The Chica Show
|The Chica Show|
|Also known as||Chica|
|Presented by||Kelly Vrooman|
|Starring||Forrest Harding, Mario Lopez, John Taylor, Christopher Brasfield|
|Opening theme||"The Chica Show"|
|Ending theme||"The Chica Show" (instrumental)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||28|
|Running time||11 minutes|
NBC (NBC Kids)
|Original run||November 24, 2012– present|
|Preceded by||The Sunny Side Up Show|
|Related shows||The Sunny Side Up Show|
|Program site on Sprout Online|
The Chica Show is an American animated television series based on the puppetry segments of The Sunny Side Up Show on PBS Kids Sprout, which features the chicken puppet character Chica in full episodic and animated adventures rather than the traditional continuity of Sunny Side Up. The program premiered on November 24, 2012, with a preview episode airing on October 31, 2012. The program began to air as part of the NBC Kids block on Comcast sister network NBC in February 2013, and is fully compliant with E/I regulations. A second season started on July 29, 2013.
- Kelly (Kelly Vrooman) - The shopkeeper of the Costume Coop, a store that sells lots of different costumes.
- Chica (squeaks provided by Forrest Harding)- A chicken puppet and Mr. and Mrs. C's daughter. Chica often causes problems in the live-action segments, only for Kelly to teach her a lesson and the lesson to be demonstrated in the cartoon segment. Chica's name is actually Spanish for "girl."
- Bunji (voiced by John Taylor)- A bunny who likes carrots.
- Stitches (voiced by Mario Lopez)- A boy who seems to be a rag doll that is a display in the Coop's window.
- Mr. C- A rooster who is Chica's father.
- Mrs. C- A hen who is Chica's mother. She has starred in many plays at the Coop.
In every episode, Kelly, Chica, Mr. C and Mrs. C tend to what the customer at the Costume Coop that episode needs. Things often go wrong in this part due to Chica, so Kelly tries to teach Chica the lesson of the episode. Then, the cuckoo clock (which is shaped like Mr. C,) goes off and Mr. C and Mrs. C lock up the Coop while singing a song. After, two eggs with legs hop out of the cuckoo clock and Kelly, Chica, Stitches, and Bunji turn into cartoon characters. Then, Kelly says "Time to dress up and play!" and the cartoon segment is shown, demonstrating the lesson that Chica learned.
NOTE: Episode air dates match with those on NBC Kids.
1. Captain Chica Redcomb; The Amazing Chicadini Air Date: February 7, 2013 Plot: Chica loses a pirate party hat; Chica learns to believe in herself while pretending to be a magician.
2. Chica Rocks; Chica Twinkle Toes Air Date: February 16, 2013 Plot: Chica learns to keep a beat in her imaginary rock band; ballerina Chica learns the importance of practicing.
3. Cowgirls and Cowchicken; Icky, Sticky, Chicky Air Date: February 23, 2013 Plot: Chica learns about following rules; Chica creates chaos in the coop when she doesn't want to clean up after making an icky, sticky masterpiece.
4. Chica to the Rescue; Chica and the Vikings Air Date: March 2, 2013 Plot: Fire Chief Chica learns how to be a hero; Chica learns to be polite.
5. Commander Chica Lifts Off; Chica the Artist Air Date: March 9, 2013 Plot: Chica gets jittery during her imaginary space mission; Chica discovers that everyone has their own special touch when it comes to creating art.
6. Chica Plays the Egg Games; Super Chica Air Date: March 16, 2013 Plot: Chica learns to be a good sport; Chica learns the importance of teamwork.
7. Special Delivery Chica; Chica's Big Comb Circus Air Date: March 23, 2013 Plot: The cuckoo clock in the Coop breaks and makes other animal noises; Chica acts bossy while being the ringmaster of a circus.
8. Reporting for WCLUCK; Doctor Chica Air Date: March 30, 2013 Plot: Chica pretends to be a news reporter; Chica, a fairy doctor, tries to cure Fairy Stitches of his "Wilted Wing."
9. Chica Has the Chirples; Chica's Jug Band Jamboree Air Date: April 6, 2013 Plot: Chica loses her voice; no one can play in the jug band jamboree because Chica will not share any of the instruments.
10. Chica Climbs a Mountain; Snow Princess Chica Air Date: April 13, 2013 Plot: A cold wind forces Chica to cancel her luau plans, so see sets off on an icy adventure; Chica becomes frustrated when she can't find a crown in the Coop.
11. Vroom, Vroom Chica; Chica the Bock-a-Doodle Builder Air Date: April 20, 2013 Plot: Chica and her friends race off on an adventure; Chica learns about planning buildings.
12. Farmer Chica; Bock-a-Doodle-Doo, I Love You Air Date: April 27, 2013 Plot: Chica gorges on junk food; Chica thinks that her parents don't love her anymore after she causes trouble.
||This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Lists of international channels are discouraged by Manual of Style. (October 2013)|
The Chica Show has aired on a number of channels around the world.
|Countries||Channels (notes)||Currently airing?||First aired|
|New Zealand||TVNZ Kidzone24
|United Kingdom||Tiny Pop||Yes|
- Dickson, Jeremy (April 10, 2012). "New Sprout series heads into production". kidscreen.com. Retrieved 3 February 2014.