The Carte Noire Readers
Released in July 2009, The Carte Noire Readers is a series of online Jackanory style films promoting the French coffee brand Carte Noire. It stars British actors Dominic West, Greg Wise and Dan Stevens reading love scenes from a variety of classic and modern Penguin novels.
In March 2010 a new series was released featuring Joseph Fiennes to celebrate the launch of Carte Noire's new cappuccino product. The 10 films were released over a series of weeks, beginning with readings of Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen, The Brightest Star in the Sky by Marian Keyes and Presumed Innocent by Scott Turow.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen read by Dominic West
- Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy read by Greg Wise
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens read by Dan Stevens
- High Fidelity by Nick Hornby read by Dominic West
- A Guide to the Birds of East Africa by Nicholas Drayson read by Greg Wise
- Lady Chatterley's Lover by D. H. Lawrence read by Dominic West
- The Rotters' Club by Jonathan Coe read by Dan Stevens
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen read by Joseph Fiennes
- The Brightest Star in the Sky by Marian Keyes read by Joseph Fiennes
- Presumed Innocent by Scott Turow read by Joseph Fiennes
- "Dominic West reads sexy scenes". Mirror.co.uk. 8 July 2009. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- Orr, Gillian (19 March 2010). "Observations: Joseph Fiennes is the new face of Carte Noire Readers". Independent.co.uk. Retrieved 6 February 2012.