The Border Surrender
|The Border Surrender|
'Oh Mary' single launch at The Old Queens Head, Angel, London on November 16, 2010.
|Genres||Rock, Americana, Folk, Blues, Blues Rock|
|Labels||Smoky Carrot Records|
|Members||Keith Austin (vocals & guitar)
Simon Sheilds (vocals, guitar, bass guitar & mandolin)
Johnny Manning (keyboards, melodica, glockenspiel & accordion)
Mark Austin (drums & vocals)
The Border Surrender are an English rock band based in North London. The band members are Keith Austin (vocals and guitar), Simon Shields (vocals, guitar, bass guitar and mandolin), Johnny Manning (keyboards, melodica, glockenspiel & accordion) and Mark Austin (drums and vocals). They are signed under Smoky Carrot Records.
The band perform energetic live performances with multiple instrument changes between the four members. One of their first filmed live performances was on BalconyTV London., the leading online viral music show, performing 'Oh Mary'. across the lock in Camden Town.
In the media
Their first EP 'Blood in the Snow' was released in April 2009 receiving positive industry reviews including:
- The Word (magazine).
- The Word (magazine) - Now Hear This, "15 brand-new Tracks picked by The Word".
- Americana UK.
- Ray-Ban Rooms.
- London Tour Dates Magazine.
- Oh, Inverted World.
Their most recent release is the new single 'Oh Mary' receiving further positive industry reviews including:
- Music Week.
- The Ruckus.
- Loud Horizon.
- Nostalgia for Infinity.
- Losing Today.
- The Camden Store.
A snapshot of radio plays include:
- Smoky Carrot Records
- Balcony TV
- 'Oh Mary' Balcony TV, July 2010.
- The Word Magazine, July 2010.
- The Word - Now Hear This, July 2010.
- Americana UK, March 2010.
- Rayban Rooms, 2010.
- London Tour Dates, Page 2, April 2010.
- Oh, Inverted World, May 2010.
- Music Week, 19 November 2010.
- The Ruckus, October 2010.
- Loud Horizon, 24 November 2010.
- Nostalgia for Infinity, 16 November 2010.
- Losing Today, 18 November 2010.
- The Camden Store, October 2010.
- BBC Radio 2, April 2010.
- BBC 6 Music, April 2010.