The Boss of It All
|The Boss of It All|
Danish theatrical movie poster
|Directed by||Lars von Trier|
|Produced by||Meta Louise Foldager
|Written by||Lars von Trier|
Friðrik Þór Friðriksson
|Release dates||8 December 2006|
|Running time||99 min.|
The owner of an IT company wishes to sell it. But, for years, he has pretended that the real boss lives in America and communicates with the staff only by e-mail. That way, all the unpopular decisions can be attributed to the absentee manager, while all the popular ones to him directly. But now, the prospective buyer insists on meeting the big boss in person. In a panic, the owner hires a failed, over-intellectualizing actor to portray this imaginary boss, and the actor proceeds to improvise all his lines, to the consternation of both the buyer and the company staff, who finally get to meet their ghostly boss.
- Jens Albinus as The Boss of It All / Kristoffer / Svend E
- Peter Gantzler as Ravn
- Friðrik Þór Friðriksson as Finnur
- Benedikt Erlingsson as Interpreter
- Iben Hjejle as Lise
- Henrik Prip as Nalle
- Mia Lyhne as Heidi A.
- Casper Christensen as Gorm
- Louise Mieritz as Mette
- Jean-Marc Barr as Spencer
- Sofie Gråbøl as Kisser
- Anders Hove as Jokumsen
The reaction to the film has been rather positive. Scoring a 75% average on Rotten Tomatoes, it has become von Trier's most critically acclaimed work since 1996's Breaking the Waves scored an 84% average. The film was also nominated for two Bodil Awards, three Robert Festival Honours and the Golden Seashell at the San Sebastián International Film Festival. Mia Lyhne won the best supporting actress award at the Zulu Awards in 2007.
- Hjort, Mette; Jorholt, Eva; Redvall, Eva Novrup (2010). The Danish Directors 2: Dialogues on the New Danish Fiction Cinema. Intellect Books. p. 295. ISBN 978-1-84150-271-7. Retrieved 14 October 2010.
- The Boss of It All at the Internet Movie Database
- The Boss of It All at Rotten Tomatoes
- The Director Interviews: Lars von Trier, The Boss of It All at Filmmaker Magazine
- 'I'm a control freak – but I was not in control' – interview with von Trier
- Slave to cinema – interview with von Trier
|This film article about a 2000s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to Danish film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|