The Annoying Orange
||This article may contain an excessive amount of intricate detail that may only interest a specific audience. (January 2015)|
|The Annoying Orange|
|Created by||Dane Boedigheimer|
|Written by||Spencer Grove
|Directed by||Dane Boedigheimer
|Voices of||Dane Boedigheimer
Various guest stars
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||6|
|No. of episodes||280 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Dane Boedigheimer
|Production company(s)||Daneboe Productions
Annoying Orange, Inc.
|Original run||October 9, 2009 – present|
|Related shows||The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange
The Misfortune Of Being Ned
The Marshmallow Show
The Annoying Orange is an American comedy web series created by former Minnesota film student and MTV production assistant Dane Boedigheimer in 2009. It stars its creator as an anthropomorphic orange who annoys other fruits, vegetables, and various other objects by using jokes, which are sometimes crude-humored. The YouTube channel "Annoying Orange" has over 4 million subscribers.
Despite the show's negative critical reception, the show's popularity after its first episode led it to become the subject of a TV series, a video game, a range of toys, and a t-shirt line. Other accessories, such as costumes of the series characters, have also appeared on the market for the company.
- 1 Plot
- 2 Characters
- 3 Videos
- 3.1 Songs
- 3.2 Spoofs
- 3.3 Let's Play
- 3.4 Other Channels
- 3.5 Other Series
- 4 YouTube
- 5 Minecraft
- 6 Background
- 7 Reception
- 8 Lawsuit
- 9 Merchandise
- 10 Games
- 11 Pay Withdraw Lawsuit
- 12 TV series
- 13 References
- 14 External links
The show is centered on Orange (voiced by Dane Boedigheimer), who resides on a fruit cart display in a kitchen with other objects such as his best friend Pear, a Bartlett pear (also voiced by Boedigheimer). Other fruits include Passion, a (female) passion fruit played by iJustine, a grapefruit (voiced by Robert Jennings), a tiny apple known as Midget Apple (though he prefers the name Little Apple), a small marshmallow and an elderly lemon named Grandpa Lemon, all of whom were not main characters until later episodes. Most episodes consist of Orange heckling other characters until they meet a sudden and gruesome end, usually by evisceration with a chef's knife (although the implements used to cut them up range from a blender to a toy pinwheel). Usually, Orange tries to "warn" them before it happens, blurting out the weapon-in-use, such as "Knife!" 
Orange has several recurring mannerisms. He often begins an episode by repeatedly yelling "Hey, (name of character)!" until the character responds. Orange also often refers to the character as something that plays on the object's name or appearance (such as calling Grapefruit "Apefruit"). If he does not like an object, he will often say "You're an apple!", even if the object is not (e.g., a tomato). Orange uses various tactics, such as telling rude and offensive jokes, burping and making childish noises with his tongue, to get attention.
Despite what other fruits and objects think, Orange often cannot control his tendency to be "annoying", and rarely intentionally tries to spite others; he usually means well for most fruits and objects. In one episode of the web series, a "life coach", Mango, suggests that Orange uses his annoying nature to try to cope with the destruction of the fruits he tries to make friends with. Regardless of his seemingly anti-social behavior, Orange can almost always find comfort in the company of his friends, and sometimes makes new ones.
- Orange (voiced by Dane Boedigheimer) is the lead protagonist and main character, appearing in every episode since the series began on October 9, 2009. He has yellow teeth, grey eyes, and a braying laugh. He is known for his annoying puns which he uses in every episode, although hardly any of the fruits seem to find his puns amusing. His standard reply, uttered after being taken to task for being annoying, is, "I'm not annoying, I'm an orange!" Unlike many fruits think, Orange doesn't have control over his tendency to be annoying. It was suggested by Mango in "It takes two to Mango" that Orange is annoying because of the carnage he has seen during his life.
- Pear (voiced by Dane Boedigheimer) made his initial (albeit brief) appearance in the first episode, before becoming a main character since the episode "Passion of the Fruit". He is a Bartlett pear who inhabits the same kitchen counter as Orange, his former best friend. Despite their friendship, he is often annoyed by Orange, and initially wants to die early on, although he subtly warms up to Orange's antics afterwards. Pear tries to help others maintain control, and is depicted as more intelligent than Orange. Pear was Orange's best friend because their friendship fell apart.
- Midget Apple (voiced by Dane Boedigheimer) debuted in the episode "Crabapple" on August 6, 2010 as a joke filler and became a recurring character in the episode, "Wazzup 3: Bonsai Tree." He is a tiny Red Delicious apple. A friend of Orange, Pear, Passion, and especially Marshmallow, he dislikes being called "Midget Apple", preferring the term "'Little Apple". Midget's catchphrase is "Neato Burrito" and he loves to wreck things up with his Monster Truck.
- Marshmallow (voiced by Dane Boedigheimer) debuted in the episode "Annoying Saw 2: The Annoying Death Trap" on September 24, 2010. A small, childlike, squeaky-voiced marshmallow that becomes friends with Orange in the episode. Creators and characters often try to convince the viewers that Marshmallow is genderless. Marshmallow is typically presented as cheerful and happy, and claims to love "puppies, and unicorns, and bunnies, and rainbows, and clouds, and kittens, and bunnies, and rainbows", also shown to absorb significant damage from cuts, fire, and throwing stars, but still emerging largely unscathed. Despite his/her cuteness, size, and cheerfulness, when something or someone angers him/her, Marshmallow sometimes acts very destructively, both towards his/her friends (and possibly enemies) and the area around him/her, although on few occasions has this destructive power been demonstrated. It was revealed in "Double Rainbow Trout" that even Marshmallow's family don't know whether he/she is a boy or a girl. It was also revealed that Marshmallow is related to the Sun, a rainbow, puppies, kittens, double rainbow trout as well as many more.
- Passion Fruit (voiced by Justine Ezarik), or simply "Passion", debuted on February 19, 2010, was released on the web show "Passion of the Fruit". She has a twin sister named Mandy, who appeared in "Wishful Thinking", that is in love with Pear. Passion is also Orange's girlfriend, which is why Grapefruit and Orange fight over her.
- Grapefruit (voiced by Robert Jennings) debuted in "Passion of the Fruit" as Orange's arch-enemy. He often engages in juvenile insults with Orange. The character was killed by Knife in his debut, but returned after being resurrected as part of the Frankenfruit monster in "Frankenfruit." He becomes a recurring character since the episode "Best Friends Forever." After that, Grapefruit became a main part of the web show.
- Grandpa Lemon (voiced by Kevin Brueck) is an elderly, forgetful lemon who has a habit of falling asleep at rather odd and annoying times. Debuting in "Grandpa Lemon" on June 4, 2010, he is unfazed by Orange's taunts about his memory loss and sleeping habits. Sliced in half by Knife in his debut, he became part of the Frankenfruit monster in "Frankenfruit." He becomes a recurring character since the episode "Wishful Thinking." He rides a motorcycle, where he says "Geromino!"
- Apple (voiced by Dane Boedigheimer) was Orange's very first victim who debuted in the pilot episode. Despite his absence of appearances, he is considered a main, or at the very least, a recurring character due to the legacy that he had placed upon Orange (which led him to think that almost anything that is red is an apple). It was stated that he was a friend of Orange's in the episode synopsis, but this hasn't been entirely proven.
- Knife (voiced by Kevin Nalty) was initially introduced simply as a kitchen tool in "Annoying Orange". He appears when Orange announces his presence, proceeding to slice up the other fruits and vegetables. His first appearance as a character was in "No More Mr. Knife Guy" Knife is shown to be at odds with his role in the series, hating his life because of how he is used. His mortal enemy is a knife sharpener due to the pain involved. However, he is replaced by Squash in more recent episodes.
- Liam the Leprechaun (played by Robert Jennings) first appeared in the episode "Luck o' the Irish" as a bad-tempered leprechaun, who loses his pot of gold to Orange. Orange tends to call him "Jolly Green Giant." Crushed by his pot of gold at the end of the episode, Liam is currently a recurring character, and is also the title character of a former spin-off series on his own YouTube channel. He still continues to return to the Annoying Orange series as a recurring character.
- Copper Lincoln (voiced by Robert Jennings) has been seen in a TV show episode, and 2 web show episodes. His main video is him singing about the following Plants vs. Zombies, Angry Birds, Grand Theft Auto, Clash of Clans, Happy Wheels, Minecraft, Assassin's Creed, Elder Scrolls, Garrys Mod, Cat Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong, Slender: The Eight Pages and Call of Duty: Ghosts.
- Squash (voiced by Dane Boedigheimer) has appeared in quite a few episodes over 2011-2013. He is similar to Knife, only the fruits get squashed to death, not cut to death, and seems to be a replacement for him. When he lands on a fruit (or other food), he usually exclaims "Eww!" or "Gross!" He also appears as a main food in an episode on certain occasions.
- Zoom (voiced by Robert Jennings) first appeared in "ZOOM!!!". He is a high-caffeine energy drink that can make people "get a full night's rest in just 30 seconds". He is a recurring character who appears in several episodes over 2012-2013, his next major appearance was in "WazZoom". He also exhibits two minor appearances in "Annoying Orange vs Angry Birds" and "Liam's Top Ten Most Annoying Annoying Orange Videos".
- Captain Obvious (voiced by Steve Zaragoza) is a small onion who always states the obvious and is often almost as annoying as Orange. His first appearance was in "Angry Orange". Two of his favorite things to say is "I'm wearing a hat" and "I'm a talking onion".
- Lou Natic Lou for short. A tick with conspiracy theories and lives in a tin foil tent in the kitchen.
- Nude Dude (voiced by Jack Douglass) first appeared in "Nude Dude". He is an apple and seems to be one of the only apples that Orange likes. He was peeled, cored and cut up in the first episode but made several more appearances in "Ask Orange #10" and "Buddy Cops 3: Blue Detective" and "Barewolf".
- Olive (voiced by Arin Hanson) is a leader of The Fresh-Mates, he will first appear in "The Banned Episode". He actually sees Nude Dude is being naked and he is awful. In the episode "The Banned Episode" the knife sliced him to death.
- Todd (played by Luke Barats) is a muppet first seen on the first episode of the new show created by Orange: D.E.R.P. He has a nice personality and is 11 years old. Like most kids his age, he said in one episode that he goes to school, and plays video games. He has recorded Goat Simulator, Plants VS Zombies Garden Warfare, and Grand Theft Auto 5. He never has played alone because he is always with a guest star. He has so far played with Barack Obama, and Batman.
- Batman: A muppet Batman (played by Daniel Oster) that has been seen twice on the show D.E.R.P. playing Goat Simulator and Grand a Theft Auto 5 with Todd.
- Mario: A muppet who portraits Mario from the game Super Mario Bros. He has been seen once in D.E.R.P. playing Call of Duty Ghosts.
- Kate Upton: A feisty muppet who represents Kate Upton in D.E.R.P. She has only been seen once in D.E.R.P. playing Call of Duty a Ghosts with Super Mario.
- Barack Obama: A bossy muppet who represents Barack Obama in D.E.R.P. playing Plants VS. Zombies Garden Warfare with Todd.
- Abraham Lincoln: A ghost muppet who represents Abraham Lincoln in D.E.R.P. playing Minecraft with another guest star that was very negative - Justin Bieber.
The first Annoying Orange episode was aired on October 9, 2009. Since then the Annoying Orange YouTube channel has uploaded 2-3 videos per week.
The Annoying Orange has sung many songs based on real songs, such as Gangnam Style.
- Orange Nya nya Style (Gangnam Style)
- Party Rock (Party Rock)
- Fry-day (Friday (Rebecca Black song))
- Epic Rap Battles Of Kitchenry (Epic Rap Battles of History)
- Chiller (Thriller)
- He Will Mock You (We Will Rock You)
- What Does The Sock Say? (The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?))
- Monster Truck (Thunderstruck)
- Beauty And A Beet (Beauty And A Beat - Justin Bieber)
- No More Mr. Knife Guy (No More Mr. Nice Guy)
- Pickleback (Nickleback)
- U Can't Squash This (U Can't Touch This)
- Lady Pasta (Lady Gaga)
Let's Play Some a Video Games (Not a Parody)
The Annoying Orange has spoofed many popular YouTube videos. These are:
- Epic Peel Time (Epic Meal Time)
- Talking Twin Baby Oranges (Talking Twin Babies)
- Go! Bwah! (Go! Bwah!)
- Epic Rap Battles of Kitchenry (Epic Rap Battles of History)
- Kitchen Intruder (Bed Intruder)
- Orange After Dentist (David After Dentist)
- Nyan Nya Orange (Nyan Cat)
- Sneezing Marshmallow (Sneezing Baby Panda)
- Charlie The Unicorn: Annoying Orange (Charlie the Unicorn)
- Equals Annoying Orange (Equals Three)
- How To Make the Annoying Orange (HowToBasic)
The Annoying Orange has played many well known video games
- Fruit Ninja
- Flappy Bird
- Street Fighter
- Mortal Kombat
- Tiny Wings
- Mario Kart
- Angry Birds
- Super Mario
- Plants vs. Zombies
- Duck Hunt
- Super Ball Juggling
- Giant Boulder Of Death
- Happy Wheels
- Temple Run 2
- Grand Theft Auto III
- Super Smash Bros.
- Five Nights at Freddy's
Many of the other characters from the Annoying Orange have played video games as well
- Donkey Kong - Grapefruit
- Candy Crush - Marshmallow
- Surgeon Simulator - Grandpa Lemon, Midget Apple
- Happy Wheels - Grandpa Lemon, Orange, Midget Apple, Grapefruit
- Slender: The Eight Pages - Grandpa Lemon
- Flappy Bird - Midget Apple
- Offroad Legends - Midget Apple
- The Floor is Jelly - Midget Apple
- Minecraft - Midget Apple
- Super Smash Bros. - Pear, Midget Apple, Marshmallow
In some video games, one or more of the fruits play it as a multiplayer game.
- FIFA 14 - Team 1 - Orange and Midget Apple, Team 2 - Grapefruit and Marshmallow
- Call of Duty: Ghosts - Orange, Marshmallow, Grapefruit, Grandpa Lemon
All of the main characters in Annoying Orange have their own YouTube channel
- Let's Play HAPPY WHEELS!!!
- Let's Play Flappy Bird!
- Let's Play Offroad Legends
- Let's Play Surgeon Simulator #1
- Let's Play Happy Wheels #2|
- Let's Play Surgeon Simulator #2
- Let's Play Splatter Up!
- Let's Play Minecraft!!! (Annoying Orange Server!)
- Let's Play Happy Wheels #3
- Let's Play Hacky Cat!
- Let's Play Minecraft #2: KitPVP Buttkick
- Let's Play EARN TO DIE #1
- Let's Play Head Soccer
- Let's Play Surgeon Simulator #3
- Let's Play EARN TO DIE #2
- Let's Play Happy Wheels #4 POOPING
- Let's Play Minecraft #3: FANS ATTACK!!!
- Let's Play EARN TO DIE #3
- Pear's Extreme Challenge #1: Holding Breath
- Pear's Extreme Challenge #2: BEAR FIGHT!
- Pear's Extreme Challenge #3: GHOST PEPPER
- Pear's Extreme Challenge #4: Fire Rings
- Pear's Extreme Challenge #5: Flips
- Pear's Extreme Challenge #6: TWO BANANAS, ONE MELON
- Pear's Extreme Challenge #7: FIGHT GODZILLA
- Pear's Extreme Challenge #8: BREAKING GLASS
- GET READY FOR THE PEAR (Lets Hear it for the Boy Parody)
- YAY DUCKIES! FOR 10 MINUTES
- GRAPEFRUIT: Art Critic #1
- Let's Play Annoying Orange Kitchen Carnage with Grapefruit
- Let's Play Adventure Time Card Wars w/Grapefruit #1
- FLOOP THIS! - Let's Play Adventure Time Card Wars #2
- Grapefruit: Art Critic #2
- Grandpa Lemon's Naptime Party!!!
- Grandpa Lemon - Grinds My Rind #1: Selfies
- Grandpa Lemon - Grinds My Rind #2: Cell Phones
- Grandpa Lemon - Grinds My Rind #3: Very Important Message
- Grandpa Lemon - Minecraft #1
- Grandpa Lemon - Grinds My Rind #4: Horseless Carridges
The Juice is a series of four shows that ran from July 8, 2013 to December 9, 2013. A special show of The Juice was aired October 14, 2013. In each show, Orange, Midget Apple, Marshmallow, Pear and Grapefruit discussed a question sent in from the audience. The questions were:
- Episode 1 - What do you want to be? Vampire, Werewolf, or Ghost?
- Episode 2 - If everyone from the kitchen was on a desserted island and there was nothing to eat, who would you eat first?
- Episode 3 - Which of your fruit friends would you like to be for a day?
- Episode 4 - If you could be any supper hero, who would you be? Note. that a supper hero is a food version of a super hero.
- Halloween Special - What is your biggest fear?
Ask Orange is a series of twelve Annoying Orange episodes where people got to ask questions that would get answered by Annoying Orange. The show originally ran for eight months, with an episode coming out every month. However, four more Ask Orange videos were also aired. The first Ask Orange episode was aired on September 26, 2011, with Ask Orange #10 being aired on January 24, 2014, Ask Orange #11 on May 31, 2014 and Ask Orange #12 on August 1, 2014. There was also a special episode of Ask Orange called Ask President Marshmallow #1, which aired on November 19, 2012.
The Misfortune of Being Ned
The Misfortune of Being Ned is based on a character called Ned, voiced by Steve Zaragoza, who repeatedly finds himself in misfortunate situations. The show debuted on October 9, 2013 as part of Annoying Orange "Shocktober". 20 episodes have been produced, spanning 2 seasons. The main characters are Ned, Greg, voiced by Kevin Brueck, and Wendy, voiced by Megan Camarena.
Season one of the series ran from October 9, 2013 to December 18, 2013 with ten episodes in the season. On December 18, 2013 Daneboe announced that The Misfortune of Being Ned would be renewed for a second season. Season 2 premiered February 19, 2014, with the series finale being on April 23, 2014. Season 2 also had ten episodes in total. At the end of the final episode, Ned was rubbed out and Orange announced that the Marshmallow Show would replace The Misfortune of Being Ned.
The Marshmallow Show
The Marshmallow Show was in the Annoying Orange channel and has Internet celebrities on it. Released on June 4, 2014, and ended on August 27, 2014, it airs every Wednesday. Marshmallow is the main character of the show. Other characters that appear in the show are Mushroom and Joe the Coffee Mug. The guests that have appeared on The Marshmallow Show are:
- Episode 1 - Steve Zaragoza
- Episode 2 - Felicia Day
- Episode 3 - Miranda Sing
- Episode 4 - Flula
- Episode 5 - Mikey Bolts
- Episode 6 - Weird Al
- Episode 7 - Chester See
- Episode 8 - Brittani Louise Taylor
- Episode 9 - Hannah Hart
- Episode 10 - Rhett and Link
- Episode 11 - iJustine
- Episode 12 - The Eh Bee Family
- Episode 13 - Daneboe
Annoying Orange Trailer Trashed is a series of 6 episodes in which Orange, Pear, Midget Apple and Marshmallow watch a movie trailer and comment on it: all in the style of Mystery Science Theater 3000. This is generally regarded as them trashing the trailer, hence the name Trailer Trashed. The trailers thatv have appeared in the series are:
- Dracula Untold
- Avengers: Age of Ultron
- The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Jurassic World
All the main characters in Annoying Orange have their own YouTube channels, even though none of them have uploaded many videos. In May 2014, it was revealed that all the characters other than Orange, are having a race to see who can get 100,000 subscribers first. As of August 8, 2014, Midget Apple is first with 87,651 subscribers, Pear is second with 40,910 subscribers, Grapefruit is third with 40,574 subscribers, Marshmallow is fourth with 36,960 subscribers, Grandpa Lemon is fifth with 26,911 subscribers and Passion Fruit is last with 21,717 subscribers.
Annoying Orange has his own Minecraft server, mc.orangecraft.net (Orangecraft). The Annoying Orange uploads one video per week documenting the happenings on the server. Most of the main characters in Annoying Orange have visited the server.
Annoying Orange has also uploaded other videos about Minecraft. They are:
- Wazzup Minecraft
- Block Party (Song)
Minecraft has also been revealed to be one of the Annoying Orange's favourite video games.
Before The Annoying Orange, Boedigheimer had done many talking food videos for his channel and other sites including JibJab. He said in an interview that the idea for The Annoying Orange was a combination of the talking food videos, puns and special effects he came up with and did before. The original video was planned to be title The Annoying Apple, but when he started animating the video he found it easier to put features on an orange than an apple and make it clear.
The Annoying Orange video was initially meant to be the only one on YouTube. However, many viewers requested more videos, and after the 4th one, Boedigheimer decided to make a full-time series. Following the success of the series, he created a channel dedicated to The Annoying Orange under the name "Annoying Orange" on January 11, 2010.
The series was rated as the most viewed web series of February and March 2010 by Mashable, with over 52 million views. On April 26, 2010, the series had over 108 million views on YouTube. In June 2010, the channel had received 137 million views. By August 13, 2010, it had received 1 million subscribers. On June 2011, the channel was ranked as the eighth most subscribed and 30th most viewed, with more than 2,000,000 subscribers. On January 13, 2012, the series hit 1 billion channel views and 2.3 million subscribers. The Annoying Orange YouTube channel currently has over 3.5 million subscribers
Despite the show's popularity, it has received generally unfavorable reviews from critics. Liz Shannon Miller considered the show to be "annoying for many reasons." In the web series column Pass the Mustard, Ned Hepburn called the show "pure, pure unfunny, highly concentrated, in droplet form, just purely nonsensical riffing from an Annoying Orange." Hepburn concluded, "the Annoying Orange series is one of the few that I had a physically bad reaction to. It was horrible." 411mania.com called the show "idiotic" and "creepy as hell", while other publications have referred to it as "third grade humor." However, among internet audiences, the show has garnered highly positive reviews, as opposed to the mostly negative ones.
The success of the series had received attention of Fargo advertising agency H2M, who, in 2006, created its own “Talking Orange”, which is the spokesman for an ad campaign for the North Dakota Department of Transportation. Both of the two characters were two anthropomorphic oranges with ties to the Fargo-Moorhead area. Despite only slightly resembling the “Talking Orange”, the Annoying Orange was looked into by H2M’s attorneys as an intellectual property matter. Boedigheimer stated he had not watched the “Talking Orange” videos before he was told about the disagreement, also believing that the characters weren’t very similar. Boedigheimer and Grove were later sued by H2M in May 2013 for allegedly copying the character. The case has been settled as of November 2013.
Since late 2011, The Collective has produced many accessories, toys and clothing with toymaker The Bridge Direct and clothing retailers such as JCPenney, Shopko and rue21. On November 10, 2011, GeekDad announced a giveaway for an Annoying Orange T-shirt from JCPenney and a toy from Toys R Us. GeekDad started taking entries through Friday at 11:59 PM. The Collective also announced a partnership in December of that year with costume manufacturer Rubie's Costume Company to produce children and adult Halloween costumes and accessories featuring characters such as Orange, Pear, Marshmallow, and Midget Apple from the web series.
Annoying Orange comics are published by Papercutz.
- Secret Agent Orange (December 11, 2012)- Note: Reference to James Bond. Parody of Special Agent Oso.
- Orange You Glad You're Not Me? (May 28, 2013)- Note: This is a reference to the joke orange you glad you're not me?
- Pulped Fiction (August 27, 2013)- Note: Parody of Pulp Fiction.
- Tales of the Crisper (January 14, 2014)- Note: Parody of Tales from the Crypt.
- Fifty Shades of Orange (April 8, 2014)- Note: Parody of Fifty Shades of Grey.
- My Little Baloney (August 5, 2014)- Note: Parody of My Little Pony.
- Adventure Lime (December 9, 2014)- Note: Parody of Adventure Time and also many other!, including Regular Show, Pokémon and SpongeBob SquarePants.
A video game developed by Bottle Rocket Apps named Kitchen Carnage was released for the iPod Touch and iPhone on April 7, 2011. The game was later released in HD for the iPad on May 6, 2011, and for Android devices on October 14, 2011. The Christmas version of the game was released in December 2011 and the free version of the game, Kitchen Carnage Lite, was released March 2, 2012.
The aim of the game is to throw a different items across the kitchen into a series of blenders before the time runs out. The player is given apples and bananas at the start. When the second level is reached, tomatoes are added. Level 3 adds cantaloupes, level 4 pineapples, level 5 strawberries and level 6 adds Fred FiggleCorns.
Annoying Orange: Splatter Up is the second game by the Annoying Orange, after Kitchen Carnage. The game based on Baseball, where you slide your finger while a fruit enters the home plate. The faster you slide, the farther you get. The game sprites are the same as the Kitchen Carnage game, the only ones that don't appear in this game but appear in Kitchen Carnage are Red Raspberry and Fred Figglecorn.
Pay Withdraw Lawsuit
On December 23, 2014, Dane Boedgheimer announced that Annoying Orange has not been funded by Collective Digital Studios since November 2014. This has led Daneboe to take legal action to get paid. The fate of the web series because of this is unknown.
|Country / region||Series premiere||Network|
|United States||May 28, 2012||Adult Swim|
|Australia||July 15, 2013||Fox|
|Canada||September 5, 2013||Teletoon at Night|
|Brazil||September 9, 2013||MTV Brasil|
|United Kingdom||October 2013||Adult Swim|
|Malaysia||November 31, 2013||Adult Swim|
|Israel||December 2013||Comedy Central Israel|
- Geoffrey A. Fowler (April 26, 2010). "Now Playing on a Computer Near You: A Fruit With an Obnoxious Streak". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved April 28, 2010.
- The Annoying Orange Wants Nathan Fillion!. Interview with Dana Ward. October 27, 2011.
- Harrison, Stacey (June 6, 2012). ""Hey, Apple!" The Annoying Orange is coming to Adult Swim". Channel Guide Magazine. Retrieved June 10, 2012.
- Brown, Damon (June 28, 2010). "How 'Annoying Orange' is taking over the world". CNN. Retrieved June 28, 2010.
- Samuel Axon (March 5, 2010). "The Top 10 Most Watched Web Series, February 2010". Mashable. Retrieved April 28, 2010.
- Samuel Axon (April 8, 2010). "The Top 10 Most Watched Web Series, March 2010". Mashable. Retrieved April 28, 2010.
- "Annoying Orange a certified YouTube citrus smash for Dane Boedigheimer". News Limited. April 27, 2010. Retrieved April 28, 2010.
- Chantal Martineau (April 26, 2010). "Annoying Orange Seeks to Irritate a Wider Audience via Television". The Village Voice. Retrieved April 28, 2010.
- "Channels". YouTube. Retrieved December 20, 2011.
- "realannoyingorange Channel". YouTube. Retrieved December 20, 2011.
- "Annoying Orange hits 1 BILLION VIEWS! - DANEBOEVLOG". YouTube. January 13, 2012. Retrieved January 14, 2012.
- Francich, Darren (January 25, 2012). "'Annoying Orange' hits one billion views... and gets roasted! -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- Shannon Miller, Liz (May 10, 2010). "No. 1 Web Series Annoying Orange is Annoying for Many Reasons". Online Video News. Retrieved November 25, 2011.
- Hepburn, Ned (March 10, 2010). "‘Annoying Orange’, ‘Wiener’, ‘The Basement’, ‘Copy & Pastry’ Try to Pass The Mustard". Tubefilter News. Retrieved November 25, 2011.
- Diaz, Porfirio (November 22, 2011). "Movies/TV's 3R’s 11.22.11: Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spider-Man, Twilight, Ricky Gervais, More". 411mania.com. Retrieved November 27, 2011.
- "The NMR Top 100 YouTube Channels: 50-26!". New Media Rockstars. Retrieved 6 January 2015.
- Benshoof, Sam (November 16, 2011). "Fargo Man Created Online Sensation 'Annoying Orange'". WDAZ. Accessed from December 26, 2012.
- ND Ad Agency Sues Creators Of Adult Swim Show. CBS Minnesota. May 22, 2013. Accessed from July 9, 2013.
- Cohen, Joshua (December 16, 2011). "‘Annoying Orange’ Toys and Tees in Toys "R" Us and JCPenney". tubefittler news. Retrieved December 21, 2011.
- Cranford Teague, Jason (November 10, 2011). "Hey! Hey! It’s Annoying Orange — Exclusive Preview & Giveaway!". Wired. Retrieved November 27, 2011.
- Dickson, Jeremy (December 6, 2011). "Annoying Orange rolls into Halloween gear". Kidscreen. Retrieved December 28, 2011.
- The Annoying Orange official website
- The Annoying Orange official YouTube channel
- The Annoying Orange on Blip
|Most Subscribed Channel on YouTube
Ranked 8th as of April 2011