The Ball State Daily News
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (October 2008)|
|Owner(s)||Ball State University|
|Headquarters||Muncie, Indiana, USA|
The Ball State Daily News is the student newspaper of Ball State University, located in Muncie, Indiana. The print edition of the newspaper is published Monday through Thursday during the academic year except during exams or vacations. During summer sessions the paper is published Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. The newspaper is available free to students at various locations on the university campus. The paper has a circulation of 8,000.
The Daily News also produces podcasts which have earned recognition from U.S. News and World Report's The Paper Trail, a blog that tracks national campus news. The Paper Trail listed the Daily News' podcasts among the best alternative media outlets in its Best of College Newspapers 2007 poll. Students are also responsible for maintaining the up-to-the-minute Web version of the paper.
The Ball State Daily News traces its roots to 1922, when the paper first published under the name The Easterner.
- "The Ball State Daily News". General Information. Archived from the original on 2008-05-01. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- Ball State University (2011). "Daily News on bsu.edu". Retrieved 10 February 2011.
- OCLC (2011). "WorldCat". Retrieved 10 February 2011.
- "The Easterner: The Birth of Student News at Ball State".
- Ball State Daily News archive, currently including digitized editions from 1922 to 1981