The Cairns Post is a major News Corporation newspaper in Far North Queensland that exclusively serves the Cairns area. It has daily coverage on local, state, national and world news, plus a wide range of sections and liftouts covering health, beauty, cars and lifestyle.
It is the oldest business in Cairns and has been operating continuously for more than a century.
A prior newspaper that was also called The Cairns Post was first published on 10 May 1883. It was founded by Frederick Thomas Wimble. It was published weekly until 1888 then bi-weekly until 1893.
- ^ The Cairns Post, 5 July 1909
- ^ "The Cairns Post". Cairns.com.au. Retrieved 2013-02-12.
- ^ McQueen, Humphrey. "Wimble, Frederick Thomas (1846–1936) – Biographical Entry". Australian Dictionary of Biography. Adbonline.anu.edu.au. Retrieved 2013-02-12.
- ^ "The Knob, A History of Yorkeys Knob" by Mary T Williams, published in October 1986
- ^ Rod Kirkpatrick "The First Cairns Post" chs bulletins 282/283 June/July 1983
Coordinates: 16°55′20″S 145°46′41″E / 16.92222°S 145.77806°E