The Christmas That Almost Wasn't
|The Christmas That Almost Wasn't|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Rossano Brazzi|
|Produced by||Barry B. Yellen
|Written by||Paul Tripp|
|Music by||Bruno Nicolai|
|Edited by||Maurizio Lucidi|
|Distributed by||Childhood Productions Inc.|
|November 23, 1966|
|94 min. (89 min. in the USA)|
The Christmas That Almost Wasn't is a 1966 film that stars Rossano Brazzi and Paul Tripp, and was originally released by Childhood Productions Inc., and re-released at theaters in 1970 as part of the "MGM Children's Matinees" film series.
Phineas T. Prune is an old miser who holds the deed to the North Pole. It seems that Santa Claus is behind in paying his rent. Prune plans to have Santa, Mrs. Claus, and the elves evicted and keep the Christmas toys. Santa asks Sam Whipple for help. Can Whipple and the children around the world help Santa and prevent Christmas from being canceled?
- Rossano Brazzi as Phineas T. Prune
- Paul Tripp as Sam Whipple
- Lydia Brazzi as Mrs. Santa
- Alberto Rabagliati as Santa Claus
- Mischa Auer as Jonathan, the elf foreman
- Sonny Fox as Mr. Prim
- John Karlsen as Blossom
The film was directed by and stars Rossano Brazzi. The actual story was based on the book written by Paul Tripp, who also adapted it for the screen and stars in the film. The musical score was written by Bruno Nicolai which includes the title song sung by Glenn Yarbrough. In the USA, the film is rated G and has a running time of 89 minutes.
The film was released on DVD on October 7, 2003 to Region 1.
- The Christmas That Almost Wasn't at the Internet Movie Database
- The Christmas That Almost Wasn't at the TCM Movie Database
- The Christmas That Almost Wasn't at AllMovie
- "The Website That Almost Wasn't" Fansite
- Multiple December HBO Guides (1970s and 1980s)
- Amazon: The Christmas That Almost Wasn't (DVD)
- Netflix: The Christmas That Almost Wasn't Retrieved June 27, 2013
- Amazon Instant Video: Christmas That Almost Wasn't Retrieved December 10, 2013
|This article about a children's film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|