair and his age. His role has changed a bit since the retirement of Sam, Alex and Clover at the end of the Totally Spies! series, and is voiced by Adrian Truss.
- Tami: Tami is a popular 13 year old girl in the Spiez' school. She's a rival to Megan. Sometimes she's a bit annoying and Megan hates her for being spoiled and snobby all the time. She has also seen Megan in full spy gear, but then her memory was erased by WOOHP. She is somewhat like Mandy from Totally Spies!. She is the only character that wears more than one outfit in the whole show, aside from Megan in some episodes. In "Operation: Evil Paparazzi", Tami is shown to have a crush on Lee, but the feelings are not returned. She is voiced by Stephanie "Sugar Lyn" Beard.
- Cal Clark: The husband of Karen and the father of the Spiez. He is a former OOPSIE agent who beat Alpha and Omega (episode 22-24) with his partner and now wife, Karen. He has no idea his children are WOOHP agents. He owns a sports store and has a very healthy way of life. As the head of the Clark family, Cal wishes to instill his kids to follow a certain kind of discipline. He is voiced by Dan Petronijevic.
- Karen Clark: The wife of Cal, the younger sister of Aunt Trudy, and the mother of the Spiez. Karen is a former OOPSIE agent who, like her husband, has no idea her children are WOOHP agents. She is now a real estate agent, voiced by Liz Ramos.
- Sam, Clover, and Alex: They were the original spies from Totally Spies!. They have made some cameo appearances, and are sometimes referenced by Jerry, villains, computers and other things throughout the series.
Totally Spies! The TV Movie
Plot of the movie
An asteroid from outer space hits a space pod containing a supervillain, Alpha, in a cryogenic sleep and lands on Earth. Planning to get revenge on Cal and Karen Clark, former OOPSIE agents who defeated him and his brother. With his twin brother, Omega, they plan to get revenge by creating clones of Cal and Karen as to create chaos all around the world and framing the two for the crimes (Omega and Alpha are also known as the Chaos Twins). The Spiez were captured twice and have been sent up to space, but managed to get out of it. They needed help from their parents, whom they were reprogrammed to forget all their spy missions. But WOOHP helped them recover their memories and the Clark family saved the world.
Also, in the movie, Tami becomes their best friend after they save her and her jacket.
Note: The movie is actually a three part episode (episodes 23-25), titled "Operation Twins of Trouble" and is where season 2 kicks off from almost a year later for the Clark family.
Continuity from Totally Spies!
- Sam, Alex, Clover, Britney, Blaine, and Dean all return as cameo characters.
- Enough of the villains from Totally Spies! (particularly the fifth season) appear to suggest that the show runs concurrent with the fifth season of its predecessor.
- Like the show Totally Spies! before their movie, the four Clark children's reasons for joining WOOHP have not been revealed yet.
- http://theamazingspiez.com/ (English)
- Official website (French)
- SpieZ! Nouvelle Génération at TF1.fr
- The Amazing Spiez! at Disney Channel Asia
- The Amazing Spiez! at the Internet Movie Database