The Big Band Sound of Thad Jones/Mel Lewis featuring Miss Ruth Brown
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Big Band Sound of Thad Jones/Mel Lewis featuring Miss Ruth Brown|
|Studio album by Ruth Brown, Thad Jones/Mel Lewis Jazz Orchestra|
|Recorded||June–July 1968, Hollywood|
|Thad Jones / Mel Lewis Jazz Orchestra chronology|
|Ruth Brown chronology|
|Alternative cover / title|
The Big Band Sound of Thad Jones/Mel Lewis featuring Miss Ruth Brown, also released as Fine Brown Frame, is a 1968 Solid State Records recording of vocalist Ruth Brown with the Thad Jones/Mel Lewis Orchestra.
LP side A:
- "Yes Sir, That's My Baby"
- "Trouble in Mind"
- "Sonny Boy"
- "Bye Bye Blackbird"
- "I'm Gonna Move To The Outskirts Of Town"
LP side B:
- Ruth Brown – vocals
- Thad Jones – flugelhorn
- Jerome Richardson – alto saxophone
- Jerry Dodgion – alto saxophone
- Eddie Daniels – tenor saxophone
- Seldon Powell – tenor saxophone
- Pepper Adams – baritone saxophone
- Snooky Young – trumpet
- Richard Williams – trumpet
- Jimmy Nottingham – trumpet
- Danny Moore – trumpet
- Bill Berry – trumpet
- Garnett Brown – trombone
- Jimmy Knepper – trombone
- Cliff Heather – trombone
- Jimmy Cleveland – trombone
- Roland Hanna – piano
- Richard Davis – bass
- Mel Lewis – drums
- Solid State SS-18041
- The Big Band Sound of Thad Jones/Mel Lewis featuring Miss Ruth Brown at