The Congregation (album)
|Studio album by Johnny Griffin|
|Recorded||October 23, 1957
Van Gelder Studio, Hackensack
|Johnny Griffin chronology|
The Congregation is an album by American tenor saxophonist Johnny Griffin recorded in 1957 and released on the Blue Note label. It would be his last work for the label.  The album cover was designed by Andy Warhol.
The Allmusic review by Scott Yanow awarded the album 5 stars and stated "The great tenor saxophonist Johnny Griffin is heard in top form on this near-classic quartet set... It's recommended for bop collectors".
- All compositions by Johnny Griffin except as indicated
- "The Congregation" - 6:47
- "Latin Quarter" (John Jenkins) - 6:29
- "I'm Glad There Is You" (Jimmy Dorsey, Paul Mertz) - 5:10
- "Main Spring" - 6:33
- "It's You or No One" (Sammy Cahn, Jule Styne) - 4:52
- "I Remember You" (Johnny Mercer, Victor Schertzinger) - 7:29