The Chop Tops
|The Chop Tops|
|Origin||Santa Cruz, California|
|Genres||Rockabilly, Psychobilly, Punk, Surf, Teddy Boy, Rock 'n' Roll|
|Past members||"Flyin" Brian (guitar)
"Rockin" Drew (drums)
Ray "Gun" (bass)
Dylan "The Man" Cavaliere(bass)
Nate "TK" (bass)
The Chop Tops are a rockabilly trio from Santa Cruz, California consisting of Sinner (vocals/standing drums), Shelby (guitar), and Josh (upright bass). The band was formed by Sinner in 1995, Shelby joined in 1999, and Josh took over bass duties in 2014. The band coined the phrase "Revved-Up Rockabilly" to describe their wild, upbeat blend of rockabilly, psychobilly, old punk, teddy boy, and surf music genres. The Chop Tops headline their own national tours, have toured with bands like Mad Sin and the Nekromantix, and have opened for many bands including the Dead Kennedys, Suicidal Tendencies, Dick Dale, John Lee Hooker, and Chuck Berry.
Other accomplishments include having three of their songs featured in the video game WET, performing at several Warped Tours, and many years of playing the annual rockabilly festival Viva Las Vegas. In April 2012, the band made their first international tour appearing at dates across Australia (they were asked back and returned for another Australian tour in June 2013). The Chop Tops are sponsored by Murray's Pomade. Murray's has sponsored only two bands in its 88-year history, the Stray Cats and the Chop Tops. The group is also sponsored and endorsed by Gretsch guitars, Jim Dunlop, and T.U.K. shoes.
- Revved-Up Rockabilly (1997) Swillbilly Music
- Tales of Hot Rods, Hot Broads & Lucky Odds! (1999) Swillbilly Music, Producer: Deke Dickerson
- Always Wild (2000) Rollin' Rock Records 
- Evil Six (2001) Swillbilly Music
- Triple Deuces  (2006) Split 7 Records
- Deadly Love  (2010) Swillbilly Music, Producer & Assistant Engineer: Kim Nekroman Mastered by Maor Appelbaum
- Evil Six: Revisited  (2012) Swillbilly Music
- Hicks with Sticks – A Town North Of Bakersfield (2005) Cracked Piston Recordings
- Revenge Of The Hot Rod Zombies (2008) Boss Beat
- Rebels of Rock 'N' Roll, Vol. 1 (2008) Straight Razor Records
- Rebels of Rock N Roll No. 2 (2009) Straight Razor Records
- Flying Saucer Rock 'N' Roll (2006) 
- "Tour Dates". thechoptops.com. Retrieved 2012-09-03.
- "Performers They've Played With". thechoptops.com. Retrieved 2012-04-23.
- "Warped Tour Lineups By Year". Wikipedia. Retrieved 2009-07-17.
- "Chop Tops Blast Billy Audiences Away". santacruz.com. Retrieved 2012-09-03.
- DuShane, Tony (2007-02-15). "The Chop Tops". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- "Rollin' Rock Records". rollinrockrecords.com. Retrieved 2008-05-14.
- "Triple Deuces on Amazon". Amazon. Retrieved 2011-04-19.
- "Deadly Love on Amazon". Amazon. Retrieved 2011-04-19.
- "Evil Six: Revisited on Amazon". Amazon. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Flying Saucer Rock 'N' Roll on the Internet Movie Database". IMDb. Retrieved 2009-11-09.