The Bachelor (season 15)
|The Bachelor (season 15)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||12 (including 2 specials)|
|Original run||January 3, 2011– March 14, 2011|
The Bachelor: Season 15 is the 15th season of ABC reality television series The Bachelor. The season premiere aired on January 3, 2011. 38-year old Brad Womack, who previously appeared as the Bachelor in season 11, where he rejected both of his final two women, returned as the Bachelor for this season, counting 30 women, unlike the 25 in previous seasons (made this the first Bachelor season to have 30 suitors and the second time in the franchise's history, season five of The Bachelorette was the first). Womack became the first bachelor on The Bachelor twice.
- 1 Contestants
- 2 Call-Out Order
- 3 Episodes (dates)
- 4 Post-show
- 5 Ratings
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Biographical information according to ABC official series site, plus footnoted additions.
|Emily Maynard||25||Morgantown, West Virginia||Children's Hospital Event Planner||Winner|
|Chantal O'Brien||28||Mercer Island, Washington||Executive Assistant||Runner-up|
|Ashley Hebert||26||Madawaska, Maine||Dental Student||Eliminated in week 9|
|Shawntel Newton||25||Chico, California||Funeral Director||Eliminated in week 8|
|Michelle Money||30||Salt Lake City, Utah||Hair stylist||Eliminated in week 7|
|Britt Billmaier||25||Woodinville, Washington||Food writer||Eliminated in week 7|
|Jackie Gordon||26||Newport, Rhode Island||Artist||Eliminated in week 6|
|Alli Travis||24||Columbus, Ohio||Apparel merchant||Eliminated in week 6|
|Lisa Morrisey||24||Ottawa, Kansas||Marketing Coordinator||Eliminated in week 5|
|Marissa May||26||Mesa, Arizona||Sports Publicist||Eliminated in week 5|
|Ashley Spivey||26||Ellerbe, North Carolina||Nanny||Eliminated in week 5|
|Lindsay Hill||25||Plano, Texas||First grade teacher||Eliminated in week 4|
|Meghan Merritt||30||Princeton, New Jersey||Fashion Marketer||Eliminated in week 4|
|Stacey Quirpel||26||Quincy, Massachusetts||Bartender||Eliminated in week 4|
|Kimberly Coon||27||Orlando, Florida||Marketing Coordinator||Eliminated in week 3|
|Sarah Powell||27||Denver, Colorado||Real Estate Broker||Eliminated in week 3|
|Madison Garton||25||Vail, Colorado||Model||Quit in week 3|
|Keltie Colleen||28||Sherwood Park, Alberta||Radio City Rockette||Eliminated in week 2|
|Melissa Schreiber||32||Westport, Connecticut||Waitress||Eliminated in week 2|
|Raichel Goodyear||29||Fullerton, California||Manscaper||Eliminated in week 2|
|Britnee||25||Holland, Pennsylvania||Paralegal||Eliminated in week 1|
|Cristy Caserta||30||Davie, Florida||Attorney||Eliminated in week 1|
|Jessica "J"||26||Seattle, Washington||Operations Manager||Eliminated in week 1|
|Jill Ruskowski||28||Frisco, Texas||Sales director||Eliminated in week 1|
|Lacey Garbelman||27||Tampa, Florida||Insurance agent||Eliminated in week 1|
|Lauren Moore||26||Culpeper, Virginia||High School Teacher||Eliminated in week 1|
|Lisa P.||27||Dix Hills, New York||Sales Consultant||Eliminated in week 1|
|Rebecca||30||Mission Viejo, California||Esthetician||Eliminated in week 1|
|Renee Halpin||28||Palos Hills, Illinois||Nanny||Eliminated in week 1|
|Sarah Ledtke||25||Saginaw, Michigan||Musical Theatre Performer||Eliminated in week 1|
|1||Chantal O.||Ashley S.||Ashley H.||Ashley S.||Chantal O.||Shawntel N.||Chantal O.||Ashley H.||Ashley H.||Chantal O.||Emily|
|2||Kimberly||Michelle||Michelle||Shawntel N.||Britt||Emily||Ashley H.||Emily||Emily||Emily||Chantal O.|
|3||Alli||Kimberly||Jackie||Emily||Michelle||Ashley H.||Emily||Shawntel N.||Chantal O.||Ashley H.|
|4||Ashley S.||Madison||Emily||Michelle||Ashley S.||Michelle||Britt||Chantal O.||Shawntel N.|
|5||Meghan||Emily||Chantal O.||Chantal O.||Alli||Alli||Shawntel N.||Michelle|
|6||Marissa||Raichel||Sarah P.||Lisa M.||Emily||Britt||Michelle||Britt|
|8||Ashley H.||Ashley H.||Kimberly||Ashley H.||Lisa M.||Chantal O.||Alli|
|9||Raichel||Meghan||Shawntel N.||Marissa||Jackie||Lisa M.|
|11||Melissa||Lindsay||Ashley S.||Alli||Ashley H.||Ashley S.|
|13||Cristy||Sarah P.||Lisa M.||Meghan||Meghan|
|27||Sarah L.||Lisa P.|
- The contestant received a first impression rose.
- The contestant received a rose during the date.
- The contestant received a rose after advice from Ali and Roberto.
- The contestant was eliminated.
- The contestant was eliminated during the date.
- The contestant quit the competition.
- The contestant won the competition.
|This section requires expansion. (April 2012)|
Original airdate: January 3, 2011
There were no dates during the first week. Brad meets with not just the normal 25, but 30 women, taking his second chance at love. Chantal O. slapped him, Ashley S. received the first impression rose, It was Jessica "J"'s birthday and Britnee was retrieved from the limo. Britnee, Christy, Jessica "J", Jill, Lacey, Lauren, Lisa P., Rebecca, Renee and Sarah L. Were sent home in the first rose ceremony.
Original airdate: January 10, 2011
One-on-one: Ashley H. They spent the night at a private carnival. She got a rose from Brad.
Group: Keltie, Chantal O., Madison, Melissa, Kimberly, Marissa, Raichel, Britt, Meghan, Emily, Shawntel N., Michelle, Lisa M., Stacey, and Alli. They filmed a variety of sketches to advertise PSA and donating blood. At the after party, Raichel and Melissa argued. Michelle got the rose because it was her birthday.
One-on-one: Jackie. They got massages and spa treatment. She picked out her own dress and got her make-up done. Train was there for a private concert. She got a rose.
Cocktail Party: All of the ladies. Ali and Roberto from The Bachelorette came and talked to Brad and the ladies. Brad decided to give the rose to Emily after the discussion with the then-engaged couple.
Original airdate: January 17, 2011
One-on-one: Ashley S. They went to a famous recording studio and recorded them singing "Kiss from a Rose" by Seal. After, they witnessed the real Seal performing his song in the studio and had dinner on the rooftop of the building. She got a rose.
Group: Lindsay, Shawntel N., Alli, Britt, Kimberly, Sarah P., Chantal O., Ashley H., Lisa M., Stacey, Marissa, and Michelle. They filmed a fake action movie with action director, Steven Ho where they rehearsed stunts and fight scenes called "Love Hurts". Shawntel N. got the rose.
One-on-one: Emily. They flew to a vineyard where they picnicked and later had dinner in a barn. She got a rose.
Original airdate: January 24, 2011
One-on-one: Chantal O. They flew in a helicopter to Catalina Island and walked on the ocean floor and looked at sea life. After, they had dinner at a campfire on the beach and in a tent. She got a rose.
Group: Ashley S., Stacey, Lindsay, Britt, Meghan, Alli, Lisa M., Ashley H., and Jackie. The girls and Brad went on the radio show Loveline with Mike and Dr. Drew and discussed their feelings for Brad. At the after party, many girls fought for Brad's attention. Brad was originally going to give the rose to Ashley H., but after hearing her make negative comments, he gave it to Britt instead.
One-on-one: Michelle. They flew in a helicopter and landed on a high building in downtown Los Angeles to rappel down the side to have dinner at a pool. She got a rose.
Original airdate: January 31, 2011
- Located in: Las Vegas Valley
One-on-one: Shawntel N. Brad and Shawntel N. went shopping during the day. During the night, both Shawntel N. and Brad went atop a roof to watch fireworks and have dinner. This is where Shawntel N. revealed her work as a funeral director.
Group: Michelle, Alli, Britt, Chantal O., Lisa M., Marissa, Emily and Jackie. They went racecar driving. Emily had a particularly hard time with the date due to the association of racing with her deceased fiance, Ricky Hendrick. Ricky (the son of Rick Hendrick, the owner of the Hendrick Motorsports team) was a NASCAR driver who was killed, along with nine others in 2004, in a plane crash. Emily received the rose on the group date.
Two-on-one: Ashley H. and Ashley S. Both ladies got an opportunity to watch and practice for a performance in the Viva Elvis show in Las Vegas. Both ladies had dinner with Brad. The leading man sent Ashley S. home for missing connections. Ashley H. and Brad performed in the show that night.
Original airdate: February 7, 2011
- Located in: Costa Rica
One-on-one: Chantal O. They took another helicopter on a scenic ride, then ziplined through the jungle. It rained again before they got to eat dinner outside.
Group: Michelle, Emily, Jackie, Shawntel N., Ashley H., and Britt. They rappelled down a waterfall. No one received the rose.
One-on-one: Alli. They went horseriding and explored a cave full of bats and giant spiders. They later enjoyed dinner floating in the middle of the hot springs; however they didn't have the most intimate conversation. In the end, she went home.
Original airdate: February 14, 2011
- Located in: Anguilla
One-on-one: Emily. They had a picnic on the beach and then had dinner.
One-on-one: Shawntel N.. They went to a farmer's market.
Group: Ashley H., Michelle, Chantal O. They did a photo shoot for Sports Illustrated. Ashley and Chantal have posed topless shots, Ashley praises on a photo shoot with seashells covering her breasts. Ashley receives the rose.
One-on-one: Britt. They took a yacht to go cliff-diving. Britt was sent home.
Note: This was the first week where there was no cocktail party as Brad felt there was no reason to lead the women on if the conversations were not going to change his mind on whom to send home.
Original airdate: February 21, 2011
- Located in: Hometowns (Dates)
Chantal O.: Chantal O's hometown date started at Seattle, and gave a visit for Brad on touring the entire city. Then, Brad meets her parents and sees a beautiful sculpture inside her wealthy home. Chantal O's father has solemnly on approval with Brad and gets ready for falling in love with her.
Ashley H.: Ashley H's hometown date started in her hometown of Madawaska, Maine where she grew up. Ashley invited Brad on her old workplace in a restaurant where she used to work as part-time and ordered fries with cheese and gravy. Afterwards, they take pictures on Canada–United States border signboard and it would be receive as a souvenir. Then, Brad meets Ashley's family including her sister which Brad is more likely as a friend.
Shawntel N.: Shawntel N's hometown date started in Chico, California and gave a tour of the family's funeral home. Brad is look tense on the mausoleum, plus a crematorium with an auto-shut door, crypt room and an embalming room. He meets Shawntel's parents and her younger sisters. While on the discussion for a succession in the family's funeral home, Shawntel's dad is anxious on not giving up the funeral home business and wishes to marry Brad for move to Austin.
Emily: Emily's hometown date started in Charlotte, North Carolina and is meeting with her daughter Ricki at the park. Brad is excited to meet Ricki for the first time, but she made herself very shy. Brad receives a present a kite for Ricki and uses it for flying. Emily and Ricki took Brad in her house and shows Ricki's dolls and beauty collection in her bedroom gave Brad for a tour. Emily takes Ricki for a night sleep and saying goodbye to Brad.
Rose Ceremony: The ceremony took place in a hotel in New York City. Ashley H. got the first rose followed by Emily, leaving Chantal O. and Shawntel N. at the bottom two. In the end, Brad handed Chantal O. the last rose, eliminating Shawntel N. on an emotional sadness returning with her family. In the end, Brad announced the final three ladies to South Africa.
Original airdate: February 28, 2011
- Located in: South Africa
Week 10 (Finale)
Original airdate: March 14, 2011
Brad has one rose left, to give to either Emily or Chantal O. after they meet his family. Brad and Chantal O. swim in shark-infested waters, while Emily's final date is a helicopter tour of Cape Town that includes stunning views of the Cape of Good Hope. Then comes Brad's decision: he chooses Emily over Chantal O. in the finale, leaving Chantal O. hurt emotionally.
After the Final Rose
This special episode aired right after the finale. Emily does not wear a ring during most of the show, as it was being re-sized. Brad gives her the re-sized ring at the end of the show. However, the couple decided to quit their relationship in June 2011.
|Bachelorette||Previous Finish||Bachelor Pad||Bachelor in Paradise||Final Result|
|Season 1||Season 2||Season 3||Season 1|
U.S. Nielsen Ratings
|Episode||First Air Date||Rating
|1||January 3, 2011||2.9||7||9.04||N/A||N/A|
|2||January 10, 2011||2.8||7||8.46||N/A||N/A|
|3||January 17, 2011||2.7||7||8.80||N/A||N/A|
|4||January 24, 2011||2.9||8||9.28||N/A||N/A|
|5||January 31, 2011||3.2||8||9.66||N/A||N/A|
|6||February 7, 2011||3.2||8||9.81||N/A||N/A|
|7||February 14, 2011||2.9||8||9.32||N/A||N/A|
|8||February 21, 2011||3.4||9||10.41||N/A||N/A|
|9||February 28, 2011||3.5||9||11.33||N/A||N/A|
|10||March 7, 2011||3.1||9||10.02||N/A||N/A|
|11||March 14, 2011||4.5||13||13.88||N/A||N/A|
|12||March 14, 2011||4.7||13||13.96||N/A||N/A|
- Episode 10, The Women Tell All Special.
- Episode 12, After the Final Rose Special.
- Rizzo, Monica. "Brad Womack Returning to The Bachelor", People, September 27, 2010
- Brad Womack’s bachelorettes have been announced!
- Bromberg, Nick (December 17, 2010). "Ricky Hendrick's former fiancee to appear on The Bachelor". Yahoo!. Retrieved January 18, 2015.
- "Brad Womack regrets breaking Emily Maynard". Daily Mail. May 18, 2012.
- "Three Local Women Competing on The Bachelor--Including the Rumored Favorite". Seattlest.com. December 16, 2010. Retrieved January 18, 2015.
- Bayly, Julia (December 16, 2010). "Madawaska dental student to be featured on ‘The Bachelor’". Bangor Daily News (Bangor, Maine). Retrieved January 18, 2015.
- Saam, Kelli (December 15, 2010). "Chico Woman Looks For Love On The Bachelor". Chico, California: KRCR-TV. Retrieved January 17, 2015.
- "Beach passion doesn't save pushy Bachelor contestant Michelle as Brad Womack FINALLY sends her packing". Daily Mail. February 15, 2011.
- Kwiatkowski, Elizabeth (February 10, 2011). "'The Bachelor' bachelorette Jackie Gordon: "I was shocked to go then"". Reality TV World.
- Torgovnick, Kate (August 17, 2011). "Did Ames Brown Ghost Jackie Gordon After "Bachelor Pad"?". The Frisky.
- Carbone, Gina (May 25, 2011). "Bachelor Season 15 Contestant Alli Travis Wanted Craig R. As Bachelor Instead of Brad Womack". Wetpaint. Retrieved June 11, 2014.
- Henning, Sarah (January 4, 2011). "Former KU track athlete, Ottawa native, gets her first rose on ABC’s “The Bachelor”". Lawrence Journal-World. Retrieved January 18, 2015.
- Kwiatkowski, Elizabeth (February 4, 2011). "Exclusive: Marissa May talks about her 'The Bachelor' experience". Reality TV world.
- "Ashley Spivey: "I Was More in Love With Ashley H. Than Brad"". Wetpaint. February 3, 2011.
- "People: Texan Brad Womack back on 'Bachelor'; disturbance at Hulk Hogan's wedding; Charlie Sheen cleared in New York meltdown". The Dallas Morning News. December 16, 2010. Retrieved January 18, 2015.
- "The new Miss Sprint Cup was on this latest season of "The Bachelor."". Nascanner Auto Racing Frequency Pit Stop. February 5, 2011.
- "Madison McKinley Breaks Out the Fangs". Ellen DeGeneres. YouTube.com. 19 January 2011. Retrieved 2013-06-24.
- Kwiatkowski, Elizabeth (January 13, 2011). "'The Bachelor's Melissa Schreiber still confused about her feud". Reality TV World.
- "From the Desk of a Bachelor Beauty". TV Democracy. May 17, 2012.
- "Tampa woman looking for love on 'The Bachelor'". Tampa Bay Online. December 16, 2010. Archived from the original on October 8, 2012. Retrieved January 17, 2015.
- Simmons, Rhonda (December 23, 2010). "CCHS grad competing on 'The Bachelor'". Culpeper Star-Exponent. Retrieved January 18, 2015.
- Dresden, Eric (January 3, 2011). "Saginaw resident doesn't make it past the first round of 'The Bachelor'". Grand Rapids, Michigan: Booth Newspapers. Retrieved January 18, 2015.
- Rizzo, Monica (June 29, 2011). "The Bachelor's Emily Maynard and Brad Womack Split". People. Retrieved January 20, 2013.
- ABC: The Bachelor official site