The Bill Cunningham Show
|The Bill Cunningham Show|
|Presented by||Bill Cunningham|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||491|
|Executive producer(s)||Kim Brechka|
|Running time||42 minutes|
|Production company(s)||ITV Studios America|
|Original channel||The CW
|Picture format||480i (16:9 SDTV)|
|Original release||September 19, 2011– present|
The Bill Cunningham Show is an American talk show that is hosted by radio host Bill Cunningham. The television show airs on The CW as part of that network's "Daytime" block. The Bill Cunningham Show debuted on September 19, 2011, and is produced by ITV Studios America. In the first season before the move to the CW, the program had limited distribution, airing only on Tribune Broadcasting owned stations's, such as KAUT-TV/Oklahoma City, WGNT/Norfolk, and Raycom Media-owned WXIX in Cunningham's hometown of Cincinnati.
In February 2012, The CW announced that the program would be distributed nationwide for the 2012–13 season, as part of the network's CW Daytime lineup; the series made its CW debut on September 17, 2012, replacing Dr. Drew's Lifechangers.
In November 2013, The Bill Cunningham Show was renewed for a fourth season.
The series offers the traditional tabloid-style conflict-resolution format with Cunningham's conservative point of view on the subjects presented. An expert weighs-in and comments with questions and comments from audience members. The hour-long show is taped in front of a live audience at NEP Broadcasting's Penn Studios. The show is produced by former Montel producer Kim Brechka.
In New York City, where the show airs locally on CW affiliate WPIX, The Bill Cunningham Show averaged a 0.7 in adults 18–49 in January — better than any other talk show in the market, across all timeslots. On February 9, 2012, it won its time slot with a 1.2 rating in adults 25–54 (it also finished first in that time slot in the demo in Los Angeles and Dallas). During the second week of the February 2012 sweeps period (through February 9), airings of The Bill Cunningham Show on WPIX averaged a 1.4 household rating.
- "The Bill Cunningham Show Episodes". TV Guide. Retrieved February 15, 2014.
- "New Season, New Timeslots" from Cincinnati Enquirer (August 31, 2011)
- Albiniak, Paige (February 10, 2012). "Exclusive: Tribune's 'Bill Cunningham' to Take Over CW's Daytime Slot This Fall; Conflict talker will air at 3 p.m. across the country". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved February 10, 2012.
- Albiniak, Paige (November 6, 2013). "Exclusive: CW, Tribune Renew 'Bill Cunningham' for Season Four". Broadcasting & Cable. NewBay Media, LLC. Retrieved December 14, 2013.
- "The Bill Cunningham Show - FAQ". Tribune Company. Retrieved December 14, 2013.
- Thielman, Sam. "'Bill Cunningham Show' enters syndication". Variety. Retrieved May 2, 2012.
- Starr, Michael (February 14, 2012). "Starr Report". Retrieved May 2, 2012.