The Change (album)
|Studio album by Marie Fredriksson|
|Released||Sweden 10 October 2004
South Africa 19 November 2004
Brazil 20 December 2004
Taiwan 23 December 2004
Japan 13 January 2005
|Label||Mary Jane/Amelia Music AB
|Marie Fredriksson chronology|
The Change is the sixth album by Swedish pop singer and songwriter Marie Fredriksson, and her solo debut in English. Written and recorded during two years of medication and darkness after the removal of a brain tumour in September 2002. Features the singles "2nd Chance", "All About You" and "A Table In The Sun", as well as other songs full of vital power and confidence that came to life after Marie transformed sorrow and pain into lyrics and music together with her husband Mikael Bolyos.
This album has been released with the Copy Control protection system in some regions.
The artwork of the album were actually sketches that were drawn by Marrie Fredriksson herself in 2002 when she had cancer and a brain tumour at that time. She was drawing and sketching at a table in her backyard on a Friday afternoon.
All songs written by Marie Fredriksson, except where noted.
- "The Change" - 4:08
- "2nd Chance" - 3:24
- "All You've Gotta Do Is Feel" (Mikael Bolyos) - 4:05
- "April Snow" - 4:37
- "Love 2 Live" (Mikael Bolyos, Gary T'to) - 2:55
- "Mother" (Mikael Bolyos) - 5:11
- "Many Times" (Mikael Bolyos) - 3:56
- "All About You" (Mikael Bolyos) - 3:32
- "The Good Life" ('La belle vie') (Sacha Distel, Jack Reardon - Jean Brousolle) - 3:59
- "The Bad Moon" - 4:56
- "A Table in the Sun" - 4:08
- "The Change - Orchestra" - 4:39
- "April Snow" (Alternative version) (Marie Fredriksson) - 4:34
B-side to "All About You"
Formats and release-dates
- Swedish CD
(7243 8631812 1; 10 October 2004)
- Swedish limited edition digipack
(7243 8636752 5; 27 October 2004)
- South African CD
(CDEMCJ (WFL) 6183; 19 November 2004)
- Brazilian CD
(7243 8631812 1; 20 December 2004)
- Taiwanese CD
(0 7243 8631812 1; 23 December 2004)
- Japanese CD
(TOCP 66352; 13 January 2005)
Marie's comments on the album
"Making The Change feels like a victory to me. An incredible cool and fantastic feeling that's hard to describe in words. I had thoughts and plans of a solo album in English for a long while. Suddenly it felt necessary to do this. I wanted to share emotions and experiences from our worst time. There were moments where I thought I didn't have the strength to finish the work, but I got it, little by little."
- Produced by Mikael Bolyos.
- CD-mastering by Claes Persson at CRP Recording.
- Drawings by Marie Fredriksson.
- Design by Kjell Andersson and Pär Wickholm.
|1.||"2nd Chance"||10 October 2004|
|2.||"All About You"||1 December 2004|
|3.||"A Table In The Sun"||18 May 2005|
- Aftonbladet review
- http://www.expressen.se/1.144409 Expressen review]
- http://www.hallandsposten.se/artikel.asp?oid=18690 Halland Posten review]
- http://www.na.se/meny/recension.asp?page=1&nr=10787 Nerikes Allehanda review]
- http://hd.se/noje/skivor/2004/10/30/livsbejakande-och-nattsvart Helsingborgs Dagblad review]