"The Comet Song" is a song by Icelandic artist Björk, written by herself and long-time friend and collaborator Sjón as the title theme of the 2010 movie Moomins and the Comet Chase. The song is released as a charity single and all the benefits are donated to the victims of the 2010 Pakistan floods.
Bjork had previously declared to be a big fan of Moomins, and had worn clothes featuring characters from the series on several occasions.
in the music video for "The Comet Song".
The music video is formed by pieces of the movie. We can see the Moomins working in team and running away from the comet, among other things. The video is directed by Maria Lindberg, as is the film.
- ^ Bjork News
- ^ Henning Hoeg (November 17, 2009). "Mumi Björk". BT. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- ^ "Björk Writes New Song for Freaky Finnish Children's Movie". Pitchfork Media. 16 November 2009. Retrieved 15 April 2010.
- ^ "Bjork writes new song for Moomins film". NME. November 17, 2009. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- ^ a b Richard Smirke (August 25, 2010). "Bjork To Release 'Moomins' Charity Song". Billboard. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- ^ Chris Mugan (August 26, 2010). "Bjork Unveils Song for Moomins Movie". Spinner. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- ^ Oli Simpson (November 18, 2009). "Björk records song for 'Moomins' movie". Digital Spy. Retrieved 23 May 2012.