From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from The City (TV series))
The City may refer to:
The city centre of any sizeable city, especially in local usage in the surrounding metropolitan area or region, is often known as "the City", including the following examples:
- New York City, as known throughout the New York metropolitan area.
- Manhattan, the most densely populated borough of New York City.
- Boston, as is known in New England.
- Philadelphia, as known throughout the Philadelphia metropolitan area.
- Washington, D.C., as known throughout the Washington metropolitan area.
- Istanbul (Constantinople), the Greeks still refer to the former Byzantine capital as "the Polis" or "the City" since as it used to be the center of Hellenistic civilization for over a millennium, and still is the head of the Orthodox Church.
- San Francisco, throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
- The City of London, the historic core of London and (by metonymy) the British financial services sector.
- Rome, as the English translation of the classical Latin Urbe referring specifically to Rome.
- Chicago, as known in northern Illinois.
- Pittsburgh, as known in southwestern Pennsylvania.
- The City (The Tick), the fictional setting of The Tick comic books and TV series
- The City (Transmetropolitan), a fictional megacity in the Vertigo comic Transmetropolitan
- The City, the setting of the Thief video game series
Film and television
- The City (1916 film), a 1916 film
- The City (1926 film), a lost 1926 silent film
- The City (1939 film), an American documentary by Steiner and Van Dyke
- The City (1977 film), a pilot for an unproduced American crime drama TV series
- The City (1994 film), a Malayalam action film
- The City (1998 film), an American neo-realist film by David Riker
- The City (1995 TV series), an American soap opera, 1995–1997
- The City (1999 TV series), a Canadian prime time soap opera
- The City (2008 TV series), an American reality television series, 2008–2010
- The City (book), a 1921 book by Max Weber
- "The City" (poem), an 1894 poem by Constantine P. Cavafy
- "The City" (short story), a short story by Ray Bradbury
- The City, a comic strip by Derf
- The City (band), a 1980s alternative rock band
- The City (group), a music trio composed of Carole King, Danny Kortchmar, and Charles Larkey
- The City (XM), an Urban Top 40 radio channel
- The City (FemBots album), 2005
- The City (Vangelis album), 1990
- The City (EP), an EP by Madeon featuring the song of the same name, 2012
- "The City" (The 1975 song), a song by The 1975
- "The City", a song by The Dismemberment Plan from Emergency & I
- "The City", a song by The Haunted from Unseen
- "The City", a song by Mims
- "The City", a song by rapper Game, from The R.E.D. Album
- "The City", a song by Patrick Wolf from Lupercalia
- "The City", a song by the gospel group "Commissioned", off of their 1st album "I'm Going On", in 1985.
- The City (magazine), an American magazine of evangelical Christianity
- All pages beginning with "The City"
- City (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title The City.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.