|Broadcast area||Poole, and surrounding area|
|Slogan||Community Radio for Poole|
|First air date||8 November 2008|
Hot Radio is a community radio station for Poole, and the surrounding areas offering music and local information. The station started life as "The Bay 102.8" and was awarded a community radio licence by Ofcom in 2007 and began broadcasting at 12:00am on 8 November 2008. Community Radio stations in the UK are required to provide a social gain to the community they serve. Hot Radio is one of a growing number of such stations in the UK.
Based in Poole, Hot radio provides national news from Sky every hour & also provides local news & sport weekdays from 7am to 7pm, with regular whats on, travel & local information The station plays a mix of music from the 60's to today during normal daytime output. Hot radio also provides specialist programming evenings & weekends, including a speech based business programme, Jazz, 60's rock n roll, speech based film show, soul, dance, country, a student show & a Saturday afternoon speech heavy sports show. The station has also provided outside broadcasts from the Bournemouth Air Festival every year.
Hot Radio is also the official radio partner for Poole Town Football Club and provides live and exclusive match commentary of all games.
On 8 November 2013, Hot Radio was awarded a 5-year extension by ofcom to continue providing community radio to Poole & the surrounding area.
Current Presenters & Volunteers
- Joannah Bishop - Sales Director/Station Manager
- Claire Edwards - Programme Controller
- Glen Mitchell - Programming/Traffic Manager
- Jordan Clark - News & Sport Journalist/Commentator
- Paul Stevens - Hot Breakfast
- Geoff Carter - The Morning Show
- Glen Mitchell - The Afternoon Show
- Claire Edwards - Hot Drive Home
- Emma Green - The Sunday Roast
- Colin Byrne - The Stadium/The Student Show
- Chris Mower - Sunday Mornings
- Tony 'Pony' Steel - Friday Late Show
- Daniel Roth - The Rock Out
- Stephanie Thorne - Sunday Night Soul Revival
- Simon Sinfield - The House Session
- Gerald Somers - The Late Show
|This article about a radio station in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|