The Best of Dottie West
|The Best of Dottie West|
|Greatest hits album by Dottie West|
|Producer||Randy Goodrum & Brent Maher|
|Dottie West chronology|
The Best of Dottie West was a Liberty Records album release in 1984. The album was issued during Dottie West's final months with the label.
This album is an overview of all of Dottie West's biggest hits under Liberty records from 1979 to 1984. All ten tracks were top 20 hits for West, four of them number one songs, her solo hits "A Lesson in Leavin'" and "Are You Happy Baby", plus two duets with Kenny Rogers ("What Are We Doin' in Love" and "All I Ever Need is You"). The album, however, did not chart due to not having a current hit single to promote it. Later in 1984, West signed with Permian Records and released her final album, "Just Dottie".
- "What Are We Doin' in Love" (with Kenny Rogers)
- "It's High Time"
- "'Til I Can Make It on My Own" (with Kenny Rogers)
- "Leavin's for Unbelivers"
- "All I Ever Need Is You" (with Kenny Rogers)
- "A Lesson in Leaving"
- "You Pick Me Up and Put Me Down"
- "Are You Happy Baby"
- "(I'm Gonna) Put You Back on the Rack"
- "Together Again" (with Kenny Rogers)