|UCL Bartlett Faculty of the Built Environment|
|Dean||Prof Alan Penn|
|Location||Bloomsbury, Central London, England|
The Bartlett is the Faculty of the Built Environment at University College London in England. University College London created the first chair of architecture in 1841, and the school is named after the original benefactor, Sir Herbert Bartlett.
The Bartlett Faculty of the Built Environment is the UK's largest and leading multidisciplinary faculty of the built environment covering architecture, planning, construction and project management, development planning, environmental design as well as many other specialist fields. It is particularly well known for its architecture and planning schools following the leadership of Sir Peter Cook and Sir Peter Hall respectively in the 1990s. The faculty undertakes research in the built environment, and is known for developing the space syntax theory.
In 2011 the university appointed Frederic Migayrou as the new Bartlett Professor of Architecture. Current professors also include Iain Borden (Architecture & Urban Culture), Adrian Forty (Professor of Architectural History), Colin Fournier (Architecture & Urban Planning), Murray Fraser (Architecture & Global Culture), Stephen Gage (Architecture & Innovative Technology), Christine Hawley (Architectural Studies), Jonathan Hill (Architecture & Visual Theory), CJ Lim (Architecture & Urbanism) and Jane Rendell (Architecture & Art).
The Bartlett's architecture provides courses are validated by the Royal Institute of British Architects, and was listed as the top UK school of architecture in The Guardian's University Guide 2013.
Construction & Project Management
- Sir Leslie Patrick Abercrombie
- Iain Borden, Professor of Architecture & Urban Culture
- Sir Peter Cook
- Richard Llewelyn-Davies, Baron Llewelyn-Davies, Professor of Architecture (1960 to 1969), Professor of Urban Planning and Head of the School of Environmental Studies (1970 to 1975)
- Thomas Leverton Donaldson, first Professor of Architecture at UCL
- Adrian Forty, Professor of Architectural History
- Murray Fraser, Professor of Architecture & Global Culture
- Sir Peter Hall
- Jonathan Hill, Professor of Architecture and Visual Theory
- Bill Hillier, Professor of Architectural and Urban Morphology, creator of Space Syntax
- Otto Königsberger, Professor at the Development Planning Unit
- CJ Lim, Professor of Architecture & Urbanism
- Bob Sheil, Professor of Architecture, Design through Making, Director of Sixteen*(makers)
- Alan Penn, Professor of Architectural and Urban Computing and Dean of Faculty
- About Us, The Bartlett.
- "UCL Bartlett voted best UK school of architecture – again". University College London. 2 June 2009. Retrieved January 3, 2012.
- Hinde, Julia, Londoners develop own space craft, Times Higher Education Supplement, 17 April 1998.
- Press release, University College London, 19 January 2011.
- RIBA Schools validation list, 2010.
- "University guide 2013: league table for architecture". The Guardian. 22 May 2012. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- Building Design 14 June 2011.
- "Contacts". The Bartlett School of Construction & Project Management, University College London. Retrieved January 3, 2012.