The Cohen Group
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2008)|
The Cohen Group is a firm providing advice to corporate leadership and assistance in marketing and regulatory affairs. It is based in Washington, D.C. with offices in Beijing and Tianjin, People's Republic of China.
The firm was founded by former United States Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen in 2001 to help multinational clients expand overseas. The Cohen Group has a strategic alliance with DLA Piper, a global law firm specializing in business, real estate, and technology.
Team members of The Cohen Group bring years of experience from the White House, the State Department, the Defense Department, and Congress. The senior talent at the Cohen Group includes, among others:
- Joseph Ralston, former United States Air Force general, NATO Supreme Allied Commander and Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Marc Grossman, Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs, United States Ambassador to Turkey
- R. Nicholas Burns, Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs, United States Ambassador to Greece
- James Loy, who served as Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security, Administrator of the Transportation Security Administration, Commandant of the Coast Guard
- George Robertson, Baron Robertson of Port Ellen, who served as Secretary General of NATO and United Kingdom Secretary of State for Defence
- Paul J. Kern, who served as the Commander of the Army Materiel Command and the Senior Adviser for Army Research, Development and Acquisition
- Joe Yakovac, who served as Director of the Army Acquisition Corps and Military Deputy to the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics and Technology
- Harry Raduege, who served as Director of the Defense Information Systems Agency and Commander of the Joint Task Force Global Network Operations
- Frank Miller, who served as Senior Director for Defense Policy at the National Security Council as well as many years in senior roles at the Department of Defense.
- Danny Sebright, who served as Director of the Executive Secretariat at the Defense Department during Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan and Operation Noble Eagle.
Publications by Secretary Cohen
- November 11, 2012, The Pivot to Asia and Obama’s Second Term Hindustan Times
- June 8, 2009, Smart Power is Soft Power Politico
- June 3, 2009, Nuclear cooperation with U.A.E. in our interest The Hill
- May 28, 2009, Obama’s chance to cement ties with India The Financial Times
- May 28, 2009, No time to cut missile defense The Washington Times
- April 23, 2009, The World Depends on U.S.-China Cooperation The Wall Street Journal
- September 30, 2008, The India Deal that Merits Forbes Magazine
- December 30, 2007, Changing Our Direction www.nationalinterest.org
- August 12, 2007, What is This Man Thinking? Washington Post
- February 5, 2007, Perfect Partners Asian Wall Street Journal
- July 17, 2007, Commentary: North Korea's declaration of independence [sic] CNN.com
- Former NATO Head Lord George Robertson Joins The Cohen Group PR Newswire Europe March 29, 2004
- The Cohen Group Announces Further Expansion of India Practice PR Newswire Asia February 7, 2008