The Asian Awards
|The Asian Awards|
The Asian Awards Logo
|Awarded for||Honouring Asian Excellence|
|Presented by||Paul Sagoo|
The Asian Awards recognises and rewards exemplary achievement across 12 categories that include business, philanthropy, entertainment, culture and sport. Nominees are selected by an independent judging panel consisting a panel chaired by Baroness Verma of Leicester. The Asian Awards, reward outstanding achievement from within the Asian community. In 2010 and 2011, the awards were only open to those born in or with direct family origin from India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, or Bangladesh. In 2013, the Asian Awards were opened to all people of both South and Southeast Asian origin. The 3rd Asian Awards took place on 16 April 2013 in London.
The Asian Awards, an annual awards ceremony founded by businessman Paul Sagoo through his Lemon Group company. The awards also support charities through the event.
Past awards 
The 1st Asian Awards took place on October 26th 2010 and was hosted by Lord Sebastian Coe. The 2010 Asian Awards featured a presentation of The Lifetime Achievement Award that was presented to Amitabh Bachchan. A live musical performance was provided by Sonu Nigam. The 2010 Peoples Choice Award, voted entirely by the public, was won by Sachin Tendulkar. On the night itself, images of all winners were broadcasted in Times Square.
The 2nd Asian Awards was again hosted by Lord Sebastian Coe on 18 October 2011. The 2011 Asian Awards featured a presentation of The Lifetime Achievement Award that was presented to Asha Bhosle in addition Lord Coe presented a Guinness World Record for Most Recorded Artist of all time at over 11,000 recordings.  The Founder's Award, an award given directly by the founders Paul Sagoo and UBM, was presented posthumously to Freddie Mercury. His mother and sister were presented the award by Freddie's former band member Brian May 
The Asian Awards did not take place in 2012 and no official reason has been cited although the event was moved from its regular October date to April 2013.
The 3rd Asian Awards was hosted by Lord Sebastian Coe on April 16th 2013. The event was opened by Founder Paul Sagoo and followed by a keynote speech from the UK Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne. The awards were expanded to include winners from all Asian countries (China, Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong, Malaysia and others) aswell as the traditional South Asian countries from which winners had been honoured previously. In addition to the winners, other notable guests in attendance included Peter Andre, Princess Michael of Kent, Preeya Kalidas, Colin Jackson, Tasmin Lucia-Khan, Elen Rivas and Beverley Knight. Sir Ben Kingsley was given the Fellowship award and the late Bruce Lee was honoured with the Founders Award which was collected by his widow Linda Lee Cadwell.
Award categories 
1st Awards 
2nd Awards 
The following were recipients at the 2nd Asian Awards.
3rd Awards 
The following were recipients at the 3rd Asian Awards.
The following companies have supported the awards:
- Audemars Piguet
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Christian Louboutin
- Meridian Audio, Ltd.
- Kingfisher Airlines
- Jaguar Cars
- Sotheby's International Realty
- East India Company
- Prestigious New International Asian Awards Launched,  18 June 2010
- Celebrities raise over £100,000 for Save the Children at Asian Awards launch, , 28 October 2010]
- International Awards Launched to Honour Asian Achievement
- Lord Coe to Present The Asian Awards
- Yash Chopra does it again
- Sachin Bags Peoples Choice Award
- Yash Chopra in Times Square
- Photos of Winners in Times Square
- | The Asian Awards 2011 Honours Freddie Mercury
- The Prestigious Asian Awards 2013 coming on April 16th
- Asian Awards recognise excellence and achievement
- Asian Awards Expands to include all Asian Countries
- Celebrities attend The Asian Awards
- Sir Ben Kingsley and Bruce Lee Honoured at the Asian Awards
- Asian Awards Winners on the Night
- List of Winners at the Asian Awards 2010
- The Asian Awards Winners List. 3 November 2010. PRNewswire. PR Newswire Europe Limited (a United Business Media company). Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- Sunil Mittal Bags Award
- Sachin wins Asian Awards
- List of Winners at the Asian Awards 2011
- Winners at the Asian Awards 2013