The Bishop David Brown School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011)|
|DfE URN||125266 Tables|
The Bishop David Brown School is a mixed comprehensive secondary school for students aged 11 to 16 years, in Woking, Surrey, England. Its former name is Sheerwater Secondary School. In 1982 Sheerwater Secondary School merged with the Queen Elizabeth II School and changed its name to the Bishop David Brown School. The school is commonly referred to as BDB
The 2007 OFSTED inspection states "The school is inspiring, motivating and caring". The school, previously in special measures, was rated as "Good" at that time. The most recent inspection in May 2011 rated the school as Grade 3 - Satisfactory.
Notable former pupils
- Rick Buckler - drummer with The Jam
- Bruce Foxton - bass player with The Jam
- Jilly Johnson - an early Page 3 Girl
- Rick Parfitt - guitarist with Status Quo
- Richard Shaw - footballer Crystal Palace
- Richard Short - actor
- Paul Weller - member of The Jam
- "Edubase: Establishment: The Bishop David Brown School". Department for Education. Retrieved 2011-06-30.
- "Inspection Report - The Bishop David Brown School". Ofsted. Retrieved 2011-06-30.
- "Jam from cover to cover". Get Surrey. Retrieved 2011-06-30.
- "The Jam the band". BBC. Retrieved 2011-06-30.
|This Surrey school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|