The Art of Discourse
|"The Art of Discourse"|
|Episode no.||Season 1
|Directed by||Adam Davidson|
|Written by||Chris McKenna|
|Original air date||April 29, 2010|
|List of Community episodes|
Shirley (Yvette Nicole Brown) gets Pierce (Chevy Chase) kicked out the study group, Jeff (Joel McHale) and Britta (Gillian Jacobs) plot revenge on a group of high schoolers who make fun of them for attending community college, and Troy (Donald Glover) helps Abed (Danny Pudi) accomplish some of his film-clichéd social goals. Lisa Rinna guest stars as the mother of one of the high school kids.
In the end tag, Troy and Abed are in the student lounge, discussing their "porn names" which they derived from their grade school and their favorite soft drink.
- Pierce thought Shirley was Troy's mother in "Introduction to Film".
Around 4.36 million Americans watched "The Art of Discourse".
Todd VanDerWerff of The A.V. Club gave the episode an B saying that while he "liked the other two plotlines in the episode quite a bit" the main Jeff/Britta plot was difficult to enjoy because he "just couldn't get past how irritating the characters were."
- Seidman, Robert (April 30, 2010). "Thursday Finals FlashForward, Survivor, Bones Adjusted Up; Community, Parks & Rec, Private Practice Adjusted Down". Retrieved February 27, 2013.
- VanDerWerff, Todd (April 30, 2010). "The Art of Discourse". The A.V. Club. Retrieved February 27, 2013.
- "The Art of Discourse" at NBC.com
- "The Art of Discourse" at the Internet Movie Database
- "The Art of Discourse" at TV.com
- "The Art of Discourse" at TV Tropes