The Base (film)
|Directed by||Mark L. Lester|
|Produced by||Dana Dubovsky
Brian R. Etting
Mark L. Lester
|Written by||Jeff Albert
|Based on||Story by Craig J. Nevius|
|Music by||Paul Zaza|
|Edited by||David Berlatsky|
|Distributed by||Universal Studios|
|Running time||93 minutes|
The Base is a 1999 action/thriller film written by Jeff Albert and Hesh Rephun, produced by Dana Dubosky and Mark L. Lester, directed by Mark L. Lester and starring Mark Dacascos, Tim Abell and Paula Trickey.
Tagline: One Man. The Strength of an Army.
When an army operations officer is gunned down on the Fort Tillman Army Base near the US-Mexican border, the Pentagon sends their top Army Intelligence officer—Major John Murphy (Mark Dacascos) -- to assume a bent undercover identity in order to gain the trust of corrupt soldiers at Fort Tillman.
Assigned to guard the USA's anti-drug interests in the area, disgruntled Sgt. Mike Gammon (Tim Abell) instead attempts to take over the drug business along the Mexican border, and Gammon is working for General Albert Becker (Frederick Coffin).
Feeling under appreciated by his government, Gammon begins killing drug couriers, appropriates their goods, and sets his crew to work distributing the drugs in Los Angeles.
As Murphy penetrates Gammon's inner circle, the body count begins to rise.
- Mark Dacascos: Maj. John Murphy / Cpl. John Dalton
- Tim Abell: Sgt. Mike Gammon
- Paula Trickey: Lt. Kelly Andrews
- Noah Blake: Cpl. Castellano
- Dwayne Macopson: Cpl. Knox
- Christian Bocher: Cpl. Henderson
- Madison Mason: Gen. Leo Oxenberg
- Frederick Coffin: Gen. Albert Becker
- Marco Rodríguez: Rosato
- Joe Renteria: Ray
- Louis Anthony Perez: Santos
- Josh Cruze: Pablo (as Josh Cruz)
- Alex Carl: Lt. Stephen Doyle
- Tom Schultz: Commando 1
- Brian Hite: Commando 2
- Joey Gardener: Commando 3
- Thomas Rosales Jr.: Driver
- Ramiro González: Rosato Drug Runner
- Chuck Borden: Receptionist
- Scott Leva: Front Gate MP #1
|This article about an action thriller film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|