The Ball (video game)
UK cover art
|Engine||Unreal Engine 3|
|Release date(s)||October 26, 2010|
|Genre(s)||First-person shooter, puzzle|
|Distribution||Online distribution, OnLive|
The Ball is a first-person shooter puzzle video game developed by Teotl Studios and published by Tripwire Interactive in 2010. Originally developed as a mod for Unreal Tournament III, the mod was ported over to the Unreal Development Kit to enable a standalone commercial release. The mod was entered into the Unreal Engine 3 Make Something Unreal contest, and picked up multiple awards, including prizes for Best First-Person Shooter Game Mod, and Second Prize overall.
The ball is a first person shooter with puzzle elements. The player uses a device that can attract or launch a large ball in order to complete puzzles or attack enemies.
- Teotl Studios staff (2009-11-05). "The Ball UDK Demo Released". Teotl Studios. Retrieved 2010-11-29.
- Epic Games staff (2009-08-04). "Phase 3 Winners -$1 Million Intel Make Something Unreal Contest". Epic Games. Retrieved 2010-11-29.
- John Callaham (2010-02-18). "The Haunted wins grand prize in second Make Something Unreal mod contest". Big Download. Retrieved 2010-11-29.
- "The Ball Coming To Ouya".
- "About The ball".
- Metacritic Staff. "The Ball Critic Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 2010-11-29.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Ball.|
|This first-person shooter video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|