The Atheist's Guide to Christmas
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013)|
|Author||Ariane Sherine (Editor)|
|Publisher||Friday Project/Harper Perennial(US Edition)|
|1 Oct 2009 (14 Oct 2010 Paperback)/ 2 November 2010 (US Edition)|
|Media type||Print/Audiobook (Hardcover/Paperback)|
|ISBN||ISBN 978-0-00-732261-9 / ISBN 978-0-06-199797-6 (US Edition)|
The Atheist's Guide to Christmas is a 2009 book written by 42 atheist celebrities, comedians, scientists and writers who give their funny and serious tips for enjoying the Christmas season. It made the Amazon best-seller list on its launch. It is the first atheist charity book campaign with the full book advance and half of the royalties being donated to the UK HIV charity Terrence Higgins Trust.
Contributors to the book include Richard Dawkins, Charlie Brooker, Derren Brown, Ben Goldacre, Jenny Colgan, David Baddiel, Simon Singh, AC Grayling, Jennifer McCreight, Natalie Haynes, Brian Cox, Nick Doody, Ed Byrne, Matt Kirshen, Richard Herring, Emery Emery and Simon Le Bon. In the audio book version the authors read out their contributions. The number of authors was kept to 42 to honour the memory of Douglas Adams - a friend of Richard Dawkins and an atheist himself.
- "ATHEIST GUIDE TO XMAS – HITS AMAZON BEST SELLER LIST".
- Butt, Riazat (2009-09-27). "Atheists examine Christmas from angel-free angle". London: The Guardian.
- Haynes, Natalie. "Now you can do Christmas even if you don’t do God". London: The Times.
- "Authors read their contributions to Ariane Sherine's book". The Guardian (London). 2009-12-02.
- The Atheist's Guide to Christmas from Amazon UK
- The Atheist's Guide to Christmas from Amazon US
- The Atheist's Guide to Christmas from Audible
|This article related to atheism is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|