Maurice Bucaille (19 July 1920 in Pont-L'Eveque, France- 17 February 1998), son of Maurice and Marie (James) Bucaille, was a French medical doctor, member of the French Society of Egyptology, and an author. Bucaille practiced medicine from 1945–82 and was a specialist in gastroenterology. In 1973, Bucaille was appointed family physician to King Faisal of Saudi Arabia. Another of his patients at the time included members of the family of then President of Egypt, Anwar Sadat.
The Bible, The Qur'an and Science 
In 1976 Bucaille published his book, The Bible, The Qur'an and Science which argued that the Qur'an contains no statements contradicting established scientific facts. Bucaille argued that the Qur'an is in agreement with scientific facts, while the Bible is not. He states that in Islam, science and religion have always been “twin sisters” (vii). According to Bucaille, there are monumental errors of science in the Bible and not a single error in the Qur'an. Bucaille's belief is that the Qur'an's descriptions of natural phenomena make it compatible with modern science. Bucaille concludes that the Qur'an is the words of God.
Bucaille argues that the Old Testament has been distorted because of numerous translations and corrections as it was transmitted orally. He highlights, in his words, “numerous disagreements and repetitions”, in the Old Testament and the Gospels. In his analysis, Bucaille claims he makes use of many propositions of Biblical criticism, such as the documentary hypothesis. .
Rebuttal of Bucaillist theories 
Maurice Bucaille’s concordist theories have faced some criticism. William F. Campbell maintains that Maurice Bucaille does not evaluate the Qur’an with the same standards he uses to judge the Bible. Indeed, Bucaille demands that the Bible comply with 20th century scientific language, while he finds acceptable that the Qur’an isn’t written with such scientific rigor, because the Qur’an, as he writes: “is expressed in a language that suits farmers or nomads of the Arabic peninsula”. Thus, he claims Bucaille is not objective.
- What is the Origin of Man?. Islamic Book Service. 2005. p. 228. ISBN 81-7231-293-8.
- La Bible, le Coran et la Science : Les Écritures Saintes examinées à la lumière des connaissances modernes, Seghers 1976, (ISBN 978-2221501535), Pocket 2003, (ISBN 978-2266131032)
- Les Momies des pharaons et la médecine, Séguier, 1987 (ISBN 2906284475). Mummies of the Pharaohs: Modern Medical Investigations by Maurice Bucaille. Translated by Alastair D. Pannell and the author. Illustrated. 236 pp. New York: St. Martin's Press.
- Réflexions sur le Coran, Seghers, (Reflections on the Koran) 1989 (ISBN 2232101487).
- L'homme d'où vient-il? Les réponses de la science et des Écritures Saintes (Man where is he coming from? The responses of science and Scripture), Seghers, 1980 7ème éd.(ISBN 2221007816).
- Moïse et Pharaon ; Les Hébreux en Egypte ; (Moses and Pharaoh, The Hebrews in Egypt) Quelles concordances de Livres saints avec l'Histoire, Seghers, 1995 (ISBN 2-232-10466-4).
- Galegroup Biography Resource Center
- New York Times review of Mummies of the Pharaohs: Modern Medical Investigations by Maurice Bucaille. Translated by Alastair D. Pannell and the author. Illustrated. 236 pp. New York: St. Martin's Press. 
- "Episode 3: The Islamic world is witnessing a trend for seeking 'scientific miracles' in the Qur'an". Islam and Science. Episode 3. 2nd March 2009.
- Encyclopaedia of the history of science, technology, and medicine in non-western cultures, ed. Helaine Selin, retrieved 28 March 2011
- Explorations in Islamic science Ziauddin Sardar, (1989), retrieved 28 March 2011
- An illusion of harmony: science and religion in Islam (2007) Taner Edis, retrieved 28 March 2011
- (William F. Campbell 1994, p. 32.)
- (William F. Campbell 1994, p. 29.)
- Snakes from Staves? Science, Scriptures and the Supernatural in Maurice Bucaille by S. Bigliardi (A philosophical criticism of Bucaille's theories)
- Biography from Center for Islam and Science
- The Quran and Modern Science by Dr. Maurice Bucaille Edited by Dr. A. A. B. Philips
- Bible,Quran and Science by Dr. Maurice Bucaille Translated by Alastair D. Pannell and the Author