The Cave of the Silken Web (1927 film)
|The Cave of the Silken Web|
|Directed by||Dan Duyu|
|Screenplay by||Guan Ji'an|
|Based on||Journey to the West
by Wu Cheng'en
|Running time||60 min|
The Cave of the Silken Web (盘丝洞, Pan Si Dong) aka. Journey to the West - the Spiders Cave (西游记-盘丝洞) aka. Spiders is a 1927 Chinese film directed by Dan Duyu and starring Yin Mingzhu as the first spider spirit. It is based on an episode of the shenmo fantasy novel Journey to the West, a Chinese literary classic written in the Ming Dynasty.
The ten-reel silent film was produced by Shanghai Yingxi Company.
- Yin Mingzhu as first spider spirit
- He Rongzhu as man in white
- Jiang Meikang as Xuanzang
- Zhou Hongquan as Zhu Bajie
- Dan Erchun as Sha Wujing
- Xia Peizhen as second spider spirit
- Chen Baoqi as Yellow Flower Daoist spirit
- Wu Wenchao as Sun Wukong
- Zhan Jiali as Sha Heshang
The film was followed by a sequel in 1930: The Cave of the Silken Web II (续盘丝洞, Xu Pan Si Dong) aka. Spiders II, also directed by Dan Duyu and starring Yin Mingzhu.
An original copy of The Cave of the Silken Web was discovered in the archives of the National Library in Mo i Rana, Norway. The film will be presented at the Films from the South 2013 festival in Oslo. The sequel is believed to be a lost film.
- "《The Cave of the Silken Web》(1927)". A Journal of Chinese Film History. The Chinese Mirror. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "The Cave of the Silken Web - Film fra Sør". web page. Films from the South 2013. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "《The Cave of the Silken Web II》(1930)". A Journal of Chinese Film History. The Chinese Mirror. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- Anders Grønneberg (13 October 2013). "Sensasjonell filmskatt funnet i Norge". Dagbladet (in Norwegian). Retrieved 13 October 2013.
- Lyndsey Smith (7 October 2013). "Lost Chinese film found in Norway". Retrieved 13 October 2013.
- "Yin Mingzhu (Pearl Ing): "Miss FF"". A Journal of Chinese Film History. The Chinese Mirror. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
|This article related to Chinese film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|