The Amazing World of Gumball
|The Amazing World of Gumball|
|Format||2D computer graphics
3D computer graphics
|Created by||Ben Bocquelet|
|Written by||Ben Bocquelet
David Cadji Newbi
|Directed by||Mic Graves|
|Voices of||Logan Grove
Kyla Rae Kowalewski
|Country of origin||United Kingdom
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||58 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Ben Bocquelet
|Running time||11 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Cartoon Network Development Studio Europe|
|Original channel||Cartoon Network|
|Original run||May 3, 2011– present|
The Amazing World of Gumball (sometimes referred to simply as Gumball) is a British-American animated television series created by Ben Bocquelet and produced by Cartoon Network Development Studio Europe. It first aired in the United Kingdom on May 2, 2011, on Cartoon Network as a sneak preview and officially premiered on September 5, 2011. In the United States, a sneak peek aired on Cartoon Network on May 3, 2011, and premiered in full on May 9. The show program is rated TV-Y7-FV.
When Cartoon Network Development Studio Europe was created in 2007, Ben Bocquelet was hired in order to help people pitch their projects to the network. However, when the studio decided to have its employees all pitch their own ideas, he decided to take some of the rejected characters he had created for commercials and put them all in one series, with a school setting. Daniel Lennard, the Vice President of Original Series and Development at Turner Broadcasting UK, liked the idea and the series was ultimately greenlit. There were twenty half-hours worth of episodes written for the first season, but only eighteen were actually created. Season 1 began on May 2, 2011, and ended on March 13, 2012 (ended in January in other countries). A second season was announced on March 17, 2011, and consisted of an additional twenty half-hours worth of episodes, bringing the total to thirty-eight. Season 2 began on August 7, 2012. On October 5, 2012, a third season consisting of 20 episodes (40 segments) was announced. It will bring the episode total to 58 (116 segments) and will premiere in late 2013.
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012)|
The following is a list of characters in the TV series The Amazing World of Gumball which airs on Cartoon Network in the US and UK.
The Watterson family 
- Gumball Watterson (voiced by Logan Grove) - A 12-year-old sixth grade blue cat, and a big troublemaker, repeatedly doing idiotic things but never learning his lesson. He is also often victim of circumstance. He has a massive crush on Penny, who also has a massive crush on him. If anyone steals Penny away from him, he turns green & his voice then sounds like The Cryptkeeper from Tales from the Crypt as a result of Jealousy possessing him. Despite his rambunctious behavior, he can be loyal, serious and often kind-hearted. In the episode "The Club", Gumball's middle name is revealed to be "Tristopher" although Nicole planned for it to be "Christopher".
- Darwin Watterson (voiced by Kwesi Boakye) - A goldfish who is Gumball's best friend; they maintain a brotherly relationship. Although his best friend can sometimes be a negative influence on him, he is extremely loyal to Gumball and is smart at times. He often helps Gumball out of any sticky situation. Darwin used to be the family pet goldfish until he was exposed to radiation and some of his DNA was genetically mutated, causing him to sprout legs, grow a bigger brain, and grow lungs, and learned how to speak English, subsequently becoming a member of the Watterson family. Due to his sudden introduction into the world, his world view is somewhat skewed and he tends to be more naïve than other characters. His name derives from Charles Darwin and his theory of evolution. In the Flower, like Gumball, his voice also like the Crypt Keeper when Jealousy possessed him. Darwin kisses Carrie in the Halloween special when he turned into a ghost. This may be because he possibly has a crush on her.
- Anais Watterson (voiced by Kyla Rae Kowalewski) - A light pink rabbit who is Gumball and Darwins' little sister. Anais is a prodigy, often being called a genius and attending Elmore Junior High as such, but no one ever really listens to her because she's only four. Gumball resents the fact that she is always telling him what to do, but deep down, he actually loves her and knows she is always right. Although impatient with her brother, she often tags along with him on his misadventures as a voice of reason, usually having to help Gumball out of situations caused by these misadventures, but has been shown to not be above manipulating her family to get what she wants. Her favorite show is Daisy the Donkey.
- Nicole Watterson (voiced by Teresa Gallagher) - A blue cat who is the mother of Gumball and Anais. Being as she is a workaholic, she works long hours at the rainbow factory and cleaning the house, and is the only responsible member of the family. She has a short temper and can get really mad, and is also competitive by nature. She often acts like a guide when Gumball and Darwin get in a tough spot with their misadventures. She often gets over-stressed, and possesses a strong dislike of Gumball's teacher Miss Simian because Miss Simian was mean to her in her school days always referring to her as a loser.
- Richard Watterson (voiced by Dan Russell) - A massive rabbit who usually just spends all of his time sleeping, playing video games and occasionally not even bothering to get dressed. He has a large appetite and is a voracious eater. He often serves as a third-wheel to his sons' misadventures and cares for his family very much. Richard has yielded the title of "the laziest person in Elmore" ever since the summer of 1983. Richard seems to be a stay-at-home dad who does not appear to have any degree of responsibility, although he temporarily had a pizza delivery job in "The Job". It has also been proven in this episode that Richard is not meant to be employed and the fabric of the universe would be torn apart as a result.
- Josephine "Granny Jojo" Watterson (voiced by Sandra Searles Dickinson) - The grandmother of Gumball, Darwin, and Anais, and the mother of Richard. Gumball has a strong fear of her due to his fear of getting kissed by her on the lips. She does not respect her grandchildren and calls Darwin "walking fish" and Gumball "the blue one." She told Anais to carry her heavy bags up to her room, which took her one day to accomplish. A flashback shows that even during Richard's childhood, she has maintained an elderly appearance.
Elmore Middle students 
- Penny Fitzgerald (voiced by Jessica McDonald) - A living peanut with antlers who is Gumball's crush, but does not think less of him for it, considering she feels the same way for him. Penny is also Tobias' crush, but she does not return his feelings at all. Penny likes cheer leading and hanging out with Gumball and Darwin. Penny mostly hangs out with the girls at Molly's treehouse, in which Penny is one of the members. Gumball tries to impress Penny or go on a date with her throughout the series, but it never goes the way he plans, although they have come close to kissing in 2 episodes. In Season 2, Penny gets more of a peanut-shaped redesign. In the Episode, "The Knight" Gumball saves Penny's life from a car accident, it will be seen without her peanut shell in season 3 "The Shell".
- Banana Joe (voiced by Rupert Degas) - A hyperactive banana who is the class clown of Elmore Junior High. He is always cracking jokes about whatever he can, whenever he can, without realizing that the joke is usually on him. Joe is quite restless and dim-witted, which usually leads to him getting hurt in some heinous way. Joe is mostly seen hanging out with Tobias, and the two sometimes hang out with Gumball and Darwin. Banana Joe is prone to becoming sliced or smashed, since he is a banana, although he goes back to his regular self and shape afterwards. In Season 1, he had a tendency to take off his "skin" to flaunt, but, had dimmed down a bit on this in Season 2, showing a more "down-to-earth" nature. He seems to dislike girls, driving his friends to make a "Pals Before Gals" vow at one point.
- Carrie (voiced by Jessica McDonald) - An emo ghost who is quite depressed in her afterlife. Carrie feels this way because the only feelings she has left are pain and hunger, the latter caused by her inability to eat. Carrie is translucent, like most ghosts, and has a stereoscopic outline, which makes her appear to be 3D. She also has the ability to possess people and control their bodies; she once did this to Gumball in order to go on an eating rampage.
- Bobert (voiced by Kerry Shale) - A robot who is one of the most unpopular students at Elmore Junior High. Bobert is very eccentric when it comes to a social life, and depends on others for help with that. Bobert also has big dreams of one day becoming a real boy. Bobert has no emotion, talks in a deadpan, somewhat monotone way, and has the ability to transform into a huge and dangerous robot by pressing a button triggering his defense mode. Bobert can also get his memory erased by pushing a button on the side of his head.
- Tina Rex (voiced by Dan Russell) - A Tyrannosaurus who is Gumball and Darwin's worst enemy at school and lives at the city's junkyard. Although Tina is female, her voice is deep as if she were a male. She gets angry all the time, which is the main reason why she leaves a trail of carnage wherever she goes. Since Tina is a dinosaur, she is the strongest person in school, making her intimidating to others. It is revealed in "The Party" that Tina may have a crush on Hector, the only student who seems to be bigger than her. Although Tina is classified as a "brute" by many of her fellow students, she also has a soft side not only in general, but also for Gumball. Alternate evidence of this is how she is afraid of Nicole and how she considers Gumball to be her friend in "The Fight".
- Tobias (voiced by Rupert Degas) - A fluffy multi-coloured boy who is Banana Joe's best friend. Tobias is obsessed with sports and winning, and is used to getting whatever he wants, considering that his parents are wealthy. Tobias considers himself to be a jock, although he is actually quite puny. Tobias and Gumball are considered "frenemies" after Darwin gave Tobias ten dollars if he became friends with him. He has an unrequited crush on Penny. Later Darwin and Tobias are considered "frenemies" after Darwin was very annoyed at Tobias for doing the same pose for every picture he posted.
- Masami (voiced by Jessica McDonald) - A cloud creature who is spoiled rotten by her parents. Masami is used to getting whatever she wants, and takes it for granted. Masami usually resorts to lying to impress her friends or get what she wants. For instance, on one occasion she pretended to be Darwin's girlfriend in order to impress the other girls. Also, her dad is the boss of the rainbow factory where Gumball's mother works. Masami can also vomit rainbows when nauseous.
- Teri (voiced by Jessica McDonald) - A paper bear who is a hypochondriac, in constant fear of being sick or getting damaged. Because of this she can usually be found in the nurse's office. Although being a bit of a germ-phobic and a bit paranoid, she is very nice and is one of the school's cheerleaders. In the Early Reel she was a male and apparently was thrown out of the girl's bathroom as part of Gumball and Darwin's Rube Goldberg machine however her gender turned into a female for unknown reasons.
- Molly Collins (voiced by Jessica McDonald) - A shy sauropod who is known for being the owner of a treehouse where she and the other girls usually hang out. She seems to be a bit lonely and likes watching the boys. Like the other girls, Molly lyed about having a boyfriend to impress her friends. Molly is one of the cheerleaders.
- Carmen (voiced by Jessica McDonald) - A cactus with a tomboyish voice who is considered to be a leader among the girls. Carmen likes cheerleading and hanging out with Penny and Teri. She is very smart and takes her education very seriously. She is in love with Alan the balloon, but the danger of her spikes bursting him gets in the way.
- Rachel (voiced by Jessica McDonald) - Tobias' older sister who, like him, has multi-coloured rainbow-like hair. She considers herself of higher status than Tobias and the "dweeb loser baby friends" he hangs out with. She also has a fierce temper, usually directed at her brother. However, it is revealed that she has a soft side when Darwin offers to help clean up a mess Tobias and his friends make at a party she throws and she is moved by his sensitivity and ends up kissing him on the cheek.
- Leslie (voiced by Kerry Shale) - A pink daisy who is gentle and friendly. He is very effeminate and can usually be found hanging around the girls. Surprisingly, Leslie is actually a male character, not female as would probably be assumed. Leslie plays the flute in the school band, and like all plants, he dries up if he does not get any water for a long period of time. In "The Flower," it is revealed that Leslie is Penny's cousin and not her boyfriend as Gumball assumed.
- Alan (voiced by Rupert Degas) - A turquoise balloon who goes to Elmore Junior High. Since he is a balloon, Alan has no hands, which is a constant frustration of his. He is in love with Carmen the cactus, but the danger of her spikes bursting him gets in the way of their relationship. He speaks in a high and squeaky voice, likely because he is filled up with helium, though he has spoken without helium one time.
- Juke - A boombox-headed kid that moved from another country to Elmore. He speaks in beatbox and like Ocho, his noises are also incomprehensible to other classmates and teachers and it is hard to understand what he is saying.
- Anton (voiced by Lewis MacLeod) - A simple-minded piece of toast who was drafted into Tina's gang by force. Despite him being connected to the school bullies, Anton is relatively nice, if not a little dim-witted. Like Banana Joe and Idaho, Anton is often eaten or crushed, but he always returns to normal afterwards.
- Idaho (voiced by Rupert Degas) - A country potato with old-fashioned beliefs. He seems to be quite simple-minded, and is one of the less popular students of Elmore Junior High. Like Banana Joe and Anton, Idaho is usually seen being injured in some fashion.
- Sussie (performed & voiced by Aurelie Charbonnir) - An upside-down chin with googly eyes and puppet-like characteristics. Sussie is very odd and obnoxious, but isn't shunned for it, considering she hangs out with the cheerleaders. Sussie is a big, sloppy eater, which grosses nearby people taking notice out.
- Jamie (voiced by Jessica McDonald) - A hybrid creature with horns and a tufted tail who is Tina Rex's best friend. As a result of Miss Simian holding her back a year, she has grown resentful of her new classmates and of authority in general. She loves picking on other kids and making their lives generally awful. According to the musical segment "What He Thinks about Us" from the episode "The Words," Darwin reveals that Jamie is half cow and half troglodyte.
- Clayton (voiced by Rupert Degas) - A red ball of clay that is one of Miss Simian's students in Elmore Junior High. He sits around telling stories about himself, which are never true. In the episode "The Skull", Clayton becomes an on and off friendship with Gumball and Darwin. He can also transform into different people and objects. At the end of the episode, he tells the principle the truth for the first time.
- Ocho (voiced by Hugo Harrison) - An 8-Bit spider who only speaks in blips and bleeps. His noises are incomprehensible to the other students, but he is nice as long as he is not angered. In season 1, Ocho spoke in blips and bleeps, but later in season 2 he does speak in real words, although he still makes blip and bleep noises sometimes. His mother takes the appearance of a Space Invader-esque enemy.
- The Eggheads (voiced by Rupert Degas and Lewis MacLeod) - A duo of nerdy eggs who are two of the most intelligent students at Elmore Junior High. They speak in an English accent, and consider themselves to be much smarter than their classmates. The Eggheads are not very popular students, and as such they hardly have any friends other than themselves, Ocho, and Bobert. It is unknown if they are brothers, relatives or not. One egghead wears eyeglasses while the other one doesn't. The egghead wearing eyeglasses is the head of his created club known as the "Reject Club".
- Rob (voice actor uncredited) - A tall blue cyclops that goes to Elmore Junior High. He has made his major appearance in "The Party" and "The Fight".
- Hector (voiced by Kerry Shale) - A massive, gentle, furry giant that is the largest student in Elmore Junior High, that even only his legs and feet can be seen but in "The Colossus" his head was shown but his face was covered by his hair. It is theorized that Hector has a crush on Tina Rex, considering the fact that he asked her to dance in "The Party". In "The Colossus", he is gentle because, like other giants, he is dangerous when he angry, sad or excited. Although his mother, who is a cleaning lady but is actually a witch, is a lot shorter than him. It is unknown if he is adopted or not.
- William - A flying eyeball who is Miss Simian's personal spy. William does not have any real friends, and the only time that he speaks is when he is reporting information to Miss Simian.
- Dolly - A yellow ice cream cone that is seen in a lot of the Season 2 episodes. She is usually seen in Miss Simian's class.
- Hot Dog Guy - He is a large anthropomorphic hot dog with thin arms and legs. He is always seen wearing a pair of dark sunglasses.
Elmore Middle staff 
- Principal Nigel Brown (voiced by Lewis MacLeod) - A furry slug who is the principal of Elmore Junior High. Ever since he fell in love with Miss Simian, he has been a dangerously incompetent principal and spends most of his time flirting with her, thus keeping him from properly running the school. In season 2, his voice is a lot deeper.
- Miss Lucy Simian (voiced by Sandra Searles Dickinson in Season One, Hugo Harrison in Season 2) - An elderly baboon who is Gumball and Darwin's sadistic teacher. She takes great pleasure in giving her students pop quizzes and being generally unpleasant.She is madly in love with Principal Brown, and he seems to gladly return the feeling. Miss Simian utterly despises Gumball and will do anything to ruin his mischievous plans. She has, however, been nice to Gumball at least once, with the real motive behind this being to win a teacher appreciation award, thus allowing her to complete her teacher trophy collection. One episode showed that Nicole was her student since preschool. In season 2 her voice is a little different, and she wears a pink dress instead of her grey with white polka-dots dress.
- Rocky Robinson (voiced by Lewis MacLeod): An orange, fuzzy Muppet-like character who has various jobs around Elmore Junior High. Rocky is the son of Gaylord and Margaret Robinson, the Wattersons' next-door neighbors, and is probably the dumbest adult in Elmore, sharing the title with Richard. He is good-natured, however, and gets along with the kids and everyone else much better than he does with his parents.
- Mr. Steve Small (voiced by Rupert Degas): A tall, fluffy creature who is the counselor of Elmore Junior High. He is interested in New Age culture and possesses hippie-like qualities in terms of appearance and behavior. Mr. Small's strange and unorthodox teaching methods are usually more confusing to the children than helpful, and most of the kids leave his office confused and not any better, if not worse from the time they entered. With this, many Elmore Junior High students are left wondering why he still has his job. Small like other characters are afraid of Tina Rex. He is also shown to have violent mood swings, which could possibly be attributed to bipolar disorder.
- The librarian - The Librarian works at Elmore Junior High as the school librarian. She is a tree with yellow bark (skin) and turquoise leaves (hair). She also wears a turquoise dress and a very large pair of red rounded spectacles. As an elderly character, she has wrinkles along her face.
Other characters 
- Gaylord and Margaret Robinson (voiced by Rupert Degas and Teresa Gallagher, respectively) - The Wattersons' stuck-up next door neighbors, and Rocky's parents. They are grey Muppet-like characters and they hate their neighbors with a passion. Gaylord is always grouchy and deeply despises Gumball for annoying him all the time; Gumball, however, idolizes him for whatever reason. Margaret is just as grouchy as her husband and is always in a bad mood. She never speaks; the only vocalizations she can make are hoarse whispers. While appearing to not have a good relationship, they actually enjoy arguing with each other. They drive a Cadillac sedan de ville.They also argue every single day with each other.
- Laurence "Larry" Needlemeyer (voiced by Kerry Shale) - A rock man who works at almost every movie/video game store, gas station, and grocery store in Elmore. Larry used to be known as "Lazy Larry", the laziest person in Elmore, until he lost his title to Richard during the summer of 1983. Larry ultimately despises the Watterson family, mostly because they are consistently getting him fired.
- Doughnut Sheriff (voiced by Rupert Degas) - An ineffective doughnut police officer who works in Elmore. He is rather oblivious, and as such is not a very good police officer. Similar to Carrie, he is eternally hungry, because since he is a doughnut, anything he attempts to consume just goes out the other end of his mouth.
- Sal Left Thumb (voiced by Rupert Degas) - A walking fingerprint who is a very dangerous criminal in Elmore. He often is seen doing some devious activity such as robbing a convenience store or trying to break into someone's car. Strangely, his weapon of choice is a rusty spoon, which, for some reason, many of the male characters in the show are terrified by. He has a New York accent and also has a habit of calling people "suckers." It is assumed that he is not as strong as he looks, considering he was knocked out when Nicole hit him with a sausage.
- Marvin (voiced by Rupert Degas) - He is a red, elderly man in Elmore. He walks around with a brown cane and he wears an orange hat. He speaks in an old raspy voice. He is part of a group of elderly people that sit in front of a yard that Gumball seems to run into a lot. In the episode "The Watch", Darwin gives Marvin the watch that his family and the Waterson Family have feuded over for the past several generations. At the end of the episode, Marvin and The Watersons fight over the watch to cash in the money it's worth.
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired||DVD release date|
|U.K.||U.S.||Region 1||Region 2||Region 4|
|Season premiere||Season finale||Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||36||May 2, 2011||April 1, 2011||May 9, 2011||March 13, 2012||August 28, 2012 (Volume 1: The DVD)
January 15, 2013 (Volume 2: The Mystery)
|2||40||September 17, 2012||TBA||August 7, 2012||TBA||TBA||TBA|
A total of 36 segments have been made for season one, which is 18 half-hours worth. It premiered on May 2, 2011, in the United Kingdom at 10:00 AM BST, with encores having aired throughout the day. The United States was the first nation to get the full series premiere, beginning on May 9, 2011. Season three is currently in development and is set to premiere in the U.S. in 2013, with an additional 40 segments having been ordered, which is 20 half-hours worth. Because the segments were meant to be aired in pairs, the total number of episodes that have been made is 38, although Cartoon Network US has opted to split the premieres and only air one new segment a week beginning June 6, 2011. The series aired in its intended pairs when it fully premiered in the United Kingdom on September 5, 2011. The series premiered on October 1, 2011, on Cartoon Network Asia. Season 2 premiered on August 7, 2012.
In The Amazing World of Gumball, there are some live-action screenshots from the following cities:
* Vallejo, California - Elmore
* San Francisco, California - Elmore buildings
* Amityville, New York - Carrie's House
* London (National History Museum) - Elmore Museum
* United Kingdom - Elmore Gas Station
* Abraham Lincoln High School (San Francisco) - Elmore Junior High
* London (Vats Wine Bar) - Dump's Cave
Critical reception 
The Amazing World of Gumball has received generally positive reviews, with most critics praising the show's visuals, music, and humour. Brian Lowry of Variety gave the show a favorable review. His review calls it "mostly a really clever spin on domestic chaos" and says that it "qualifies as first-rate silliness." The special preview that aired on May 3, 2011, scored 2.120 million viewers and premiere on May 9, 2011, scored 1.937 million viewers. The season 2 preview earned 1.805 million viewers.
Home media 
|DVD title||Season(s)||Aspect ratio||Episode count||Time length||Release date|
|The Amazing World of Gumball - The DVD||1||16:9||12||132 minutes||August 28, 2012|
|The Amazing World of Gumball - The Mystery||1||16:9||12||132 minutes||January 15, 2013|
|2011 Annecy International Animation Film Festival||Best Television Production||Production Staff of The Amazing World of Gumball||Won|
|2011 BAFTA Children's Awards (United Kingdom)||Animation 2011||Animators of The Amazing World of Gumball||Won|
|Writer 2011||Writers of The Amazing World of Gumball||Won|
|39th Annie Awards||Best Animated Television Production Children||Production Staff of The Amazing World of Gumball||Won|
|Directing in a Television Production||Mic Graves and Ben Bocquelet||Nominated|
|Music in a Television Production||Ben Locket||Nominated|
|Voice Acting in a Television Production||Logan Grove||Nominated|
|2012 Kidscreen Awards||Best Animated Series (Kids category)||Production Staff of The Amazing World of Gumball||Won|
|Best Animation (Creative talent category)||Animators of The Amazing World of Gumball||Won|
|Best Kids Program (Viewer's choice category)||Production Staff of The Amazing World of Gumball||Won|
|Broadcast Awards 2012||Best Children's Programme||Production Staff of The Amazing World of Gumball||Nominated|
|9th Annual Irish Film and Television Awards||Children's/Youth Programme||Production Staff of The Amazing World of Gumball||Nominated|
|2011 British Animation Awards||Best Children's Series||Production Staff of The Amazing World of Gumball||Won|
|Children’s Choice||Production Staff of The Amazing World of Gumball||Won|
|Royal Television Society Awards 2011||Children's Programme||Production Staff of The Amazing World of Gumball||Nominated|
|Cartoons on the Bay Pulcinella Awards 2012||TV Series For Kids ages: 2-all||Production Staff of The Amazing World of Gumball||Won|
|19th International Festival of Animated Film Stuttgart||Best animated series for children||Production Staff of The Amazing World of Gumball||Nominated|
|Prix Jeunesse International Munich 2012||7-11 Fiction||Production Staff of The Amazing World of Gumball||Won|
|Cynopsis Kids !magination Awards 2012||Kids 2-11 Series: Comedy||Production Staff of The Amazing World of Gumball||Won|
|10th Astra Awards||Most Outstanding Children’s Program or Event||Production Staff of The Amazing World of Gumball||Won|
|The Pan-American Association of Film & Television Journalists Awards 2012||Best animated series||Production Staff of The Amazing World of Gumball||Nominated|
|2012 BAFTA Children's Awards (United Kingdom)||Animation 2012||Animators of The Amazing World of Gumball||Won|
|Writer 2012||Writers of The Amazing World of Gumball||Won|
|40th Annie Awards||Best Animated Television Production Children||Production Staff of The Amazing World of Gumball ("The Job")||Nominated|
|Directing in a Television Production||Mic Graves||Nominated|
|2013 Kidscreen Awards||Best Animated Series (Kids category)||Production Staff of The Amazing World of Gumball||Won|
|1st International Emmy Kids Awards||Kids: Animation||Production Staff of The Amazing World of Gumball||Won|
- Kidscreen "Ready To Roll"
- toonzone "Toonzone Interviews "The Amazing World of Gumball" Creator Ben Bocquelet"
- Animation Insider "Cartoon Network Europe Promotes Daniel Lennard"
- Annecy "Annecy 2011 Official Selection / Film Index
- Turner Media Innovations "The Amazing World Of Gumball Machine Gears Back Into Action"
- Munn, Patrick (2012-10-05). "Cartoon Network Renews 'The Amazing World Of Gumball' For Third Season". Tvwise.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- "The Amazing World of Gumball | Watch Gumball Video Clips". Cartoon Network. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- Turner Media Innovations Sponsorship Information
- Lowry, Brian (3 May 2011). "Cartoon Net Charms With Clever Import 'Gumball'". Variety. Retrieved 4 May 2011.
- "Tuesday's Cable Ratings: TNT Rides NBA Doubleheader". Thefutoncritic.com. 2011-05-10. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- "Turner Media Innovations". Turner Media Innovations. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- "Awards Database". British Academy of Film and Television Arts. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- ASIFA-Hollywood (press release) (December 3, 2012). "Nominations for the 40th Annual Annie Awards Announced". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved 2013-01-27.
- Boulder Media (Co-producer of the series)
- Official US Website
- Official India Site
- Official Canadian Website
- Official French Website
- Official International Website
- The Amazing World of Gumball at the Big Cartoon DataBase
- The Amazing World of Gumball at the Internet Movie Database
- The Amazing World of Gumball at TV.com