The Black Ryder
|The Black Ryder|
|Instruments||Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards, Percussion|
|Labels||The Anti-Machine Machine / EMI in Australia|
|Associated acts||The Morning After Girls, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Brian Jonestown Massacre|
Scott Von Ryper
Their debut album Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride was released on 6 November 2009 through The Anti-Machine Machine / EMI Music in Australia, and also through Mexican Summer Records on 21 September 2010.
The Black Ryder was formed in 2007 by founding members Aimee Nash (Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards, Percussion) and Scott Von Ryper (Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Keyboards, Percussion) after their exit from, The Morning After Girls.
The Black Ryder is essentially a duo. Guest artists they have used include:
- Gregg Foreman Cat Power/ Pink Mountaintops
- Malia James Dirty Laundry
- Ricky Maymi Brian Jonestown Massacre
- Leah Shapiro Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
- Peter Hayes Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
- Hayden Scott Gram Rabbit
- Graham Bonnar Swervedriver/ The Brian Jonestown Massacre
- Jules Ferrari The Dolly Rocker Movement
- Archi Read (Doomfoxx)
- Luke O'Farrell The Laurels
- Adam Edwards Wolf & Cub
- Kate Wilson The Laurels / The Holy Soul
Their track,Sweet Come Down which is taken from their debut album is accompanied by a video which was directed by Michael Spiccia. Michael Spiccia has also directed film clips for Jet and End Of Fashion.
2010 saw the US release of "Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride" on Mexican Summer. The band supported The Cult in Australia in May 2010 & continued touring in the USA with The Cult after relocating to Los Angeles in September 2010. Nash married Ian Astbury, the singer of The Cult, in a Las Vegas ceremony in May 2012.
Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride - 6 November 2009 (The Anti-Machine Machine / EMI MUSIC AUSTRALIA / Mexican Summer)
Sweet Come Down - Taken from the album Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride Directed by Michael Spiccia
Let It Go - Turn On Your Mind (Psilocybin Sounds – UK) Release Date: 1 March 2007
Let It Go - Dead Bees Record Sampler # 6 (Dead Bees records - France) Release Date: 1 May 2007
Let It Go and Rise - Burn Your Fingers on the Sun (Darkland Recordings / Off the Hip – Australia) Release Date: 1 January 2008
- The Black Ryder to release debut album on own label, ‘The Anti-Machine Machine’ via EMI Music - Music News, Reviews, Interviews and Culture - Music Feeds
- Laudadio, Marisa; Dodd, Johnny (29 May 2012). "The Cult's Ian Astbury Weds in Las Vegas". People. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- Welcome - Psyilocybin Sounds
- DeadBees website
- Off The Hip - Australia's home of independent garage rock 'n roll