The Beatles' Long Tall Sally
|The Beatles' Long Tall Sally|
|Studio album by The Beatles|
|Released||11 May 1964|
|Recorded||1963, EMI Studios, London|
|Genre||Rock, rock and roll|
|The Beatles Canadian chronology|
After the release of this album, Beatles' records in Canada would match the group's United States releases, starting with the United Artists version of the A Hard Day's Night album, and, on Capitol, Something New. This was done under orders from Capitol president Alan W. Livingston. Earlier American Beatle album releases were also issued in Canada.
The cover design is almost identical to the US release The Beatles' Second Album.
All songs written by Lennon–McCartney, except where noted.
- Side one
- "I Want to Hold Your Hand" - 2:24
- "I Saw Her Standing There" - 2:50
- "You've Really Got a Hold on Me" (Smokey Robinson) - 3:00
- "Devil in Her Heart" (Richard P. Drapkin) - 2:28
- "Roll Over Beethoven" (Chuck Berry) - 2:46
- "Misery" - 1:48
- Side two
- "Long Tall Sally" (Enotris Johnson, Richard Penniman, Robert Blackwell) - 2:03
- "I Call Your Name" - 2:10
- "Please Mister Postman" (Robert Bateman, Georgia Dobbins, William Garrett, Fred Gorman, Brian Holland) - 2:37
- "This Boy" - 2:11
- "I'll Get You" - 2:04
- "You Can't Do That" - 2:38
|Canada (Music Canada)||Gold||50,000^|
^shipments figures based on certification alone
The album was deleted in 1967 but was reissued in 1971 along with the two other unique Canadian Beatles albums in Capitol's "6000 Series". The album was issued in stereo for the first time in 1976.
- "Butcher cover, Canadian - Paul White Letter". Rarebeatles.com. Retrieved 2011-11-23.
- "Canadian album certifications – The Beatles – Long Tall Sally". Music Canada. Retrieved 15 September 2013.