The Angel with the Trumpet (1950 film)
|The Angel with the Trumpet|
|Directed by||Anthony Bushell|
|20 March 1950|
The Angel with the Trumpet is a 1950 British drama film directed by Anthony Bushell and starring Eileen Herlie, Basil Sydney and Norman Wooland. It was based on a novel by Ernst Lothar. The film follows the rise and fall of an Austrian aristocrat and her eventual death following Anschluss. The film was a remake of a 1948 Austrian film of the same title.
The saga begins with the Jewish founder of the firm and his aristocratic. non-Jewish wife. This marriage has its own problems. I will not spoil it by recounting several touching scenes, for the wife is close to the Habsburg court and gets intimately involved with the decline of that unhappy family.
- Eileen Herlie - Henrietta Stein
- Basil Sydney - Francis Alt
- Norman Wooland - Prince Rudolf
- Maria Schell - Anna Linden
- Olga Edwardes - Monica Alt
- Andrew Cruickshank - Otto Alt
- John Justin - Paul Alt
- Oskar Werner - Herman Alt
- Anthony Bushell - Baron Hugo Traun
- Anton Edthofer - Emperor Franz Joseph
- Jane Henderson - Gretel Paskiewicz
- Wilfrid Hyde-White - Simmerl
- John Van Eyssen - Albert Drauffer
- Vincent Porter, 'The Robert Clark Account', Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television, Vol 20 No 4, 2000 p489
- "The Angel with the Trumpet (1950)".
|This article related to a British film of the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|