The Compliance Team
The Compliance Team Inc., is a US for-profit organization which runs the "Exemplary Provider" accreditation programs, a US-based alternative to the Joint Commission. It was set up in 1994 and is based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
In 2006, The Compliance Team was formally granted national deeming authority by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services as an accrediting body for all type of durable medical equipment (DME) including respiratory, mobility, woundcare, orthopedic, prosthetics, orthotics, diabetic, ostomy, and incontinence supplies. DME point of service providers include pharmacy, home care, podiatrists and orthopedic surgeons.
The Compliance Team has accredited approximately 5,000 DMEPOS providers in the USA and Puerto Rico. It has been reported that demand for participation in their Exemplary Provider Program has significantly increased since being awarded Medicare deeming status.
- Hospital accreditation
- International healthcare accreditation
- List of healthcare accreditation organisations in the USA
- Patient safety
- Patient safety organization
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2008)|
- Official Web Page
- Statement of Sandra C. Canally with Compliance Team to the United States House Committee on Ways and Means
- Accreditation, by Global Media Marketing
- Liberator Medical Holdings, Inc.’s Subsidiary Liberator Medical Supply, Inc. Receives Certificate of Accreditation From the Compliance Team, Inc.
|This article about a medical organization or association is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|