The Cheaters (1945 film)
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (October 2013)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013)|
|Directed by||Joseph Kane|
|Produced by||Joseph Kane (associate producer)|
|Written by||Frances Hyland (story and screenplay)
Albert Ray (story)
|Distributed by||Republic Pictures|
|July 14, 1945|
The Cheaters (1945) also known as The Castaway, is a Christmas tale about a has-been actor invited to Christmas dinner by a rich family, directed by Joseph Kane. Joseph Schildkraut, Billie Burke and Eugene Pallette star in the film, distributed by Republic Pictures.
- Joseph Schildkraut as Anthony Marchaund / "Mr. M."
- Billie Burke as Mrs. Pidgeon
- Eugene Pallette as Mr. Pidgeon
- Ona Munson as Florie Watson
- Raymond Walburn as Willie Crawford
- Anne Gillis as Angela Pidgeon
- Ruth Terry as Therese Pidgeon
- Robert Livingston as Stephen Bates
- David Holt as Reggie Pidgeon
- Robert Greig as MacFarland
- Norma Varden as Matty Tait
It has been released on DVD.