The Beat Bully
|The Beat Bully|
|Birth name||Anthony Tucker|
|Also known as||Tone Beats|
|Origin||Chester, Pennsylvania, U.S.|
|Labels||NightRydas Productions, YMCMB|
|Associated acts||Da Night Rydas, Rick Ross, Meek Mill, DJ Khaled|
Anthony Tucker, better known as The Beat Bully or Tone Beats, is an American record producer from Chester, Pennsylvania. His older brother Orlando Tucker, is also a notable record producer under the name, Jahlil Beats. He is also a member of the production team Da Night Rydas. The Beat Bully has produced for rappers such as Meek Mill, Rick Ross, Drake, The Game, DJ Khaled, Bow Wow, and French Montana, among others. He is best known for producing Rick Ross' "Stay Schemin'" and Meek Mill's "House Party".
- 1 Musical career
- 2 Production style
- 3 Production discography
- 3.1 Singles produced
- 3.2 2011
- 3.3 2012
- 3.4 2013
- 3.5 2014
- 4 References
- 5 External links
The Beat Bully first begun producing at the age of 13, along with his brother Jahlil Beats. He originally went by the production alias Tone Beats, but he changed it to The Beat Bully. He told XXL, "people used to just say I bullied the beats, so I put Beat Bully together." The Beat Bully begun taking production seriously in 2009, and he was then connected with rapper Meek Mill through Jahlil Beats. He then produced "I Want It All", a Lou Williams and Meek Mill song that was his first professionally recorded song. Then the second song he produced for Mill would be "House Party" "House Party" would peak at number 45 on the US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. He would end up producing three tracks on Meek Mill's breakout mixtape Dreamchasers. Shortly after he formed the production team Da Night Rydas with Kenoe, The Beat Bully, Snizzy and Crack Coke. The team has since produced for 2 Chainz, Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne.
His second major production placement would be on Rick Ross' "Stay Schemin'", which features French Montana and Drake. He originally gave the beat to Bow Wow, but The Beat Bully would then pass it on to Rick Ross. In early 2012, The Beat Bully begun being managed by Young Money Entertainment president Mack Maine. On July 11, 2012, Birdman announced that he had signed The Beat Bully to Cash Money Records as a producer. Over 2012, The Beat Bully produced Rick Ross' "So Sophisticated" the second single from God Forgives, I Don't, and contributed production to DJ Khaled's Kiss The Ring and Meek Mill's debut album Dreams & Nightmares. In 2013, The Beat Bully produced the promotional singles "Fuck What Happens Tonight" by French Montana and "I Feel Like Pac, I Feel Like Biggie" by DJ Khaled.
(Meek Mill featuring Young Chris)
(Rick Ross featuring Drake and French Montana)
(Rick Ross featuring Meek Mill)
|104||82||—||God Forgives, I Don't|
Meek Mill - Dreamchasers 2
Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't
- 10. "So Sophisticated" (feat. Meek Mill)
- 01. "God Speed"
- 09. "Tonight"
- 08. "I Did It For My Dawgz" (feat. Rick Ross, Meek Mill, French Montana, Jadakiss)
Meek Mill - Dreams & Nightmares
- 01. "Dreams & Nightmares"
- 05. "Eat The Cake" (feat. Lil Wayne)
- 11. "I Try"
Meek Mill - Dreamchasers 3
- 08. "Hip Hop"
- 11. "Heaven or Hell" (featuring Jadakiss and Guordan Banks)
DJ Khaled - Suffering from Success
- 03. "I Feel Like Pac/I Feel Like Biggie" (featuring Diddy, Meek Mill, T.I., Swizz Beatz, and Rick Ross)
Ace Hood - Starvation 2
- 08. "Want 4 Nothing"
Ace Hood - Starvation III
- 04. "Jamaica"
- 16. "On Me" (featuring Jeezy)
- Black Metaphor Breaks Down His Hits for Meek Mill, Young Jeezy and More
- YMCMB Signed Chester, PA's Producer, The Beat Bully
- Brothers Jahlil and Tone Beats Are Making Beats for the Biggest Names in the Game
- 25 New Producers To Watch Out For
- "Brothers Jahlil and Tone Beats Are Making Beats for the Biggest Names in the Game | Music Cover Story | Music". Philadelphia Weekly. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- "Beat Bully Talks Producing "Stay Schemin'" for Rick Ross & "House Party" for Meek Mill - XXL". Xxlmag.com. 2012-08-02. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- "Meek Mill - Chart history". Billboard. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- "V Exclusive! Kenoe and Tone The Beat Bully Talk 'GFID' Production, Upcoming Projects and Why The Streets Love MMG". Vibe. 2012-08-03. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- "The Beat Bully — 25 New Producers To Watch Out For". Complex. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- Vasquez, Andres (2012-02-27). "Bow Wow Says He Had Rick Ross' "Stay Schemin'" Beat First | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales". HipHop DX. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- "HipHopSince1987 – YMCMB Signed Chester, Pa's Producer, The Beat Bully". Hiphopsince1987.com. 2012-07-12. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- "iStandard Producers Weigh In On XXL's 2013 Freshman Producers List - Page 15 of 16 - XXL". Xxlmag.com. 2013-05-01. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- Omarion Follow @1Omarion . "Omarion ft. Wale - M.I.A Music Video | Listen". Djbooth.net. Retrieved 2013-11-08.