From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from The American (disambiguation))
The American can refer to the following:
- The American (novel), an 1877 novel by Henry James
- The American, a 2006 thriller by Andrew Britton
- The American, 2010 retitling of Martin Booth's 1990 novel A Very Private Gentleman (on which the 2010 film is based)
- The American (magazine), a magazine published in print (2006–2008) and subsequently online by the American Enterprise Institute
- The American Magazine, a literary periodical published from 1906 to 1956
- The American (comics), a comic book series by Mark Verheiden
- "The American", the semi-regular character played by Daily Show producer and comedian Rory Albanese on the Times Online satirical podcast, The Bugle
- The American, a 1999 album by Angie Aparo
- "The American", a single by Simple Minds from their 1981 album Sons & Fascination/Sister Feelings Call
- The New York American, a newspaper merged in 1937 to form the New York Journal-American.
- The American (1927 film), a Western starring Charles Ray and Bessie Love
- The American (1998 film), a 1998 PBS television adaptation of the Henry James novel, starring Matthew Modine
- The American (2010 film), an American thriller directed by Anton Corbijn and starring George Clooney
- The American (statue), an unrealized bronze outdoor sculpture planned for Tulsa, Oklahoma
- American Athletic Conference, one of the major U.S. collegiate sports conferences
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.