The Committee for the Five Northern Korean Provinces
The Committee for the Five Northern Korean Provinces (Hangul: 이북5도위원회; Hanja: 以北五道委員會) is a hypothetical[clarification needed] civilian administrative organization of the Government of South Korea, should South Korea realize its claims to territory north of Military Demarcation Line. The territory under the Committee's control would include the whole of North Korea, inside part of the Heaven lake and inside part of the ridge enclosing the lake.
The Governors of the five provinces would be appointed by the South Korean government.
Flags of the five northern Korean provinces
Southern provinces with territory in North Korea
- "S.Korea, U.S. Plans for N.Korea Collapse Take Shape". The Chosun Ilbo. May 16, 2011. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- Korean reunification
- North Hamgyeong Province, Republic of Korea
- South Hamgyeong Province, Republic of Korea
- Hwanghae Province, Republic of Korea
- North Pyeongan Province, Republic of Korea
- South Pyeongan Province, Republic of Korea