The Burning Hell (band)
|The Burning Hell|
Mathias Kom photographed by Angus Rowe MacPherson
|Origin||Peterborough, Ontario, Canada|
|Labels||(weewerk), Rough Trade|
|Associated acts||Nick Ferrio and His Feelings
Construction & Destruction
The Barmitzvah Brothers
The Burning Hell is the songwriting project of Mathias Kom and band members fluctuate, and frequently guests may be added to the mix. However, the touring lineup since 2011 has consistently been Kom, Ariel Sharratt (clarinet), Darren Browne (guitar), Nick Ferrio (bass) and Jake Nicoll (drums).
Known for their strong live show and literate and humorous lyrics, Kom has been described by The Globe and Mail as Canada's "Randy Newman and Cole Porter rolled into one, with one eye on the coming apocalypse and another on the neck of his ukulele."
In 2012 the band played 10 shows between the Netherlands and Slovenia in twenty-four hours. The band dedicated the record to DIY scenes and networks worldwide. A film crew accompanied the band and documented the trip.
Singles and EPs
- "Grave Situation Part One" (2008) split 7" with Jenny Omnichord
- "The Burning Hell and Construction & Destruction" (2009) split 7" with Construction & Destruction
- "Hear Some Evil" (2011) split 7" with Wax Mannequin
- "Old, New, Borrowed, Blue" (2013) 10" EP
- Tick Tock (2006)
- Happy Birthday (2008)
- Baby (2009)
- This Charmed Life (2010)
- Flux Capacitor (2011)
- People (2013)
- Barclay, Michael."The Burning Hell's Apocalypso", Exclaim!, April 2009.
- "TheRecord - GSP not a clear-cut winner in big UFC showdown". News.therecord.com. 2011-05-01. Retrieved 2012-03-18.
- Carla Gillis. "The Burning Hell | NOW Magazine". Nowtoronto.com. Retrieved 2012-03-18.
- "This page is available to GlobePlus subscribers". Theglobeandmail.com. Retrieved 2012-03-18.
- "Local musician part of world record". http://www.thetelegram.com. 2012-08-29. Retrieved 2012-09-27.