The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
As of January 1, 2012, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reported 30,435 members, nine stakes and three districts, 107 congregations (73 wards, 34 branches), two missions in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
Currently, the Democratic Republic of the Congo ranks as having the 16th highest LDS growth rate among countries of the world, with an annual growth rate of 13 percent.
Since establishing itself in the country, the church has played a large role in providing humanitarian aid services in the nation. This has involved installing clean water distribution systems in areas where sanitation and water are low.
In 2011, it was reported that the church had reached a total of 100 congregations in the DRC
|166. Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo (Announced)|
- LDS Meetinghouse Locator
- "Facts and Statistics: Statistics by Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo", Newsroom (LDS Church), 1 January 2012, retrieved 2013-03-11
- "Country information: Democratic Republic of the Congo", 2013 Church Almanac (Deseret News)
- Africa, Caribbean Lead the way in LDS Growth [sic]
- Mormon church helps bring water to help African Communities
- Cumorah.com- country profiles- Congo DR
- "Country information: Democratic Republic of the Congo", Deseret News Church Almanac (multiple almanacs from various years) (Deseret News)
- Walker, Joseph (1 October 2011). "LDS general conference opens with the announcement of six new Mormon temples". Deseret News (Salt Lake City). Retrieved 1 October 2011..
- "Mormon church president announces plans for new temples in Utah, Wyoming, Colombia, Africa". Washington Post. AP. 1 October 2011. Retrieved 5 October 2011..
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints membership statistics
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Ghana
- Religion in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Christianity in the Democratic Republic of the Congo